When You Cry... They Win. Stop.

Options

Replies

• Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The goal is for you to HAVE emotions, not let them have YOU.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    When you're the "victim," you make them the "victor."

My favorite part!
  • Lucie_L00
    Lucie_L00 Posts: 53
    Options

My favorite part!
    OUUUUuuuuuu i like that one!!!!
  • athminbri
    athminbri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to try to please everyone. Then, stuff like this would happen and upset me so much. Someone finally told me "it is none of my business what you think of me." I have loved that quote ever since. It is true! If someone has a problem with me, it is THEIR problem.

Connie
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Years ago I was one of those people ......... now I just say "eat **** & die" ...... if you don't like me, that sucks for you .....

(And I have a whole new relationship with my husband these days LOL)

Thank you, OP !
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

IT'S ON LIKE ZAXXON! (For you tween larvae born after Regan, Zaxxon is a video game.)
    [/quote

:frown: you lost me at "video game"

It doesn't matter. I'm not really sure what the phrase actually means.

phew don't have to add this to "things I don't get"
    [/quote]

Would it make you feel better to know, I didn't get it either? LOL
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options

My favorite part!

This!
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Y'know, I wanted to pick this apart and hate it, but I can't.

It's all true, and a lesson it took me forever to learn. But there is nothing quite as satisfying as watching someone try and get at you because you aren't responding to their attacks anymore. Eventually they get baffled and wander away with their own self-esteem issue because they suddenly feel weak and powerless.

Well, that, and no one can quite attack me like my own inner *****kitty, so what people say about me and to me matters less and less after having to listen to the raging c--t inside.

I might send this to a few folks I know who wave the "perpetual victim" banner high and proud.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

IT'S ON LIKE ZAXXON! (For you tween larvae born after Regan, Zaxxon is a video game.)
    [/quote

[/quote]

Yes I like to feel like I'm not alone :wink:
  • garnetsms
    Options

[/quote

[/quote]

Good, me too! BTW...I love your profile picture!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog yesterday about the damage I've allowed others to do to me with their words over the past 35+ years and how I am finally coming to the realization that I'd given them too much power. There comes a time when you have to stop giving others the power to ruin your moment, your day, or your future.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

[/quote

Good, me too! BTW...I love your profile picture!
    [/quote]

Gee thanks :flowerforyou:
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options

My favorite part!

Thanks. I'll forgive you for holding a Beretta in that picture. Real marksmen use Glock. ;)
  • gchutson
    Options
    I posted a blog yesterday about the damage I've allowed others to do to me with their words over the past 35+ years and how I am finally coming to the realization that I'd given them too much power. There comes a time when you have to stop giving others the power to ruin your moment, your day, or your future.

Well done.
  • gchutson
    Options
    great post. I think it's unrealistic to think that we can be devoid of emotion at all times, and NEVER get hurt by others....BUT...

It is wise to give yourself about 1.4 seconds to feel that...you know...aknowldedge your feelings and such...then promptly move into "I don't give a ****" territory.

I never said "devoid of emotion." I'm teaching people to not let it control them.

Good morning btw...

good morning back. It's a happy perky rainbow day! I remember reading a post about people (aka 99% women) being terrified to wear a bathing suit...and the ensuing discussion about the best bathing suit to hide..well..pretty much everything except ankles. It was alarming to me that the opinions of others..and what they might think of the fat girl at the beach terrified people into A. buying ugly *kitten* swimsuits and B. not enjoying the beach/pool. Very sad.

Tyra Banks said it well "kiss my fat *kitten*".

Ok... we don't listen to anything that Tyra Banks says ever, for any reason, ever.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    ^^^Isn't that the truth, or Oprah for that matter

Sho3girl, you are welcome
  • gchutson
    Options

Don't you kinda wonder what Sho3girl is looking at in that picture. That could be it's own string.
  • garnetsms
    Options

Don't you kinda wonder what Sho3girl is looking at in that picture. That could be it's own string.

Yes!! What is it you are looking at girly?
  • MDG8025
    MDG8025 Posts: 4
    Options
    I sincerely wanted to hate this...but you're absolutely correct. I was bullied as a kid, made fun of growing up, and I finally had to get it into my head that these people are just mean and have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives than make others feel bad...because honestly, mean people do suck.

I think I'm going to start carrying plastic spoons around and toss them to anyone who has something rude to say...so they can eat my *kitten*! :bigsmile: HAPPY FRIDAY!