What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!
    Not to mention the two black eyes that result from jogging.

And bloody nose and fat lip!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I pee when I jog. Thanks kids.

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!

It does go away though. I am proud to say I no longer piss my pants.

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile and not piss my pants like an old lady first. D:

haha it depends on how u care for your body while pregnant if you get fat again. and ruin ur body and all. and kegels and giving birth in a better position than lying on ur back can help with the bladder issues. i had 4 children vaginally and none of them gave me seriously bladder issues. i had worse issues after getting catheterized while my gallbladder was removed lol. oh and my children were 8 lbs 9 lbs and 10 lb babies lmao

*sigh* I wanna be a mom but if I hate my body forever and never feel sexy or attractive again it might not be worth it. Oh well, I'll cross that road when I get there. >.<

It doesn't have to be like that. :)
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    too heavy. *shrugs* don't care how I look doing it, but my knees won't support it yet... give me a bit and they will, they will and then I'll be hard-pressed to stop running....

I used to like running... when I was a kid.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile and not piss my pants like an old lady first. D:

haha it depends on how u care for your body while pregnant if you get fat again. and ruin ur body and all. and kegels and giving birth in a better position than lying on ur back can help with the bladder issues. i had 4 children vaginally and none of them gave me seriously bladder issues. i had worse issues after getting catheterized while my gallbladder was removed lol. oh and my children were 8 lbs 9 lbs and 10 lb babies lmao

*sigh* I wanna be a mom but if I hate my body forever and never feel sexy or attractive again it might not be worth it. Oh well, I'll cross that road when I get there. >.<

just remember that you have to watch what u eat still and keep up working out just lessen what u do some. honestly u could do the same as what u were doing when u get pregnant you just have some guidelines to follow. i was terrible when i got pregnatn. with each kid i gained 50 or so lbs and i never got it off me. (it was all fat) thats why i got so fat and i was lazy. i wont ever maket hat mistake again if i have more children.

Ah, okay. :D
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hate the effing treadmill. I would much rather run outside and feel like I have accomplished something. But when I didn't run, it was because I sucked at it and hated it. Now, I actually look forward to running.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I don't want to play kick-ball at the same time.:embarassed:
    Also why I don't sit down real quick either :blushing:

*wonders if many people really got what this meant*

You should start wearing a cup BIG homie!

lols
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Because no one's chasing me with a weapon...
    Dang lol you beat me too it.

I used to jog/run. never really enjoyed it much. Maybe someday ill get back into it, but for now I need my knee to stop bugging me.
    I figure losing weight and strenght excercises will help.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I don't jog because I run LOL. :happy:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

It doesn't have to be like that. :)

People say that but then you gain the weight and then your husband isn't attracted to you anymore and leaves you for a young thing and never pays child support. I come from a broken home, can't you tell? :laugh: :brokenheart:
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Also, this thread reminds me of another reason not to run. People who run become like Jehovah's Witnesses: blathering on and on about how their religion is the One True Religion and if you have reservations, it's because you're ungodly. I would not want to become one of these people.

Not saying that at all! If you don't like running, then don't! All we're saying is that it's not "bad" for you like a lot of people think. Personally, I wish less people ran. Then I wouldn't have to wait for a treadmill at the gym ;)

^^agreed. Just stating that it isn't all bad and that there are options out there for some of the reasons that have been given as to why people don't run.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My trainer says I'll ruin my knees if I run too much and that running should only be reserved for if someone is trying to kill you. :P
    Bogus. I'd hire a new trainer.
    http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/2012/02/no-running-does-not-ruin-your-knees.html

I run and see no reason or excuse (better word) to not run.

I was running and I liked it but my knees do hurt the next day. I'm probably just too fat to run at this point. I guess I do have a bad knee and I'm only 22. I don't want to make it worse, so I use the elliptical instead. Maybe I can run once I'm skinny so there's not as much weight placed on them. >.<

I started running (slowly) at 245 lbs. 3 years later I've lost 90 lbs (up a few due to an injury that happened during my spring marathon). For some of you with shin/knee/leg/back pain the simple solution may be a proper shoe fitting! That can be easily done at a specially running store.

That's impressive, did you have a trainer or did you do it all on your own, because I'm desperately trying to be a runner, or jogger.
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I ran when I was younger,even did track in school I loved running but also did gymnastics for about 7yrs so my joints took a beating my knees my ankles hips and my back. So I had to stop running due to the pain would love to be able to run again. :)
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    it's too hot outside lol
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I don't want to play kick-ball at the same time.:embarassed:

lols

I didn't get it until you reposted it. *doh*

I honestly don't know how you guys get around with those things anyway.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    two reasons....
    the right one and the left one. .. :noway:
    dont want black eyes :laugh:
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bad feet/arches.... bad knees.... etc. I do walk with my HRM so I stay in the zone.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

lols

I didn't get it until you reposted it. *doh*

I honestly don't know how you guys get around with those things anyway.

I know...I have been cycling through this thread since my boy posted it...and only like 2 other people caught on what he was trying to imply!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    because I smoke :sad: :ohwell:
    I smoke.. (and weigh 250!!) I jog 2 miles at a time. Not easy.. But it shouldn't be. Also a good reason to try and quit!! :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    My trainer says I'll ruin my knees if I run too much and that running should only be reserved for if someone is trying to kill you. :P
    Bogus. I'd hire a new trainer.
    http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/2012/02/no-running-does-not-ruin-your-knees.html

I run and see no reason or excuse (better word) to not run.

I was running and I liked it but my knees do hurt the next day. I'm probably just too fat to run at this point. I guess I do have a bad knee and I'm only 22. I don't want to make it worse, so I use the elliptical instead. Maybe I can run once I'm skinny so there's not as much weight placed on them. >.<

I started running (slowly) at 245 lbs. 3 years later I've lost 90 lbs (up a few due to an injury that happened during my spring marathon). For some of you with shin/knee/leg/back pain the simple solution may be a proper shoe fitting! That can be easily done at a specially running store.

That's impressive, did you have a trainer or did you do it all on your own, because I'm desperately trying to be a runner, or jogger.
    Thanks. All on my own.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I run.

^^this^^