What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Because I run... which i can't do right now... cuz i'm at work.. but wishing i was out running in this beautiful weather..
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    My trainer says I'll ruin my knees if I run too much and that running should only be reserved for if someone is trying to kill you. :P
    Bogus. I'd hire a new trainer.
    http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/2012/02/no-running-does-not-ruin-your-knees.html

I run and see no reason or excuse (better word) to not run.

I was running and I liked it but my knees do hurt the next day. I'm probably just too fat to run at this point. I guess I do have a bad knee and I'm only 22. I don't want to make it worse, so I use the elliptical instead. Maybe I can run once I'm skinny so there's not as much weight placed on them. >.<
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    The reason I didn't run/jog was because I was making up excuses not to.. Bad on the knees, not a good runner, etc.

I'm not going to run marathons (or half marathons even) but I actually learned to enjoy it.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My trainer says I'll ruin my knees if I run too much and that running should only be reserved for if someone is trying to kill you. :P

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/28/134861448/put-those-shoes-on-running-wont-kill-your-knees

nope, not true. unless of course you already have knee problems. my knees have gotten better since I started running.

Same, though being unable to run for a few days has left me feeling like crap. We have an 80 year old guy that comes into work every morning and interrupts his coffee breaks by running around town. He probably does 20 miles a day.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Because intervals are more bad *kitten*?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I run.

Word.

I might jog across the street to rent a movie from the RedBox located over there. But if I'm exercising, I'm running.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    it hurts my shins badly but i still do jog a little at a time. i weigh 287 lbs so i have a lot of weight hitting my joints when i jog. but i think that im slowly feeling better afterward (it doesnt hurt as bad when i do it) also i have HUGE boobs and they bounce EVERYWHERE even with my wearing two sports bras. it sucks alot. haha but like i said. i do jog for a minute or two on the treadmill or when im out walkign with the stroller (i dont know what id do if i was alone without either they help support me from tripping over my own two feet.)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/2012/02/no-running-does-not-ruin-your-knees.html

I was running and I liked it but my knees do hurt the next day. I'm probably just too fat to run at this point. I guess I do have a bad knee and I'm only 22. I don't want to make it worse, so I use the elliptical instead. Maybe I can run once I'm skinny so there's not as much weight placed on them. >.<

I started running (slowly) at 245 lbs. 3 years later I've lost 90 lbs (up a few due to an injury that happened during my spring marathon). For some of you with shin/knee/leg/back pain the simple solution may be a proper shoe fitting! That can be easily done at a specially running store.
  • Erisad
    Options

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/28/134861448/put-those-shoes-on-running-wont-kill-your-knees

nope, not true. unless of course you already have knee problems. my knees have gotten better since I started running.

Even when I don't run, if I'm walking on the treadmill, sometimes my knee hurts. So I must have messed it up somehow during all those years of marching band or tripping over my own feet on the black-top (not sure what else to call it, like a road but not where people drive) at recess. :(
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy. The end.

What she said...

That and it's boring and hotter than hell.

^^^^This
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Because I run trails.
  • Erisad
    Options

I started running (slowly) at 245 lbs. 3 years later I've lost 90 lbs (up a few due to an injury that happened during my spring marathon). For some of you with shin/knee/leg/back pain the simple solution may be a proper shoe fitting! That can be easily done at a specially running store.

I don't think I have one of those stores in the area. Must be something the fancy city folks have. Even if we did, I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. I start a new job next week at a warehouse where I'll be on my feet for 10 hours a day. Hopefully my shoes are good enough now. >.<
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I pee when I jog. Thanks kids.

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Because I prefer 'yogging'.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!
    Not to mention the two black eyes that result from jogging.
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    Because it's more fun to rip down a trail on my bike :bigsmile:
  • shanchamber
    Options
    Because every runner/jogger I know has serious knee problems by the time they're 50, no matter how many special shoes they buy or knee braces they wear. The point of exercise is to stay mobile for as long as you can, not to get less mobile.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I don't want to play kick-ball at the same time.:embarassed:
    Also why I don't sit down real quick either :blushing:
    Your excuse is invalid.
  • luvmyharley
    Options
    Running is not the best thing for the girls! Riding a bike is a much better workout and much safer for my back. (and the rest of the old parts...lol)
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I pee when I jog. Thanks kids.

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!

It does go away though. I am proud to say I no longer piss my pants.