What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Jogging/running sends my heart rate though the roof. I'm thin, in fairly good shape for a 42 year old, can jump rope for an hour, get through a 60 minute high impact step aerobics class, do spinning, and hard kickboxing with no problem, but for some reason I just can't jog. I've tried C25K numerous times, and I got to where I can do a 5K in 37 and a half minutes, but it was a slow jog and I had to stop and walk once for about a minute. Whenever I run, my heart rate gets up into the 170s after about a mile. My husband thinks I must have a weakness in one of the leg muscles that is used for running or there's something wrong with my form. If I really cared enough, I'd hire a running coach, but I don't. I'll just keep doing my other forms of cardio and lifting weights.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Because I'm lazy, endurance exericise is boring, and its freaking hot in Texas.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Because I'm lazy, endurance exericise is boring, and its freaking hot in Texas.

Endurance exercise for me is boring AND stressful at the same time. I'm with you there!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My knees will dislocate.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    I don't have the attention span to run. I get bored with it very easily.

Oh yeah, and I'm fat.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Because I'm doing weight training. X3

I get up every morning and jog now, its a great way to start my day.
    That plus watching the sun rise as I turn the corner on my right- over this really awesome grassy meadow, its just. Like a painting. So amazing.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Breast Implants, no jogging for 6weeks.

you win
  • lauries3
    lauries3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I don't want to feel the fat go up and down. Plus I dont' want to ruin my knees
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    To many jiggly bits on me!
  • itsme_timd
    itsme_timd Posts: 59
    Options
    I need to lose some more weight before I jog much, slamming 400 lbs onto my joints kills me the next day or two. I do walk and hike a lot and use the heck out of my stationary bike.
  • SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Saying that you'll hurt your knees by running is just an excuse not to run.

I started running after I found out that I have arthritis in my knees. Running strengthens your ligaments which then helps stabilize your joints, resulting in stronger knees. If you find that your joints are bothering you after a run, check your footwear!
    :heart: Thank you!

There are plenty of 50 and overs in my running group who have been running since they were kids and none of them have knee problems (or any other issues).

I'm sorry but.....I'm 49.....after 4 knee surgeries....you're both wrong. I really hate those blanket statements people like to make. It's really insulting.
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio, so i do HIIT to get it over with quicker.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I gave up c5k 3 times last year and made a huge push to finish it recently. within a week of finishing, i ran my first 10k. I am lazy and have the attention/will power of an amoeba. But I run because I am a kenyan..and it is written in our destiny to be runners. this is why we have wings on our heels.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have breasts
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    - Terrible endurance.
    - Flat feet.
    - Bad knees.
    - Lazy.
    - Hate doing exercise for long periods of time (thats why I do HIIT), I get bored unless it is dance or cheerleading.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What's HIIT?
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!

Ditto, though I'm not quite to that size. ~_^
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I have no reasons anymore. I used to be too heavy, but not anymore. No excuses work anymore.
  • tvanorman
    tvanorman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a scared of loose or stray dogs. I have never been bitten (knocking on wood) and hope to keep it that way. I would love to get over that fear I think I would enjoy more outstide activity. So I stick to the elliptical and arc glider for cardio.