Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!!! WHAAAAAAAAA
  • JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This!!! Who knew it was 400 calories a serving! Also Poptarts (my husband loves them) again 400 calories!

There's marketing for you. Poptarts are advertized as a convenient, happy-making breakfast for kids. They dance, they sing, they lvoe their mommy. No wonder, she served them dessert for breakfast. Why not just give them some chocolate cake?

I had no idea they still sold those...who gives that stuff to children?

LOL! I admit I actually gave each of my kids a pop-tart today as a treat packed for school. I hardly ever buy them, but I did recently and my girls love them. It's just an occasional thing, though. When they are gone, I won't be running out and buying more. And my girls eat a wide variety of healthy food as well as their 'junk'. I guess that's how I rationalize it.
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chibatta bread! I will never have a sanswhich on it again. Also beer, and it breaks my heart :sad:
  • cookadook
    cookadook Posts: 41
    Options
    One tablespoon of Peanut Butter on a PB&J sandwich is not realistic!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds dumb but I never realized a caramel apple would have 300 calories. I figured "it's mostly apple, right?" Nope. All that caramel adds up. I'm still looking forward to Fall though... ;)
  • AmyOwl73
    AmyOwl73 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The Java Chiller from Sonic!
    530 calories for a 14oz with mocha and whipped cream..
    I stupidly thought - = the ice cream is cut with espresso, so that would make it a little better than a shake... right?

WRONG! I used to get one of those every other day... Now I get the mini size, no whip (350 cals) about once a month.. :'(
  • staceycondra
    Options
    yeah things add up quicky! I bet that sourdough bread put you way up there the most.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not that I ever thought Pop Tarts were "good" for you, but I didn't realize that one tart is one serving.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I could eat my weight in peanut butter! LOVE IT!
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options

you can buy healthier peanut butter. still high in fat content but its healthier fat. (with flax seeds in it and other healthy sounding ingredients lmao) i buy naturally more but i know there are peanut butters out there that are healthier than that. just costly.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Tortillas. Damn things are like 200 calories each! Now I use an 80 calorie whole grain version, but STILL! 80 calories!

!!!!!!

What brand is that? love tortillas!
  • Beaneroo
    Beaneroo Posts: 9
    Options
    I used to think I was making a "healthier" choice with Wendy's Baja Salad...even without the Chili it's frightening!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wing sauce - sodium is off the charts.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Anything from Baja Fresh mexican restaurants. They advertise fresh ingredients, grilled meats and zero trans-fats. I mistook that for "healthy". How do you get 30 gms of fat into a chicken breast when it's grilled with no trans-fats?
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So sad to see how high buffalo wings are..... :cry: Love, love, love them!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Peanuts in general. LOVED to crack open a bottle and just eat them. I know they are a good alternative to some meats...but 160 Cal for a 1/4 a cup! I would eat half a jar if i was really snacking...then the Mt. Dew to wash down all the salt....ugh... Now that i look at the labels i am shocked about some of the portion sizes.
  • joycedipoce
    joycedipoce Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chicken Wings from Jack Astor's!!! I thought that I only had 3 of them and it was still 1200 cals. I also ordered a loaded baked potato and that was only 460 cals and I shared it but it totally filled me up. Next time I will eat the loaded baked potato and skip the chicken wings. I was so surprised the that the loaded baked potato was so little and I also ordered a side Cesar salad and that was another huge amount of calories.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Tuscan wings from Bertuccis... I knew they were 500+ calories for 8 wings, but I didn't realize just how much fat they had in them. (I was going to have them for lunch today, actually, but nope...) They're also pretty salty, so that's another reason to let them go.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Cheese. 100-150 calories for an ounce! Holy crap, if you had cheese and crackers.

Crackers and just about any bread.

Margaritas! 500 calories WHAT?!?
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options

you can buy healthier peanut butter. still high in fat content but its healthier fat. (with flax seeds in it and other healthy sounding ingredients lmao) i buy naturally more but i know there are peanut butters out there that are healthier than that. just costly.

Try almond butter... yes, high in fat, but overall better for you than peanut butter.