Age cap?

Options
AmberJslimsAWAY
AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
In dating, do you have an age cap as to how old they can be? Or how young?

If you do what is it? and how old are you?

I won't date anyone younger than 27 (I'm 25) or older than 37. The youngest I'd date is pretty solid. 2 years older than me, the cap though, is a bit flexible. I dated a guy that was 39 when I was 22, and I think that's why I won't go back over that cap...

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 28.

My preferred age range is between 35-40.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't date a guy younger than me (I'm 27). I don't have a really good reason for it or anything, I just wouldn't. Older...well, it would depend on the person. I don't know that I'd be into a guy over 40 unless it was John Stamos.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and have no hard age cap, but I'm not into steel wool. On the low end, I'd say mid-twenties.

As for the posts about older guys about keeping up... go ahead and try me, I've got cardio for days.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like to pick em up young then send them off to Carrousel once they reach 30.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the 'cougar' on this thread...just started seeing someone who is 28.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

You don't look a day over 26
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    About; 27- 28
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick with the (half my age) + 7 rule for the younger cap. For the older cap, I guess I would say 37, but I never really thought about it before.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Age cap would probably be 32. Usually shoot for maybe a year younger to 5 years older though.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

wow no doubt!

i dated a girl that was 25 last year. the oldest i've dated was 36. i don't really have an age rule. it all depends on where they are in their lives i think.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    When I was single I decided I couldn't date men older than my older brother. He's 8.5 years older than me. My husband is 6 months younger than him so he barely made it. At the time I'd only date about a year or 2 younger, but I was 21.

Now, if I were singled I'd probably date 25-45. I'm 32.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

36 yrs olds cannot be cougars :wink:

Now if I was to date a 28 yr old, THAT would be cougarish!!!

lol.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I say 28 or older...I've dated older and younger than me. I've found that 28-32 most ladies aren't as jaded as those that are older...sorry that's just my experience.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    If they are a billionaire and I could get the will signed over to me, then no real upper age limit. The older the better....

as for the bottom age... well 18 at least....
  • ANB22
    ANB22 Posts: 64
    Options
    well I'm 26 and def. wouldn't date younger and I would say at least 30-45 (if they are in good shape that is don't want a frump 45 yr old) but as long as they can keep up with me in ALL ways I'm good
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    well I'm 26 and def. wouldn't date younger and I would say at least 30-45 (if they are in good shape that is don't want a frump 45 yr old) but as long as they can keep up with me in ALL ways I'm good

this was my porblem... he couldn't keep up
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

wow no doubt!

i dated a girl that was 25 last year. the oldest i've dated was 36. i don't really have an age rule. it all depends on where they are in their lives i think.

I'm 25 :wink: haha

I would say I wouldn't date someone more than 1 year younger than me. As for age CAP, I don't really have one... all depends on the person and how our personalities fit, honestly.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'd say +3 or -10 but it all depends on other factors.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a firm number on either end it's really more about where they are in their life and what they want with the rest of their life. I'm 27, about to be 28, and a single mom with 2 kids. I've dated guys older and guys younger but what it comes down to every time is less about their age and more about their values and experience.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I like younger men.. I will be 36 Friday my current boyfriend is 32, Boyfriend before him was 9 years younger then me. He was an old soul tho and has/had much more in common with me then Andy ever did. Andy is just now maturing to my level we broke up a bunch of times when we 1st got together that's when I started seeing the (now 26)younger guy who's 27th birthday is Monday.
    I prob won't date anybody younger then me again unless they are an old soul. But not so old they are like my dad.