Age cap?

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    In my case, I'm 26, my husband is 37, we are both mentally about 5 so perfect match really :P

Haha, that's cute
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    When I was last single (around 26 years old), I'd go up or down 5 years. Some of the 21 year olds I dated then were more mature than the 30-somethings. My husband's two years younger than me.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am 37 years old so the age gap for me would be 30years old- earlier 40's. I wouldn't go any younger than 30 years old though. I wouldn't go any older than 44 years old.
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    lets see, im 35 so maybe 27 on the low side and 42 on the high side
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and married but before that I didn't have a limit, it's more about chemistry than a number, saying that I definitely couldn't date anyone older than my parents (so 51), that would feel so wrong. Oops, guess I do have a cap then lol.
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's really not the age. I married a man 6 years younger than me, and he can't keep up with me.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If they are a billionaire and I could get the will signed over to me, then no real upper age limit. The older the better....

as for the bottom age... well 18 at least....

second.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and I would date someone younger than me....but I tend to prefer older men. My age range is 28 to 48 on the dating websites. However, I personally, really prefer 32-45. :)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Im 25 and my husband is 35.... thats just the right amount for me. I never dated anyone the same age as me ...always 5+ years older than i was!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the 'cougar' on this thread...just started seeing someone who is 28.

You don't look a day over 26

Awww! Thank you! That MMD!
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't *think* I'd date anyone younger, but older is fine by me.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I do love all men equally :flowerforyou: but as far as dating I'd say 10 under / 20 over
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    In dating, do you have an age cap as to how old they can be? Or how young?

If you do what is it? and how old are you?

I won't date anyone younger than 27 (I'm 25) or older than 37. The youngest I'd date is pretty solid. 2 years older than me, the cap though, is a bit flexible. I dated a guy that was 39 when I was 22, and I think that's why I won't go back over that cap...

Right NOW...30 - 52; FIONE, Professional/Well Educated, Spiritual and Kind!!! My former partner is about 15 years younger than Me (Thing about the Profiles here, Age stays the Same as when joined!) and that actually worked well for Me at that time.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the 'cougar' on this thread...just started seeing someone who is 28.

You can't be old enough to be a cougar, puma maybe :wink:

^I'll take Puma, thanks!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My bf is 5 years older. I wouldn't want to go much more than that up, and maybe 2-3 years younger.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put any cap on it.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I am married and he is 6 years older. I really like the age gap, but even between him and I there are some generational differences. I can't imagine dating someone beyond 30. At this point in my life, I think that I couldn't date someone my age either (22). From my experience, the men in my age group are not even close to my maturity level. But I believe there are exceptions to everything.
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i'm 19... wouldn't date a younger guy.. preferred age range would be between 20-23
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am in a committed relationship currently with the love of my life (my soulmate). We've been together for a long time so it is hard for me to think about dating someone else. But knowing something about true love, I don't think I would let silly things like this stand in the way of happiness. I might start my search looking somewhere around my age (dating site or something?), but I imagine in the end age, hair color, nationality, race, etc (possibly even gender) wouldn't really be my make or break it items. As long as we were compatible and we were attracted to each other (and they were of consenting age of course) I'd probably go for it. I'm not really that hung up on things like that. People really are just people. When trying to find someone you connect with why limit yourself?
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I am 35.
    I wouldn't date younger than 25, or older than 45. Yep 10 years in each direction.

I guess I'm more concerned about all the other qualities than age.