Knocked up...

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Im so happy for you!!

My advice is don't be tricked into the whole " eating for two" business. I fell for that one, and what a MISTAKE it was. I didn't know you don't need any extra calories the first trimester and only 200-300 more calories the 2nd and third trimester. I was eating like it was noone's business...and that is why I am on this site today! Just try to eat as healthy and sensible as possible, while providing enough nutrients for yourself and the baby.

CONGRATS AGAIN!

My doctor put me on a 2,000 calorie diet with mostly whole grains and whole healthy foods. That's about my maintenance level (about 50 calories over). Hopefully that will be good :)
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    So happy for you dear!

Advice:

You're going to be REALLY tired. Sleep. Especially if you ever plan to have more because you don't have the luxury of sleeping the second time. I'd come home from work, eat dinner and fall asleep on the couch at like 7 most nights.

Eating helps morning sickness.

Don't worry too much about weight gain. It comes off easy. Don't use it as an excuse to go crazy but don't stress over it either.

Pregnancy sucks. It's okay to hate it even if you struggled to get here.

Your business will soon become everyone else's business. For some reason people think it's okay to ask pregnant women anything and everything and they might even tough your stomach uninvited.

The best part of being pregnant is feeling the baby move so treasure that when it happens (and not getting your period for 9 months is pretty awesome too).

I am not a touchy feely person so that whole belly touching thing might get on my nerves.

Thanks for the advice Rae! :)

OMG! It wasn't bad with my first pregnancy, but with my last, I started telling people I wasn't pregnant and just had a very large tumor. I'm not kidding. Random strangers at the grocery store would start touching me without even asking. I hated it!

I wouldn't consider myself a touchy feely person, but I liked people touching my stomach. What I hated was when someone would barely touch/rub it, like it might bite. It you were gonna touch it, be firm about it! Lol.

And also, if you breastfeed, you may not get your period for much longer than 9 months. I didn't have one for 2 years!
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I wouldn't consider myself a touchy feely person, but I liked people touching my stomach. What I hated was when someone would barely touch/rub it, like it might bite. It you were gonna touch it, be firm about it! Lol.

And also, if you breastfeed, you may not get your period for much longer than 9 months. I didn't have one for 2 years!

I had no idea breastfeeding stopped your periods. Good to know!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

It can, but don't use that as your birth control, as it's backfired on quite a few people.. just ask my Grandma, the one with 11 kids!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

It can, but don't use that as your birth control, as it's backfired on quite a few people.. just ask my Grandma, the one with 11 kids!

Also good to know!! :laugh: So glad I started this thread. Learning all kinds of good stuff!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! So happy for you and your husband!! :drinker: :heart:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Make use of your remaining time to squat before the belly gets in the way ^^
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • bridgetinma
    bridgetinma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Make use of your remaining time to squat before the belly gets in the way ^^

LOL! Doc took me off compound lifts until the pregnancy is over. *sadface*

I can do machine squats though.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Glad you are still going to keep logging during your pregnancy. Too many woman think they have to quit MFP because they get pregnant but I think it's a great way to make sure you are getting all you need in your diet to stay healthy. You could change your settings to show all the vitamins so you know you are getting your daily requirement. :flowerforyou: Again wonderful news!
  • Th3Machine
    Th3Machine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Babies yayyy. May all the happiness in the world surround you!
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! I am in the same boat as you are....I was rocking the losing weight/getting healthy train. Then the positive pregnancy test....which I was thrilled about. At first (due to morning sickness) I just ate whatever I wanted because it was VERY limited. But now that I am in my 2nd trimester, I am starting to get back to eating healthy. Still have cookies or ice cream when I want it but I try to limit it.

Good Luck!!!

BTW I am a first time mom myself!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! I am in the same boat as you are....I was rocking the losing weight/getting healthy train. Then the positive pregnancy test....which I was thrilled about. At first (due to morning sickness) I just ate whatever I wanted because it was VERY limited. But now that I am in my 2nd trimester, I am starting to get back to eating healthy. Still have cookies or ice cream when I want it but I try to limit it.

Good Luck!!!

BTW I am a first time mom myself!!

That's so awesome! Congrats!!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I went to bed early so I didn't see this last night. Congrats again Liz!!
  • niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    congratulations hun, thats great news:bigsmile: hope your pregnancy goes well, not too much morning sickness:flowerforyou: