• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Maybe I should start logging sex :-)

I could eat a bunch, then lol
  • atessieri
    atessieri Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have logged cleaning before but its not like walking around dusting. It's when my 2 year old has taken every toy out and I set a timer for half an hour and dont stop moving. I keep my abs tight and dont go slow. When I was working full time and doing school full time while raising a 2 year old too sometimes those were the only workouts I had time to get in but I did my best to get the mose out of them.
  • jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It bugs me when people b*tch about what other people do.

♥this :)
  • harpgohard
    harpgohard Posts: 65
    Options
    No, I've just answered this question a couple times already. Just stating my opinion.

Yea, the forums tend to explode over things such as this that have been posted before. Bit of a hot button, and many people (myself included) don't want to read thru several pages of replies.
    Well, I'm very interested in everyone's journey. I read all of my pals diaries, exercise, and statuses. I do give people props on their hardwork. Sometimes (because I'm only human) I get annoyed seeing people log "burned 50 cals by doing 10 mins of light cleaning." I'm a firm believer in working hard to change your body. I'm glad to see that they aren't just sitting on the couch all day, but doing dished or making yourself food shouldn't be considered a workout.

I understand that I do not know everyones' journey. I have no place to judge anyone. Thanks to a lot of other's input on this topic, I will get a little less annoyed seeing people log things like that as workouts.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I log in what ever burns calories. Because if I am deep cleaning my carpets and burn 80 calories I love to think about how many calories a three mile run will burn. People always have gripes. Negativity is a beast.
  • harpgohard
    Options

hypocritical much?
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is when "18" year olds that probably live with there parents still haven't even experienced cleaning up after a whole household!!! I log my cleaning on my serious cleaning days when it takes me literally 2.5 hours to clean my 2 story house top to bottom. This weekend I'll use my HRM to show exactly how much calories I burn.
  • SoViLicious
    Options

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I log in heavy house cleaning because I don't do it every day. It takes me hours to clean my house - hauling my vacuum cleaner up and down two flights of stairs, moving furniture to clean beneath/behind, up and down stairs countless time carrying heavy laundry baskets. This IS exercise! I work up a sweat, feel my muscles burn, and it's sustained for a long time. It's the same if I'm out doing yard work. We live on a mountain, so everything is climbing up or down. Pulling weeds is a lot of arm and back work. The days I do that type of work, I should be able to log it in as exercise and eat extra calories. I worked for it!
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    What bothers me is when "18" year olds that probably live with there parents still haven't even experienced cleaning up after a whole household!!! I log my cleaning on my serious cleaning days when it takes me literally 2.5 hours to clean my 2 story house top to bottom. This weekend I'll use my HRM to show exactly how much calories I burn.

Love this!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options

Amen, Sister!
  • harpgohard
    Options
    I have logged cleaning before but its not like walking around dusting. It's when my 2 year old has taken every toy out and I set a timer for half an hour and dont stop moving. I keep my abs tight and dont go slow. When I was working full time and doing school full time while raising a 2 year old too sometimes those were the only workouts I had time to get in but I did my best to get the mose out of them.

That's awesome that you incorporate it into daily routines. I keep my abs tight whenever I sweep and mop and they do start to burn a little after awhile. Very true too, taking care of a 2 year old is probably a harder workout than going for a light jog :P
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm very interested in everyone's journey. I read all of my pals diaries, exercise, and statuses. I do give people props on their hardwork. Sometimes (because I'm only human) I get annoyed seeing people log "burned 50 cals by doing 10 mins of light cleaning." I'm a firm believer in working hard to change your body. I'm glad to see that they aren't just sitting on the couch all day, but doing dished or making yourself food shouldn't be considered a workout.

I understand that I do not know everyones' journey. I have no place to judge anyone. Thanks to a lot of other's input on this topic, I will get a little less annoyed seeing people log things like that as workouts.

I hear ya, I really do. I honestly would probably think the same thing if i saw that, but I know that they may only be hurting themselves. I have friends on my FL who still do not eat healthy most of the time. I keep my lip zipped, though, unless they specifically ask for my opinion.

Glad you were able to not be annoyed by those things anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • rachey_v
    rachey_v Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie, and since I've only just started I've been logging activities that aren't the everyday norm- sweeping the stairs instead of vacuuming, walking around town or out and about all day (I am a bit of a speedwalker) It really helps me to see what I actually do...

however I could be completely wrong as I've just started and don't have a clue about anything :D
  • harpgohard
    Options

I may be 18 but I have been working since I was 14. I work 6 days a week for at least 6 hours. I work more than my step dad does.
    And before, like I've said before, I UNDERSTAND LOGGING HEAVY DUTY CLEANING.
  • Betrbleave
    Betrbleave Posts: 37
    Options
    I thought that was pretty pointless too
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Boobies!!!
  • harpgohard
    Options
    I log in heavy house cleaning because I don't do it every day. It takes me hours to clean my house - hauling my vacuum cleaner up and down two flights of stairs, moving furniture to clean beneath/behind, up and down stairs countless time carrying heavy laundry baskets. This IS exercise! I work up a sweat, feel my muscles burn, and it's sustained for a long time. It's the same if I'm out doing yard work. We live on a mountain, so everything is climbing up or down. Pulling weeds is a lot of arm and back work. The days I do that type of work, I should be able to log it in as exercise and eat extra calories. I worked for it!

I agree. Heavy duty cleaning can get very intense!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Totally agree sista we can only hope maturity will come with time, age, and the big whack in the face that is "the real world"
  • harpgohard
    Options
    I thought that was pretty pointless too
    Me too