What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• owaranai14
    Options
    my ballet teacher told me not to because it puts pressure on the knees or something, idk i'm definitely not complaining though!
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Because I hate feeling my *kitten* jiggle and I can barely go a mile.
  • kelseyallen
    Options
    I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and with extended periods of running/jogging my ankles swell up and become severely painful. My knees can too but it only happens occasionally. I can only do short bursts of work like sprints and circuit training. Preferably low impact.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate it with passion. It's mind numblingly boring yet stressful at the same time. Sprinting is better. But I'd rather do burpees. I just hate the idea of moving in that way with such little body movement/muscle activation overall. And I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE long duration endurance activities. Anything you can do for more than a couple of minutes without having to stop and rest I'd rather shoot myself. Give me burpees, give me mountain climbers, make me do power squats til I puke and put me through the meanest nastiest circuit training plan you can come up with but please for the love of god DON'T MAKE ME JOG!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I love it, but I injured my ankle durring a soccer game in highschool(and like an idiot, didn't get medical attention and continued to play on it) and it hurts to put too much pressure on it. I do it every once in a while, but if i do it more than once or twice a week the pain is awful.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    knees cant take much of it....yet...
  • smuckyrun
    smuckyrun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use to jog years ago then gained alot of weight. Im now only jogging 5 minutes a day until i can do morebut it feels great!
  • snsamant
    snsamant Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't like to run just for the sake of running. Give me a sport and I will excel in it.. for me jogging and running on cardio are "Aimless wandering"!! :)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The impact of it really bothers my lower back/hip, I can speed walk forever but jog (or jumping jacks etc.) and i'm done in.
    Eliptical, biking, or swimming for my cardio :)
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I want to run, have tried to get to where I can run for any real length of time. I can make it for one song, but by the end of the song my throat hurts so bad it feels like someone has been scraping razor blades along the inside of it.

I know it is most likely because I am doing something wrong. If anyone can tell me how to run/jog without my throat hurting for the next day or two I would really appreciate it. I want to get to where I can run/jog. I can walk 6+ miles at a good 3.5 MPH pace, but it takes nearly 2 hours, so to get in the 6 miles in less time would be great. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy it.

I get plenty of cardio in other forms of exercise that I enjoy better.

I'm almost 50, kind of hard on my knees.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    because my left calf always tightens up..my big boobs would give me black eyes!:blushing: but i would love to run like i did when i was young!:frown:
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I run.

^^^THIS^^^
  • seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    I have G-cups...jogging hurts my girls!!

Mine aren't that big (D) and it hurts mine. Unfortunately, I have to run, it isn't an option. I still hate it though. Pure laziness and the heat right now, is why I do not run as much as I should. I do try to go couple times a week. They are short runs, but better than nothing!

Do you have any suggestions for a good (not expensive) sports bra?
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Makes me hungry
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My whole body jiggles. And also, my knees hate it. I cycle or elliptical instead.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Bad knee.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees and prefer to power walk instead.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I run.

Hahaha, I love this.
    It's funny, because running has actually taken precedence over my fat loss. It's actually really hard to lose weight while training for a half marathon because I have to eat all the time because I'm hungry. I'm at a healthy weight, so it's not a big deal, but I have some excess fat I'd like to shed. I'll probably focus on that after my half.
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I jog on the spot in my house. I hardly ever jog/run outside much because of the toilet issues (too much water lately xD). But I really want to do a marathon in the future... *-*