Knocked up...

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
IMG_0089.jpg

I found out today that I am pregnant with our first child. So happy! My husband and I are delighted, and I am so thankful for all the kind thoughts and words from my friends and strangers here. :smile:

I'm convinced that I wouldn't be here if I were still obese, so I owe a huge thanks to MFP, my friends old and new, and for everyone here for giving me the tools and support to get healthier for our future child.

Looking forward to using MFP to help me eat well and stay fit throughout my pregnancy and beyond. Obviously, my weight loss goals will have to be put on hold, but I hope to remain healthy and active.

I would love to hear from moms or ladies who have gone through pregnancy on here with any advice or tips you have for me. I'm so new to this, and it feels like I just don't even know where to start.

Thank you again!

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm so very happy for you. You'll be the coolest mom.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Aw! Congrats darlin!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Oh SNap!

Congrats....

Those power lifts will come in handy down the road
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    This is such wonderful news! I'm so excited for you!

:flowerforyou:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    So very happy for you sweetie. Best wishes. Your life will be so different, in so many amazing ways :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice?
    Keep being awesome.
  • Notorious_T
    Notorious_T Posts: 384
    Options
    Awwwwww congrats!!!!
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Congrats!! Mom of two. Just stay active and eat right. Being pregnant isn't a chance to just eat and eat cuz ur gonna gain no matter what. Talk to ur doc maybe he/she can set a cal intake that is safe for baby. I'm not sure how heavy u were but anyone can develope gestational diabetes even if ur normal weight. Watch ur processed sugar. Baby gets nutrion from what uveat so smart s
    Choices( of course it's ok to eat ice creem and doughnuts) just don't go crazy lol happy pregnancies make happy babies. Good luck to u and ur hubby and new baby!!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I hope I didn't spill the beans though by noticing the new picture :( ... Just remember no matter what someone says you can still work out and be healthy for YOU and the baby!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Congrats again!!! You can name him Cliff, it's ok......too soon? too soon?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome!
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    So happy for you Liz :heart:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I hope I didn't spill the beans though by noticing the new picture :( ... Just remember no matter what someone says you can still work out and be healthy for YOU and the baby!

haha! I don't mind! I feel like shouting from the rooftops right now :)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Congrats to u and hubby :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to be such a cool mom! :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    HOW EXCITING! Congratulations.

My advice: enjoy it. Enjoy the whole experience. Play the pregnant card as much as possible. Don't take for granted little things like cravings and little kicks and even sleepless nights.

Once I got to about 30 weeks or so I started waking up around 3 a.m. I would wake up and watch entire seasons of shows like.....Grizzley Man and Deadliest Catch. When Captain died on Deadliest Catch I was heartbroken. I told my hubby all about it and he was puzzled. He asked, "I didn't know you watch that show?" I said, I've been watching reruns of entires seasons at 3 a.m. the last few weeks!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Such exciting news!