Replies

• dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Too much jiggling in the chest region!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My trainer says I'll ruin my knees if I run too much and that running should only be reserved for if someone is trying to kill you. :P
    Bogus. I'd hire a new trainer.
    http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/2012/02/no-running-does-not-ruin-your-knees.html

I run and see no reason or excuse (better word) to not run.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bilateral hip joint replacement. Don't want to develop premature failure of the implants, so I use an elliptical machine and do low impact/high intensity jazzercise. Used to run back in the day, even race-walked a marathon. But that's back then, and delaying replacement surgery is now.
  • Rayw2u
    Rayw2u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Because for years when I was in the Army I started my day doing something I loathed....formation running. Now that I'm not in the Army I don't have to jog or run anywhwere, so I don't. A paralyzed foot kinda makes it tough to do anyway.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    because all my tracksuit bottoms are in the wash, lol

^^ This was me last night! Such an awful cop-out, but I hate running in shorts bc my thighs still (won't for much long *fingers crossed*) rub together. :blushing:
  • evilbatwitch
    evilbatwitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bad knees, bad ankle, and boobs that hit me in the face.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because it hurts at least 4 places on my body, I can't throw cash down on a new pair of fancy shoes and a new sports bra, and I can't afford to sprain my ankle again, since I only have gravel to run on.

That, and I'm afraid of the coyotes laughing at me. ;)

Honestly, it is just really uncomfortable, sometimes downright painful.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    cause i have 40Gs and even doubling up sports bras suckballs -- and i pulled a muscle in my back because of them...funbags my *kitten*...not for ME!

YUP!!!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I don't want to play kick-ball at the same time.:embarassed:
    Also why I don't sit down real quick either :blushing:

*wonders if many people really got what this meant*

You should start wearing a cup BIG homie!

lols

I didn't get it until you reposted it. *doh*

I honestly don't know how you guys get around with those things anyway.

I know...I have been cycling through this thread since my boy posted it...and only like 2 other people caught on what he was trying to imply!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously

Clifs...you should invest in some of these?

I wear these and MMA underwear to keep from playing kickball while running

RunningXL802066.jpg
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I don't want to play kick-ball at the same time.:embarassed:
    Also why I don't sit down real quick either :blushing:

*wonders if many people really got what this meant*

You should start wearing a cup BIG homie!

lols

I didn't get it until you reposted it. *doh*

I honestly don't know how you guys get around with those things anyway.

I know...I have been cycling through this thread since my boy posted it...and only like 2 other people caught on what he was trying to imply!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously

Clifs...you should invest in some of these?

I wear these and MMA underwear to keep from playing kickball while running

RunningXL802066.jpg

I am EXTREMELY appreciative for that mental image, Mercenary :wink:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I used to run. I can't anymore due to my heart condition. I miss it.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I wanted to jog/run...I really did. I even started the C25K and was really loving it...problem is that I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. Two weeks on the program, and I ended up in bed for a week unable to move.

Now I water jog...endurance and cardio without the jarring impact to my sensitive body. It was a total win for me.
    This ^^^^ I have FM and arthritis in my lower back, hips and knees. I haven't tried water anything because there is no warm water pool near me, but I've heard it's great! I am a walker and am working at getting back to power walking (slowly)..

Yes, warm water and access to a steam room has made a huge difference in the pain post-workout. We do have a pool where I live...right now if I use it, I can go a max of about 15 minutes because the water is too cold. By the time July comes around, it should be warm enough to use as long as the sun is out to bask in post-workout.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra has not been designed for anyone over a B cup. You start moving like that and you have 10lbs of boob all over the place! lol

I happen to have an amazing sports bra for my D's. I zumba/run/jump and these puppies don't move.

Same. Champions brand. I run, elliptical, jumping jacks, zumba. Whatever. They're fine. I'm a D....almost over a D but I refuse to buy a bigger bra. Plus lost an inch on those puppies already, but I don't want to go smaller than a D. So small D is just fine......(sorry that was a boob rant)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I speed walk, it burns belly fat better/faster than jogging does.

Plus it's too hot jog.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Also, this thread reminds me of another reason not to run. People who run become like Jehovah's Witnesses: blathering on and on about how their religion is the One True Religion and if you have reservations, it's because you're ungodly. I would not want to become one of these people.

^this...oh my, so much ^this...

Preach it, sister.

Amen.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    because they have cardio equipment in air conditioned gyms..
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!

This, and I have MS so jogging for me is more like a gallop... not fun.:ohwell:
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    because I bike

THIS!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have no arch in my feet and my ankles are collapsed, which throws my knees out of whack, which effects my hips. I also have a minor scoliosis. So, high impact running/jogging= a whole lot of pain and no pleasure what so ever. I can walk really, really fast though. Passed a jogger the other day actually :)
  • TheMadRedhead1979
    Options
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!

Same here lol