What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I pee when I jog. Thanks kids.

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!

lmao i had 4 kids vaginally. i dont pee when i jog. only when i sneeze or cough violently.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Laziness and also boobies.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Because I never get honked at.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I need to get the lungs back under me. I can jog short distances(like when I am about to **** myself).
  • thejulesmarie
    thejulesmarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Saying that you'll hurt your knees by running is just an excuse not to run.

I started running after I found out that I have arthritis in my knees. Running strengthens your ligaments which then helps stabilize your joints, resulting in stronger knees. If you find that your joints are bothering you after a run, check your footwear!
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Because I suck at it and I avoid things I suck at.
  • luvmyharley
    Options
    A good sports bra has not been designed for anyone over a B cup. You start moving like that and you have 10lbs of boob all over the place! lol
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!

It does go away though. I am proud to say I no longer piss my pants.

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile. D:
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra has not been designed for anyone over a B cup. You start moving like that and you have 10lbs of boob all over the place! lol

I happen to have an amazing sports bra for my D's. I zumba/run/jump and these puppies don't move.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    Options

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile and not piss my pants like an old lady first. D:

haha it depends on how u care for your body while pregnant if you get fat again. and ruin ur body and all. and kegels and giving birth in a better position than lying on ur back can help with the bladder issues. i had 4 children vaginally and none of them gave me seriously bladder issues. i had worse issues after getting catheterized while my gallbladder was removed lol. oh and my children were 8 lbs 9 lbs and 10 lb babies lmao
  • kristalael
    kristalael Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will end up with two black eyes from these double D's!! :laugh:
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Saying that you'll hurt your knees by running is just an excuse not to run.

I started running after I found out that I have arthritis in my knees. Running strengthens your ligaments which then helps stabilize your joints, resulting in stronger knees. If you find that your joints are bothering you after a run, check your footwear!
    :heart: Thank you!

There are plenty of 50 and overs in my running group who have been running since they were kids and none of them have knee problems (or any other issues).
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    Options

I happen to have an amazing sports bra for my D's. I zumba/run/jump and these puppies don't move.

theres not a good one for a G cup though. when i was a D or DD yea it worked but now im a G cup, i tried lane bryant and i tried a few other bras but they tear up fast and they dont hold well. im just hoping my boobs shrink as the rest of my body does. i want smaller boobs again!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

My youngest is almost 2. Sadly I still do.

But I also just don't like running. Back when I used to make myself do it to stay in shape for rugby I'd sing "I hate running" in my head for at least the first 20 minutes.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options

Moving Comfort makes excellent running bras for bigger chested girls. Supportive and the girls stay in place.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I prefer cycling.
  • arrich02
    arrich02 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have bad knees, it hurts. I bike :)
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

theres not a good one for a G cup though. when i was a D or DD yea it worked but now im a G cup, i tried lane bryant and i tried a few other bras but they tear up fast and they dont hold well. im just hoping my boobs shrink as the rest of my body does. i want smaller boobs again!!!

This is true. I haven't had to deal with anything bigger than a D, so I wouldn't know about the larger sizes. Trust me, they shrink! It's a slow process, but it happens. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
  • shanchamber
    Options
    Also, this thread reminds me of another reason not to run. People who run become like Jehovah's Witnesses: blathering on and on about how their religion is the One True Religion and if you have reservations, it's because you're ungodly. I would not want to become one of these people.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile. D:

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. (except my last pregnancy I actually was sexy :) And I was very fit)