What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• petite_boleyn
    Options
    Boobs, and embarrassment. I don't want anyone to see me get tired and stop.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I jog a little but I'm mainly trying to work up enough stamina to do it longer.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I :heart: running!
  • myers0machine
    Options
    the hardiest part of running is putting your shoes on and leaving the front door the actually run aint that bad its all a mind game guys i love running like i bike skip box lots of staff but running makes me feel gd and ive actually worked out each to their own i say do wot ever sweat like a pig to look like a fox n all that :) but at the end of the day..it gets dark thats my 2 cents and you can have them for free :)
  • Betrbleave
    Betrbleave Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm self conscious to jog/run at the Y. Its too hot ALL the time to do it outside, night or day :P
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bad knees from years of running in boots in The Marines.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Because it's boring and it hurts. I'd much rather kickbox, cycle, step, or do other various cardio exercises.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Why Jog

when you can:

1241432857_segway_ak.gif

SEGWAY!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I wanted to jog/run...I really did. I even started the C25K and was really loving it...problem is that I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. Two weeks on the program, and I ended up in bed for a week unable to move.

Now I water jog...endurance and cardio without the jarring impact to my sensitive body. It was a total win for me.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Bad knees from years of running in boots in The Marines.

Dittos Except Army, Arthritis changes everything.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I get winded to fast .. but I do enjoy when I would jog for a few seconds with the dog..lol

1 day I want to be able to jog .. my 1st fitness goal is to jog at least once around the track at the park out here (probally will be some time b4 I can though)
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't run or jog because my very brisk walking partner is my husband who has back issues and can't, really messes up his back and causes alot of pain. I will do intervals of walking and run/jog when he's out of town and I exercise alone.
    So if I started running or jogging regularly I'd lose my exercise partner and our time together doing that.
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    sore knees
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    b/c i look dumb running and so much better doing other forms of activity such as the stepmill or texting.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I always get a stitch in my side before I even get tired. I'm sure it's my breathing, or being out of shape, or both. But even in high school when I was 105 pounds soaking wet, I still got a stitch after running for a few yards. Really irritating, because I would love to be a runner. I crave peace for those few minutes away from crazy mommy obligations in the evening.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I adore running!!
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    heel spurs, tight calve hip lower back muscles and painful Achilles tendon.not to mention that i feel like i'm carrying two people on my lower part of my body ( where i carry most of my weight)
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    b/c i look dumb running and so much better doing other forms of activity such as the stepmill or texting.

HAHAHAHA texting
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Because I run.
  • underw64
    underw64 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always get a stitch in my side before I even get tired. I'm sure it's my breathing, or being out of shape, or both. But even in high school when I was 105 pounds soaking wet, I still got a stitch after running for a few yards. Really irritating, because I would love to be a runner. I crave peace for those few minutes away from crazy mommy obligations in the evening.

Exhale on the opposite foot that the stitch is on (i.e., if your stitch is in your left side, exhale when you step on your right foot). Miracle worker.