Do you have a crazy....

Options

Replies

• comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Im afraid of monkeys throwing poop at me.
    I guess I am too!
  • stuntpilot51
    stuntpilot51 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love thunderstorms and tornado's in fact I go outside during a tornado warning just to catch a glimpse of one.

I live in tornado alley and as I type thunderstorms are approaching. :happy:

My phobia would be dancing! You couldn't drag me kicking and screaming onto a dance floor.

I enjoyed the one about static shocks, as an electrician I've been hit so many times it actually feels good now, except when I get one from a neutral on a flourescent ballast, now that's painful especially if it's 277 volts.
    We must be neighbors so to speak. I am a Missouri girl. Tornado alley as well. Which state are you in?

Lincoln Nebraska

We have a nice line of thunderstorms passing right over us now, I'm loving it.

I spend lot's of time in your state down at the lake of the ozarks, love it!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am DEATHLY afraid of bees and other insects with stingers...also spiders lol
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy ex that im afraid of!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have full out phobias of falling, spiders, and clowns. The falling one is pretty irrational as I've never fallen more than 3 feet but spiders are from an experience when I was 3 and a nest hatched above my bed and I woke up with thousands of tiny spiders crawling on me and the clown one stems from a recurring nightmare I had between ages 3 and 6 when a clown would kidnap me and make me run an obstacle course and I had to swim through this pool with turbines sucking me under and they would either crush me or drown me.

Yeah, I had some messed up thoughts as a kid.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I totally wig out if I am restrained or confined in any way.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Popsicle sticks.
    I cannot be in the room with someone eating a popsicle, even thinking about it make me feel all queasy and ant-crawly. Awful.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear of closed in spaces as well. It is awful. Once I had to get an MRI of my head
    and halfway through I told them to let me out. And they tried to talk me through and I said turn
    this machine off I am so done.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    spiders, I actually had a psychological allergic reaction to a TV program. Yes, you heard it, a TV program, about spiders, my boyfriend at the time and friend forced us to watch it, and keep it on. I felt like they were crawling all over me... just thinking about it has me going nuts. I went to the hospital because I had a full on allergic reaction. Hives, throat was swelling, yeah. Not fun. If I see a spider, I go full on paralyzed mode.

I also fear bridges, (but, being that to get anywhere off of where I live I have to go over a bridge, any way. Ha, so I'm getting over it.
    Semi trucks scare me too, (completely irrational, but it stems from a horror flick)

Also, a teeny bit claustrophobic. If someone gets in my bubble, I tend to freak out and tense up...
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Popsicle sticks.
    I cannot be in the room with someone eating a popsicle, even thinking about it make me feel all queasy and ant-crawly. Awful.
    That sucks. So you can't enjoy popsicles?
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Worms. Creepy, crawly, icky worms.....Freak me out! Also hate palmetto bugs. And I can't stand things around my neck, like scarves. Being restrained also REALLY pisses me off. Ill fight to the death if someone grabs me from behind and wont let me go.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm trypophobic. I won't explain it without getting the willies, you can google it.

I have NIGHTMARES about the stuff that a google image search provided for that!! I have for several years, now! I hate it. Seeing stuff like that makes me feel like I'm gonna be sick at any moment...I always thought I was just weird. I guess I'm not the only one!
    I'm going to rock myself in the corner now. Why did I even look that up? I felt like my skin was going to crawl right off my body looking at those images.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Fear of being unable to see the bottom when I'm in deep water. I'm ok on a boat, but I can't go swimming where I can't see a bottom unless I have a noodle or life vest.
    Thank you! I am not alone. I hate swimming in "dark" water because you don't know what's down there and stuff touches you in the water. I always affectionately called it my fear of dead bodies in the lake.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Rats and ocassionally mice.

Even if they're just on TV I feel physically sick.

This. Exactly this. I have to pick my feet up off the floor even if someone's just talking about them. They seriously weird me out.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I have a fear of heights...I know original....
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of anticipated noise. I can't really explain it, it's like a noise you know is coming, but not sure when? Some examples are a Jack-In-The-box toy, popping a balloon, popping the cork on a champagne bottle. You know there's going to be a noise, but when...? They all freak me out.

The funny thing is I work part time at a wine bar and annoy the heck out of my co-workers when I have to ask them to open champagne for me.

I have the same issue. I also ask people to open champagne bottles for me then I cover my ears
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Bugs, though it stems from a reason other than "they're just icky." My father used to work for two different pest extermination companies and one of them, as jokes, liked giving their employees things like plastic flies and those cheap rubber roaches. My father would put them under the covers with me when I was sleeping or come throw them in my bath water and basically frighten me. I don't run away from bugs, I can easily be near them to kill them (or in one case pick them up and take them outside) but if I feel anything brush against me or I see something like a dark lint ball or whatever in my bed, I'll freak out.

I also have a fear of men. A lot of times if a guy looks at me or strikes up a conversation with me, I'll immediately think he wants to rape me and I try my best to get away from them or get someone else in the room/area so I'm comfortable. Doesn't matter if they're strangers or if I've known them forever. Doesn't stop me from having a normal conversation with a guy (especially online) but sometimes it can really put me out of sorts.
  • mead
    mead Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    spiders and port a johns
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Geckos. Eeugh.
  • peeneenut
    peeneenut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've taken a bullet when I was in the military, but nothing scares me more than a friggin spider! I'm helpless in their presence.
    Thank you for serving our country!!! :heart: I'm scared crapless of spiders, too...and snakes!!!