Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    pumpkin seeds!!

140 cals for 1/4 cup!

And i dont even really like them, but when you roast them after pumpkin carving you end up trying a few and next thing ya know.....
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Almost everything I used to eat.
  • jgmom2
    jgmom2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    watermelon, trail mix
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A burger from Applebee's that was wrapped in tortilla instead of a bun. It had more calories than a regular burger! :noway: :sad:
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I think orange juice, cheese, and avocado hit me the hardest as I loved those items and they were all super high in calories which I didn't think would happen.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    One tablespoon of Peanut Butter on a PB&J sandwich is not realistic!!

you can buy healthier peanut butter. still high in fat content but its healthier fat. (with flax seeds in it and other healthy sounding ingredients lmao) i buy naturally more but i know there are peanut butters out there that are healthier than that. just costly.

Try almond butter... yes, high in fat, but overall better for you than peanut butter.

i didnt like the almond butter i tried. i drink almond milk but the almond butter wasnt as tasty as peanut butter is. lol!
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That turkey burgers aren't better if you use 93/7 hamburger meat

Any turkey burger at a restaurant!! Horrid!

The green bean appetizer at TGI Fridays :'(
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bubble tea. I realized there would be the sugar aspect to it but I didn't realize that those little tapioca pearls were so high in calories. (400 for a cup of pearls alone) SO I was blindly having these for treats thinking it was better then my other "dessert drinks" I like to have and it rung up at like 450 calories for a small. YIKES.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lunch meat - I never realized how much sodium was in it.
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't think there was any particular food that shocked me, but once I started logging, it was the serving sizes and how much I grossly under-estimated what I'd been eating. I mean, a bowl of cereal with skim milk should be somewhere between 150-200 calories, UNTIL you realize that 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup doesn't actually fill a bowl...so it ends up being closer to 400 or 500 for a stinking bowl of cereal.
    And then you have some sort of get-together and you "limit" yourself to a couple crackers with meat and cheese. But you think about it and it was more like 12 crackers with meat and cheese and you could have eaten half a pizza instead.
    So I guess what I'm saying is: the biggest shocker is how MUCH I was actually eating, not how many calories the foods have.
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Any turkey burger at a restaurant!! Horrid!

OMG, I got a turkey burger from a fast food restaurant once, thinking I was making a "healthy" choice. Turns out, it was worse for me than a burger and tasted like crap! I think it's criminal when they advertise turkey burgers as a healthy alternative to beef. Most of the time, it's a big fat NOT.
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Potatoes!! I can hardly ever eat them now, like if I have bbq the potato has more calories than my steak!

Also pasta. And bananas! 100 calories still isn't much but come on, it's a fruit, give me a break.
  • eimajb18
    eimajb18 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was in utter disbelief when I logged my lentil soup yesterday! (Though healthy, a 12 oz bowl had over 400 cals!)

Also, tortillas and bananas.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i already knew my carbonara was bad but didn't realise it was around 1600 per portion till i logged it :(
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OK JUST LESS THAN 30 MINUTES AGO, I WAS CRAVING PANCAKE AND SAUSAGE FROM MCDONALD! WHY I REALLY DON'T KNOW PROBABLY RUSHING OUT OF THE HOUSE TO TAKE THE KIDS TO SCHOOL, NO BREAKFAST, NO PROTEIN SHAKE. SO I FIGURE I CAN'T BE SO BAD!!

IT WAS 520 CALS, 52 CARBS I THINK, AND THE FAT WAS THE KICKER 210 GRAMS, AND SODIUM 930- NEVER AGAIN, NOT EVEN TO MY KID!!!

I GUESS I'M REALLY GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE THAT 6PM ZUMBA CLASS TONITE AFTER ALL!!! BAD FRIDAY FOOD WISE SO FAR
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Subway sandwiches. How does a Turkey sub have that much sodium!?!?!?

Hint: It's the bread.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    avocado,,,,,god,,i almost fell off my chair,,haha loggon like a coffee, a bagel and an avocado,,well,,, that shocked me big time,,lol
    am i logging wrong then because a decent sized one is only like 200 calories when i put it in, but that is great considering how good they really are for you and how good it tastes. minimal sodium, carbs, sugars, high in fat but good fat
  • danielled731
    danielled731 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great thread - I had a real eye opener to a lot of things:

- Orange Juice - wow loaded with calories and sugar
    - Cheese - had no idea how many calories were in just one ounce of Cheese
    - Peanut Butter and Nutella - nut based and fairly healthy, but again - I had no idea how many calories were in just one TBSP of these - I used to habitually eat one or two TBSP of these just walking by the kitchen...

I had the same shock to these things!!
  • JulieKetchup
    JulieKetchup Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One tablespoon of Peanut Butter on a PB&J sandwich is not realistic!!

This is why I only have half sized PB & J's, because then 1 tbsp works. I can enjoy the sandwich (on whole wheat) and not break the bank on calories. My husband teases me that it's like a child's sandwich but I don't care!
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    MIcrowave popcorn.

It doesn't help that the nutrition label includes 'unpopped' and 'popped' nutrition info. Who the hell is going to eat that stuff unpopped??

LOL!!!! So true :) I've often wondered why that is on there...although, bottled water has calories and servings listed too!

Have you ever looked at 20oz bottle of diet Mountain Dew? Per serving it has 0 calories, but then there is a little spot where it says there is 10 calories in the whole bottle.

I don't drink it, though, just saw it

I seriously drank at least a two litre of diet pepsi a day & never noticed that.
    I might have to buy a bottle just to see if they do it too, lol.