When You Cry... They Win. Stop.

Options

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    You are 100% right. a few years ago I attempted to lose weight. I decided to jogg. Well While huffing and puffing my big but up and down the street, a car of kids drove by slowed down and laughed at me. They said some mean things. Well I stopped joging and I stopped trying o run. Well fast forward i am at my highest weight ever. I lost that battle. I decided enough was enough and now I am back to huffing and puffing and working out. If some turd thinks its funny to make fun of me for bettering my life they can kick rocks because I don't give a ****! This is not about anyone else, this is about and FOR ME!
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I just want to say AMEN to your post. Love it

Rammstein is the best workout / sparring / working the bag music, ever.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I have followed step 1 for 28 years.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Too many people get their panties in a wad over things that other people say or do - why the heck do you give someone that much power over you??

The saying in our family is "Suck it up, Cupcake!" I know there are some touchy-feely people in the world that would be horribly offended by that, but I would much rather have my kids learn how to deal with this now than to be incapacitated as an adult. Life is unfair. People can be mean. Deal with it. Move on. There are more important things in life than listening to what the mean kid at school says. You are loved. You are smart. You are beautiful. You are kind. You understand and have character. These are the important things in life. People who tear down others are typically miserable in their own life, and take joy in dragging others down with them. Don't let them.

Excellent post - and I love your honesty and insight. :flowerforyou:
  • gchutson
    Options
    I have followed step 1 for 28 years.

37 years.
  • gchutson
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Too many people get their panties in a wad over things that other people say or do - why the heck do you give someone that much power over you??

The saying in our family is "Suck it up, Cupcake!" I know there are some touchy-feely people in the world that would be horribly offended by that, but I would much rather have my kids learn how to deal with this now than to be incapacitated as an adult. Life is unfair. People can be mean. Deal with it. Move on. There are more important things in life than listening to what the mean kid at school says. You are loved. You are smart. You are beautiful. You are kind. You understand and have character. These are the important things in life. People who tear down others are typically miserable in their own life, and take joy in dragging others down with them. Don't let them.

Excellent post - and I love your honesty and insight. :flowerforyou:

Mmmmm. Cupcakes.
  • laughingirl71
    laughingirl71 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I believe I shall cross stitch this wisdom upon a pillow. Well said.
  • gchutson
    Options
    I believe I shall cross stitch this wisdom upon a pillow. Well said.

Mmmmm. Pillow.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Love this! Its a tough pill to swallow.

They have power/ ownership over you when they break you. No one (in flesh) deserves that title. Phuck em!
  • gchutson
    Options
    Love this! Its a tough pill to swallow.

They have power/ ownership over you when they break you. No one (in flesh) deserves that title. Phuck em!

Thanks.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Phuck em!

That is what my stepfather always says
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yea! Love this post
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    You really need to say something to them and not ignore it. You teach people how to treat you. If you just act like it is nothing with dysfunctional people, they will get worse and worse. Believe me, I know from my family life experiences. You don't have to argue just tell them that their comment was mean and cruel and you will not tolerate it anymore. If they persist in their snide comments, walk away from them for good. I think a lot of people will say things because YOU allow it!

I really don't want trolls and dysfunctional, cruel people in my life but if you do... just ignore it and smile and enjoy.

Just my opinion

PS: I have the happiest life now that I stopped letting insane ppl walk all over me....

When I had a miscarriage after 6 months on fertility drugs, someone said to me" I guess I got all the fertility and you got all the brains" she later said that she said it because she was jealous because I was smarter than her. I pretended that it didn't hurt me but it DID....
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm printing this out, so awesome! Definitely need this around!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Gidgetfrombama
    Options
    Every time I see you post a new thread, I think "Man, he's a little ridiculous."

Then I think "I want to be his friend."

I get that a lot, less the friend part.

And she never added me either. I feel empty and alone.

SO funny.. when I first read this, instead of "Ridiculous"... I read it as "Delicious". I dont know if that means I'm hungry or horny. lol Maybe the Armchair Psychologist can help me decide if that was a Freudian slip. lol

My diagnosis for you is that it is Friday. Our time is up. That will be $450.

OMG!! I seriously laughed out loud at both comments!!

Damn.. $450 just to have you look at a calendar?? I could have gotten that informaton from Office Max for about ten bucks. lol Any good attorney should know he should get his money upfront - or atleast a precentage of it. Can I pay you with Trident Layers Gum? lol

Oh.. and NERD moment coming up: "On like Zaxxon"... Would have to imply to bring it on.. in a kickass way. It was a pretty revolutionary game for back then.. Flying fighter jets, shooting enemies, third person point of views... and the first game to simulate 3d. Doesnt sound like much to people that play games from this time period... but when you were used to playing games like "Pong" and "Space Invaders".. it was pretty cool. :)

SO.. I would think to say "It's on like Zaxxon" would be similiar to saying "It's on like Donkey Kong", only better because it was a more 'kick *kitten*' game during it's time. lol

Actually, "On" and "Zaxxon" rhyme. "On" and "Kong" do not. "On like Donkey Kong" grammatically pisses me off.

You know, that's always bothered me too... because being a teacher, I'm a bit of a grammar nerd as well. (However, don't judge me by any of the things I write with a smartphone or touch screen.. auto-correct likes to make me look like an idiot!)

So basically, saying "It's on like Donkey Kong" is just plain stupid. It does not rhyme (although down here in the south, we can make just about anything rhyme if we try hard enough), And when you compare the two games' levels of "Kick-assed-ness", it is obviously inferior.

*Yes. I just made up that word. It can't technically be incorrect grammar if the writer purposefully and knowingly creates a word to emphasize a point. Those are the rules that I just made up. :)
  • gchutson
    Options
    Every time I see you post a new thread, I think "Man, he's a little ridiculous."

Then I think "I want to be his friend."

I get that a lot, less the friend part.

And she never added me either. I feel empty and alone.

SO funny.. when I first read this, instead of "Ridiculous"... I read it as "Delicious". I dont know if that means I'm hungry or horny. lol Maybe the Armchair Psychologist can help me decide if that was a Freudian slip. lol

My diagnosis for you is that it is Friday. Our time is up. That will be $450.

OMG!! I seriously laughed out loud at both comments!!

Damn.. $450 just to have you look at a calendar?? I could have gotten that informaton from Office Max for about ten bucks. lol Any good attorney should know he should get his money upfront - or atleast a precentage of it. Can I pay you with Trident Layers Gum? lol

Oh.. and NERD moment coming up: "On like Zaxxon"... Would have to imply to bring it on.. in a kickass way. It was a pretty revolutionary game for back then.. Flying fighter jets, shooting enemies, third person point of views... and the first game to simulate 3d. Doesnt sound like much to people that play games from this time period... but when you were used to playing games like "Pong" and "Space Invaders".. it was pretty cool. :)

SO.. I would think to say "It's on like Zaxxon" would be similiar to saying "It's on like Donkey Kong", only better because it was a more 'kick *kitten*' game during it's time. lol

Actually, "On" and "Zaxxon" rhyme. "On" and "Kong" do not. "On like Donkey Kong" grammatically pisses me off.

You know, that's always bothered me too... because being a teacher, I'm a bit of a grammar nerd as well. (However, don't judge me by any of the things I write with a smartphone or touch screen.. auto-correct likes to make me look like an idiot!)

So basically, saying "It's on like Donkey Kong" is just plain stupid. It does not rhyme (although down here in the south, we can make just about anything rhyme if we try hard enough), And when you compare the two games' levels of "Kick-assed-ness", it is obviously inferior.

*Yes. I just made up that word. It can't technically be incorrect grammar if the writer purposefully and knowingly creates a word to emphasize a point. Those are the rules that I just made up. :)

You spelled "grammar" correctly. That's all that matters.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it sometimes that isn't so easy. Mostly, I do don't give a dam on what people say. There are times, when, I must let them know to know it does bother me..

Mostly, I try not to step on people's toes. They do like wise. Or at lest I hope.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Ok, tough-love time...

I've seen string-after-string of "whining" and "crying" about the things other people say.

Examples:
    - "They insulted me."
    - "They hurt my feelings."
    - "They made me sad."

Here's a few steps to help some of you guys with the crushing things other people say...

Step 1: Stop giving a *kitten* what other people think.
    Step 2: Repeat Step 1.

Now I have no doubt, a handful of people will be morally outraged by what I just typed.
    Please reference Steps 1 through 2.

(I'm sure a few of you have seen me post that on other strings)

When you get "offended," "hurt," "insulted" and "morally outraged," you've already lost the battle, because you granted the other party all the power before you even got started. When you run to your blog or forum to e-whine about how "that big mean person made you saddy-sad," they win. And you helped them to do it.

- When you cry, they win.
    - When you're "emotionally devastated," you give them all the power.
    - When you're the "victim," you make them the "victor."

Don't let them win.

(where's my damn like button)
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Then why you crying about people crying on these forums?

Follow your own advice brah...please don't cry about this too

I'm not your brah.

Next.

Brah's not even a real word. I'm surprised you didn't go that route GC haha
    But seriously, that word annoys the hell out of me.