Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• Lilburt00
    Lilburt00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zucchini muffin from Paradise Bakery... 690 CALORIES! I could have had 7 beers and been happier! with less calories!!:noway:
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A SUBWAY white chocolate macadamia nut cookie!!!! That thing has 223 calories in it!
    Yes! I used to get 2 of those instead of chips with my combo there...ackk!!
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Salmon, its healthy and worth it but I didn't expect 360cals for 6 oz. Its on par with beef?!? Who knew...
  • AmyOwl73
    AmyOwl73 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bananas!!!!

I was shocked too, but I don't mind the calorie count in bananas because I use them to stave off dessert cravings... Better to fill up on 120-130 cals by eating a banana than to have 500-600 cals on a slab of cake... For some reason, bananas work for me. (most of the time...)
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    "Low Fat" salad dressings - the sodium and sugar content knocked me for a loop. I now make all my own!
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Beer. wine, and liquor :(

a Shot has about 100-150 calories! A FREAKIN SHOT
  • simatif
    simatif Posts: 32
    Options
    Great thread - I had a real eye opener to a lot of things:

- Orange Juice - wow loaded with calories and sugar
    - Cheese - had no idea how many calories were in just one ounce of Cheese
    - Peanut Butter and Nutella - nut based and fairly healthy, but again - I had no idea how many calories were in just one TBSP of these - I used to habitually eat one or two TBSP of these just walking by the kitchen...

I KNOW!!! My natural PB says 200 cals for TWO tbsp! WHo knew!
  • amberinmt
    amberinmt Posts: 8
    Options
    milk. It has a lot more sugar in it than i thought it did. :( I'm a dairy junkie so I'm really having trouble cutting back on it.

Someone once told me in line at a bix box club store that you can mix water with CREAM and it tastes just like milk and there's no lactose (sugar) in cream. He was speaking in terms of low carb diet, but I seem to have remebered that for some reason.
  • fatima147
    fatima147 Posts: 85
    Options
    vegetable pastry.... its from greggs and so small but OVER 700 CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... :sad:
  • janiceover
    janiceover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    avocados....you`d think as a vegetable, they would be great....NOPE...quite high in calories!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Rice. I used to think I was being good by eating a nice-sized serving of whole-wheat brown rice, but one serving is MUCH smaller than you would think. Much smarter about it now.

Seconding milk. I can't drink regular milk (had my gallbladder removed a few years back and I cannot have anything greasy or with too much dairy unless I want to feel like I ate razorblades all day) and I stick to unsweetened Silk almond milk, but I never expected it to be that bad for you.

Restaurant salads. They're marketed as "healthy" but they are crazy! I got one a while back knowing ahead of time that it was 1200 calories, but luckily it was huge so it became four separate meals for me.
  • TeenageSwag
    Options
    Mine was mango pulp..thing...
    I added it to my ice cream
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    A large Coke at McDonalds- 410 calories!!! I used to get one of those every chance I could until I gave up sodas. Tortillas and bread too. I'm going to find a healthier bread choice and a better peanut butter. Don't want to give up my healthy foods, but I definitely want to pick the best options out there for me.
  • munny_p
    munny_p Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The tuna sandwich I would get from Dunkin' Donuts on my lunch breaks- SUPER high in calories.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    "Low Fat" salad dressings - the sodium and sugar content knocked me for a loop. I now make all my own!

got any good ones?
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    I saw little gummy butterflies on the counter and assumed they couldn't be thattt bad...then looking it up it's like 110 per 3 little gummies...wtf lol
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    Oh and Tuna at Subway...sooooo shocked how many calories it had..
  • ChelseyDesaray
    ChelseyDesaray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I about died when i saw that Jimmy John's totally tuna on wheat had 744 cals. I was not expecting that either!!! The things you think are lower in calories when you eat out actually aren't! It is crazy!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    anything at Chili's... even the "light" dishes!

Ditto to this!