What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I run.

I can't wait until I get my pace to a "runners" pace. *sigh*
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!

Holly Hell I do NOT envy you!!!
    because I smoke :sad: :ohwell:

STOP! :) You can do it.
    because I bike

I tried that once.... my bum and pelvic bone(s) hurt for 3 days!!! How do you "bikers" do it?!?!! I mean miles on miles on miles....
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I jiggle.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I speed walk, it burns belly fat better/faster than jogging does.

Plus it's too hot jog.

Eh, I don't think so. But at least you're doing something.

it's never too hot!
  • kathymillard1970
    Options
    too hot plus arthritis in my knees
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Spinal problem.
    Wear a brace on R leg/foot.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My butt cheeks keep get'n stuck on my shoulders....and I have to stop every couple minutes and "Push" em back down :laugh:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Plantar fasciitis

Would love to jog but if I do then getting out of bed in the morning is like daggers in my feet!
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I always get a stitch in my side before I even get tired. I'm sure it's my breathing, or being out of shape, or both. But even in high school when I was 105 pounds soaking wet, I still got a stitch after running for a few yards. Really irritating, because I would love to be a runner. I crave peace for those few minutes away from crazy mommy obligations in the evening.

Exhale on the opposite foot that the stitch is on (i.e., if your stitch is in your left side, exhale when you step on your right foot). Miracle worker.

Wow, never heard that before. I will try it, next time "Stitch" decides to pay me a visit. My daughter (who is a personal trainer) taught me to inhale 1-2-3 and exhale 1-2 (in pace with your step) which help you to oxygenate well. That helped me ALOT! I can run a little now (.20 of a mile in a jog) but too much weight and shin splints, and Plantar fasciitis are my nemesis (which will all improve with weightloss). Working on it though. Plan to do a 5k again in the near future (before the end of the year).
    10777536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    because I bike

This- and because I hate running
  • Sheilav330
    Sheilav330 Posts: 57
    Options
    Irregular heartbeat i try to jog for few minutes at a time then i walk fast depends how im feeling
  • kuhayetee
    kuhayetee Posts: 41
    Options
    because jogging is too slow,
    i run.
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!

I do as well, and rather than not jog, I got a great, supportive running bra. It's called the Shock Absorber. I believe the style I have is the Active Multi Sports bra, but they have the Ultimate Run Bra as well. These styles both have double clasps and the best support for the busty I've ever experienced. I've also heard that Underamour is a good brand for very supportive sports bras.

Boobs are no excuse! If you want to run, then run!
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Plantar fasciitis

Would love to jog but if I do then getting out of bed in the morning is like daggers in my feet!
    My dad used to be a big runner. Then plantar fascitis sidelined him. He has started going on hour long power walks and there is no more pain. Said he's going to try running again......we'll see.

Hope everything goes well for you! :smile:
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Gosh...if I would jog I don´t know how I would be...I can fall flat on my face while walking.
    Well being almost blind makes me not want to jog but I power walk/walk as fast as I can and where I feel save and know the route :)
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Because my back fat giggles.

I need new shoes.

I am wishing I would get going tho :)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i dont live in the best neighborhood at all....
    madisonn, the place where your car can get broken into while someone attempts to sell you drugs.
  • rowerdc
    rowerdc Posts: 36
    Options
    My hips -- I tried two weeks ago, and after less than 2 miles, my hip was TOAST... still hurts.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    because I smoke :sad: :ohwell:

I smoke, too. & I'm doing a 5K race next month. It's great motivation because I know I'm going to end up quitting smoking so that I can increase my running abilities. Because it definitely holds ya back!
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I can't handle any impact exercise. I have a couple of bad discs in my thoracic spine and several in my neck. Also I have polyneuropathy along with a dislocated sacoiliac (SI) joint in my left hip. I'm an old black belt so I think maybe I did too much martial arts training when I was younger (I guess).. So these days I walk rather slowly with a cane. Swimming is great when I can find the time though, as is gardening.
  • rowerdc
    rowerdc Posts: 36
    Options
    Check out the bras at Bounce/Title Nine.... you will find something that will work (I'm a DD/E).