Age cap?

Options

Replies

• Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm married, but I'll play along....

I use my brothers ages as boundaries. I won't date anyone younger than my younger brother, 6 years younger than me (26), and I won't date anyone older than my older brother (41).
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    due to recent happenings, i plead the 5th.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and I don't think I would date anyone too much younger than me. Maybe 26? The oldest I would probably go is 35... and even that's stretching it a bit.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I like the ROger Sterling types... a little dashing grey matter :) So, older than me is fine (up to 60 I guess), as long as he can perform, un-enhanced.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    If I were single (I'm 42), I would probably date someone 30 ish and as old as 50ish.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I just can't see myself dating anyone younger than 25....on the other end though...I think 45 might be about the max if I *had* to put a number on it.
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    I have a hard time telling how old people are (I'm 32), but I prefer to date someone who is confident in who they are and where they're heading so that usually narrows it down to the 30 somethings. I wouldn't be opposed to someone outside of their 30s, younger or older, but I naturally gravitate to people around my age.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    well I'm 26 and def. wouldn't date younger and I would say at least 30-45 (if they are in good shape that is don't want a frump 45 yr old) but as long as they can keep up with me in ALL ways I'm good

this was my porblem... he couldn't keep up
    LOL!!!!!

Oh Amber...
    This is so funny...
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    If I was single my age range would be 40-49. I am 44.

For me though the big thing is height. I am only 4'11.5 so I date short men, I wouldn't date a man over 5'8. The only reason for that is, I love to dance and I think it can look a little silly(personally) to be waltzing with someone when my head is resting on the lower part of their chest instead of the shoulder area...

My husband is only 5'6, so it works out perfectly, except he doesn't dance :cry:
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    If I were single I wouldn't really have an age range. I'm 42, and my wife is 33. Before her I was dating a woman two years younger than her. Before that it was a woman 2 years older than me. Age doesn't mean all that much to me so long as we are attracted to each other and can have a decent conversation.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    this is funny because i got asked out by a 19 year old today..i'm 21 and a female! i'm hesitant but giving him a chance :/ but only bc he is geniune and sweet. so i guess i'll go from 19 -31 but id prefer the nice age of 23-25. i know its a big gap in age but you live and you learn.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My preference is + or - 5 years of my current age. But it isn't carved in stone if the right person came along outside that range.
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options
    In my case, I'm 26, my husband is 37, we are both mentally about 5 so perfect match really :P
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Before I got married, I would not date anyone more than 2 years younger than me or 5 years older than me. My husband is 5 and a half years older than me, but I let it slide :wink: On a more serious note, I think it is hard to relate to someone more than a few years older than yourself. My hubby and I had a harder time of it when we first got married (26 vs 31), but it has eased a bit since we are now both over 30.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    If I was single...right now he's a year younger than me and that's fine!

I would prefer to date someone older. Probably up to age 45. I'm 21 right now. I have "dated" people older than me back when I was 18...aged 28&40. Just as long as they know how to have fun but know also when to be serious. Something about those older guys....yum
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm married now, to a guy 1.5 months younger.

But before him... I dated younger (27 with a 19 yr old guy)... and much older (20+ years!!). So I've tried them all. Hahaha. It's always amazing to me how much men are the same in some ways, no matter the age. The 20+ guy seemed a lot younger in many ways. And we lasted for 6 years. So... really, age is such a personal & subjective thing. Hard to put a cap on it.
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    Guess I'm the 'cougar' on this thread...just started seeing someone who is 28.

You can't be old enough to be a cougar, puma maybe :wink:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i'm almost 24.
    I prefer not to date any younger than 22. I've actually never dated a younger guy.
    Age cap would probably be 34. Ten years older than me would be fine.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If I was single my age range would be 40-49. I am 44.

For me though the big thing is height. I am only 4'11.5 so I date short men, I wouldn't date a man over 5'8. The only reason for that is, I love to dance and I think it can look a little silly(personally) to be waltzing with someone when my head is resting on the lower part of their chest instead of the shoulder area...

My husband is only 5'6, so it works out perfectly, except he doesn't dance :cry:

I feel you on the height thing except I'm the opposite. I'm 5'1'' but won't date anyone shorter than 5'10''. (My 5'11' female coworker says she hates people like me because we short girls always snatch up their tall guys haha) I just don't want to have the chance to look them square in the eye if I'm in heels lol. I like feeling smaller next to my man cause it makes me feel protected and safe haha. Maybe I'm crazy, idk.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and the hubby is 46. If I was single I would not go under 35 or older then mid to late 40's.