When You Cry... They Win. Stop.

Options

Replies

• Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I know you are very right on this. My situation is a little different in that I am recently divorced from a man I still very much love. He still plays with my emotions via text messages and phone calls. He knows it hurts me. You are right that I give him power in my tears and hurt. He seems to find some kind of sick joy in it. He texts me that he still fantasizes about me and then turns around and tells me about a date he had and the details. Just all very sad. Thanks for the post.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    very like!!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I know you are very right on this. My situation is a little different in that I am recently divorced from a man I still very much love. He still plays with my emotions via text messages and phone calls. He knows it hurts me. You are right that I give him power in my tears and hurt. He seems to find some kind of sick joy in it. He texts me that he still fantasizes about me and then turns around and tells me about a date he had and the details. Just all very sad. Thanks for the post.
    Block his number. Problem solved.

Take away his power over you. You're divorcing him for a reason.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

GIRL!!! You have got to stop accepting and responding to the text messages. AND refuse to listen to conversation that has anything to do with something other than divorce related topics. Yes, its hard to do, I've been there myself. Set your boundaries, and keep them!! Good luck to you!!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!

No one has the power to make you feel inferior unless you give it to them.

Or... if you pay them by the hour while they wear a leather bustier and spank you with a ping-pong paddle.

Would you log that activity as cardio? I'm um... asking for a friend...

Cardio equal to tennis for the spanker, none for the spankee sadly :) Plus, nothing like working out in leather to make you sweat out whatever water you might me retaining ... sadly the weightloss is only temporary. Chasing someone around the room in 4" heels is also great for your calves.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!

Or... if you pay them by the hour while they wear a leather bustier and spank you with a ping-pong paddle.

Cardio equal to tennis for the spanker, none for the spankee sadly :) Plus, nothing like working out in leather to make you sweat out whatever water you might me retaining ... sadly the weightloss is only temporary. Chasing someone around the room in 4" heels is also great for your calves.

... you've given this some serious thought RESPECT !
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    GC. I'd like to buy you a beer or twenty for this. Butthurtness is a one-way ticket to depression and a ****ty life.
    How do you shush the inner fat girl from the insults? Seriously, she insulted me yesterday when I was clothes shopping for the beach and I left the store in tears!

Negative self-talk is a bad habit that you can train yourself into, or out of. Treat your inner voice just like any other person who would say the same thing. So when your inner fattie starts snarking on you, say out loud "Shut the **** up" a few times.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Gotta keep this in mind for those low days. Preach iiit. :)
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    LOVE IT!

You had me at "spanker."
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    love this.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    GC. I'd like to buy you a beer or twenty for this. Butthurtness is a one-way ticket to depression and a ****ty life.
    How do you shush the inner fat girl from the insults? Seriously, she insulted me yesterday when I was clothes shopping for the beach and I left the store in tears!

Negative self-talk is a bad habit that you can train yourself into, or out of. Treat your inner voice just like any other person who would say the same thing. So when your inner fattie starts snarking on you, say out loud "Shut the **** up" a few times.

AMEN!!
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options

I don't drink, but reading the screen name "Saxmaniac' was thanks enough. Clever people rule.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!

You might be onto something with leather workout gear.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

AMEN!!

DITTO

... just don't do what I used too and give her chocolate :smile:
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the good guys wear black. And swear a little.

^^ Love this.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Nice post! And, since this was the first post I read this morning, I'm thinking it should make for an interesting day.
  • jolarocknrolla
    Options
    LOVE IT!

You might be onto something with leather workout gear.

Does anybody remember Chyna, the female WWF wrestler? she had a workout DVD a few years ago where she did a lot of weights and a bit of cardio in leather shorts, it was called something like "Chyna, more than meets the eye" ... i'm not so sure it's a marketable idea, I do not recommend sweating in leather workout gear ;p YUCK.

I prefer latex for easy cleanup. (just kidding, lol, TEASING y'all)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the truth! With my nature, I find it terribly hard to break down and cry and let people know they've hurt my feelings. I consider the source and not allow them the satisfaction of knowing they got to me!

Haters will hate. It's like having a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!
    Thanks again!
  • jolarocknrolla
    Options
    Sometimes the good guys wear black. And swear a little.

Anybody else humming the Minor Threat song now? "sometimes good guys don't wear white"

::suddenly feels old::