Age cap?

Options

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Well, I have had to put a cap on my dating other people altogether when I got married. ; )

I've never really had an age cap, but I've always tended to prefer people around my age. Whether a little older or younger - no big deal. I think that the only problem that I personally have with big age differences is the lack of common ground.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    25-40 would be ideal.
  • xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    I am 20 and my fiance is 3, almost four years older than me.

If I was single though, it wouldn't be more than 27 for me and no way, I don't do younger guys.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What's a date? I think I forgot, because I haven't been on one in years...I prefer my men older, but I am getting a lot older myself, so I think my cap is getting smaller. I am 37, and just can't picture myself with someone over 50. I have dated (and married) men (and women) anywhere from 4 years older, to 17 years older (when I was 24, I was with someone 41). I only dated younger than me, other than high school, once, and that was a huge mistake. I was 27, and he was 20, but still lived at home, and his mom was very involved in his life. Too involved.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    My range is 28-50

I'm somewhere in the middle-ish of that
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1/2 your age + 7 is the youngest you can go.... It just works
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    when i was younger, i had a cap. wouldn't ever consider dating anyone younger than me. now, i really don;t have a cap. last guy i dated was 10 years younger. current one, 13 years younger. oldest i have dated was 20 years. i like to keep my options open.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    In dating, do you have an age cap as to how old they can be? Or how young?

If you do what is it? and how old are you?

I won't date anyone younger than 27 (I'm 25) or older than 37. The youngest I'd date is pretty solid. 2 years older than me, the cap though, is a bit flexible. I dated a guy that was 39 when I was 22, and I think that's why I won't go back over that cap...

Youngest...25, but it's not set in stone...and is really dependant on the person.

Oldest, normally around 35...but again, someone special going to make that limit disappear. Probably more easily than a younger girl would have it.

Oh, and for the record...I'm 37.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    When I was 20 I dated a 40 yr old. When I was 40 I dated a 25 yr old. As long as we can carry on a good conversation age is just a number. Besides, at my age I can't be picky!! :smile:
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 I go for 21 - 25 ( maybe 26 maybe) I'm not into older guys though, just was never my thing.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well. I used to think, no more than 3 years younger and 4 years older.

Now, I'm 34 and my bf is 28 and everything is bliss. :ohwell:

Apparently, I'm a puma. ^_^;
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Mine is between 35 and 45.

My husband seems to have a problem with this, though. :wink:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I dated a 27 year old once, I was 17. and when I was 23 I dated some 18- 35 year olds. but for now I'm good with my 30 year old, and next year I'll be good with my 31 year old and so on....
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    When I was 26 I dated people as young as 20 and as old as 45. I like all ages as long as they're legal and like to party.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    24 here...I've never really dated anyone more than a year younger than myself. I would say I'd go as low as 21 if the guy is somewhat mature for his age. I honestly don't think I'd go over 30 just because I find that most guys I meet around that age are looking to settle down in a year or two (marriage,kids) and I'm not there yet. If both people are on the same page as far as career and family goals age shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think a lot of it has to do with life experience as well.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Im 35. Youngest is around 27-28. Oldest I would say would be like 40-41?

I dont really think so much about age. I think about how they look to me and how they act.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

He'd prefer a narrower range?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Eightteen to Eighty
    Blind, Crippled or Crazy
    Sick, Lame or Lazy
    I'm not too picky
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

He'd prefer a narrower range?

I think he'd prefer my range was for women. Then he'd watch.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    First let me say that I always LOSE at the guess my age...so it is hard to define my range. I believe people go through different ranges in life..

School
    College
    Drinking (party it up)
    Starting a Family (kids under 8)
    Running a Family (kids between 8 and 18)
    Empty Nest (no kids at home)

Now except for the first 2 (not trying to discriminate against anyone that is going "back" to college) are pretty much set ages and under 21.

So for me at 41 I have completed School, College, Drinking, Starting a Family (no kids of my own, but was with my ex-wife and her 3 kids since the kids were babies), Running a Family (ex wifes kids are all teen agers) now. Of course since I am divorced and live alone with my two dogs I guess I could be considered an Empty Nest.

As for dating I am looking for someone in the "running a family" or "empty nest" phase so whatever age they are is their age.