So tired of hearing....

Options

Replies

• xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    so wait, the size of someone's butt is now what determines how healthy they are? :huh:

i swear i love lifting and always have but some y'all heavy lifters are jerks about it. no wonder some people are intimidated to venture over into the weight room. some of the healthier than thou attitude i see in this thread is just straight up FOUL

Who ever said that someone's butt size determined health? No one did... So call people jerks when it's deserved, not because you misinterpreted whats been said.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If I posted a picture of an obese women in a bikini and said she was gross and wrong to be happy, Im sure it wouldnt go over well. Body shaming is always wrong, whatever end of the scale you are on.

Actually, ive only made 3 comments, one saying Worry about your own goals, one saying im not lazy or stupid for not choosing to not heavy lift, and this one saying body shaming is wrong. Check the usernames? I do lift weights but I keep the weight low and Ive seen results so far I am happy with.

I havent said anyone is wrong or shouldnt be lifting, did I? I said not everyone aspires to have their maxium muscle mass, we all our own personal ideals. I personally dont aspire to be either of these pictures, although I see nothing wrong with either.

Calm yourself down and check your facts before making accusations about my beliefs :grumble:

She didn't post a picture of someone in terrible shape compared to someone in great shape. The picture was of someone "skinny fat" who is too scared or too lazy to lift heavy and the other girl was someone who obviously makes the effort to put real time in the gym. Plus the picture didn't body shame anyone, it asked you "this" or "this", it's up to you to interpret which one is better, there is no comment on the pic that makes the decision for you. So if you consider it body shaming then you're the one subconsciously negatively judging her, you can't blame the picture for you being judgmental and actually doing the body shaming yourself.
    Im sooooo tired of people thinking everyone needs to lift heavy laugh

Maybe even the amount of muscle you gain from heavy lifting, even if its not body builder status, is too much or unappealing to some.

You didn't say it was wrong or that people shouldn't be lifting heavy, but you said that it's too much and unappealing to people, again with you being judgmental. So basically you're saying to girls that if they do lift heavy weight they will become unappealing according to your opinion.

Soooo much fail on every point you made against me, you're really grasping at straws to recover from your blunder.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    If I posted a picture of an obese women in a bikini and said she was gross and wrong to be happy, Im sure it wouldnt go over well. Body shaming is always wrong, whatever end of the scale you are on.

Actually, ive only made 3 comments, one saying Worry about your own goals, one saying im not lazy or stupid for not choosing to not heavy lift, and this one saying body shaming is wrong. Check the usernames? I do lift weights but I keep the weight low and Ive seen results so far I am happy with.

I havent said anyone is wrong or shouldnt be lifting, did I? I said not everyone aspires to have their maxium muscle mass, we all our own personal ideals. I personally dont aspire to be either of these pictures, although I see nothing wrong with either.

Calm yourself down and check your facts before making accusations about my beliefs :grumble:

She didn't post a picture of someone in terrible shape compared to someone in great shape. The picture was of someone "skinny fat" who is too scared or too lazy to lift heavy and the other girl was someone who obviously makes the effort to put real time in the gym. Plus the picture didn't body shame anyone, it asked you "this" or "this", it's up to you to interpret which one is better, there is no comment on the pic that makes the decision for you. So if you consider it body shaming then you're the one subconsciously negatively judging her, you can't blame the picture for you being judgmental and actually doing the body shaming yourself.
    Im sooooo tired of people thinking everyone needs to lift heavy laugh

Maybe even the amount of muscle you gain from heavy lifting, even if its not body builder status, is too much or unappealing to some.

You didn't say it was wrong or that people shouldn't be lifting heavy, but you said that it's too much and unappealing to people, again with you being judgmental. So basically you're saying to girls that if they do lift heavy weight they will become unappealing according to your opinion.

and girls that dont lift are lazy in yours. Is your name by any chance pot?
  • xTwK
    Options
    Soooo much fail on every point you made against me, you're really grasping at straws to recover from your blunder.

Recover from what blunder? The only thing you have to say now is that peoples posts fail, that's the weakest argument I've ever seen.
  • DieVixen
    Options

Recover from what blunder? The only thing you have to say now is that peoples posts fail, that's the weakest argument I've ever seen.

How about the fact that what you are saying is that its ok to say that girls that dont lift in your opinion are lazy,but its not ok for her to say some may not find that body type appealing. hypocosiy at its finest
  • xTwK
    Options

I don't think that girls who don't lift are lazy. I said they're either too scared or too lazy to do so, there's no excuse or reason for a women to not lift weights. So it's either one of those two options for why a woman wouldn't. I don't make the decision for why a woman doesn't lift weights so how can I make the decision that it's because they're lazy?

Is my name pot? What?!
  • DieVixen
    Options

I don't think that girls who don't lift are lazy. I said they're either too scared or too lazy to do so, there's no excuse or reason for a women to not lift weights. So it's either one of those two options for why a woman wouldn't. I don't make the decision for why a woman doesn't lift weights so how can I make the decision that it's because they're lazy?

Is my name pot? What?!

pot kettel get my drift

you said girls are to lazy or to scared,i have no desire to lift i am neither of them things. she said some may not find that body type appealing how is it diffrent than saying they are scared or lazy?
  • xTwK
    Options
    How about the fact that what you are saying is that its ok to say that girls that dont lift in your opinion are lazy,but its not ok for her to say some may not find that body type appealing. hypocosiy at its finest

I never said that, again, read. I said too scared or too lazy, there is two options there, I don't make that decision and I don't care enough to decide which reason it is for why a woman doesn't lift heavy. So no hypocrisy, you're just bitter because you probably don't lift heavy and you feel the need to defend yourself.
  • DieVixen
    Options

I never said that, again, learn to read. I said too scared or too lazy, there is two options there, I don't make that decision and I don't care enough to decide which reason it is for why a woman doesn't lift heavy. So no hypocrisy, you're just bitter because you probably don't lift heavy and you feel the need to defend yourself.

I dont lift heavy cause i have no desire to,you said scared or lazy you did make that decision. You just ASSumed that the only reason a girl wouldnt lift is that. Maybe you should learn to read,or brush up on your comprehension skills and re read your posts.
  • xTwK
    Options
    pot kettel get my drift

you said girls are to lazy or to scared,i have no desire to lift i am neither of them things. she said some may not find that body type appealing how is it diffrent than saying they are scared or lazy?

So you're saying that you have no desire to be in the best shape you can possibly be in, glad we understand that now.

Who doesn't think a fit woman is appealing? No honestly, who? So what she said first of all is nonsense, people find others unappealing for various reasons but I've never heard of a guy complain because a women is fit and in great shape. The point was that it's ridiculous to tell girls that being healthy and lifting heavy weights will be unappealing if they do so. You just want to make it more than it is.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't care whether or not someone lifts, or lifts heavy, or light, or anything else. I don't care whether it's because you don't like the activity, are happy with your results not lifting, or even if you are intimidated or just plain lazy. I... don't... care. What you do to yourself is your business and your business only.

I do care if people are spreading misinformation to others. And the number of women who start topics saying, "I want to tone up, but not get bulky..." shows that the misinformation is being spread far and wide. When it's spread, I'm going to correct it. When others tout the benefits of lifting, I'm going to join them and share my experience.
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I think what most women don't understand is that they feel bulky b/c there is a layer of fat on top of their muscle. If they just stick with lifting and doing some cardio that layer of fat will go away much quicker than cardio alone.
    And it's intimidating at first to be around all these buff people when you stand out like a sore thumb because you don't have a freaking clue what your doing.

Thank makes me feel inspired. I work out everyday and I can feel the muscle but it's the fat over it that's irritating me right now. I just have to remember to keep up with it and it wll come off.
  • xTwK
    Options
    I dont lift heavy cause i have no desire to,you said scared or lazy you did make that decision. You just ASSumed that the only reason a girl wouldnt lift is that. Maybe you should learn to read,or brush up on your comprehension skills and re read your posts.

LOLOLOLOL. That's a great comeback trying to tell me to "brush up" on my comprehension skills after I already told you to learn how to read. Can't come up with something new to say so you just decide to copy me? Hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    LMAO, people in the forums have to be half retarded. I NEVER body shamed anyone. One person said there was no point to lift if you are a woman because someone else posted that women can only gain 5 lbs of muscle in a year. All I did was post a picture of what lifting does. I was not being a jerk. I was proving a point that there is a point to lift.

I also think its pretty offensive to accuse someone of body shaming. If you took any time to know me instead of offering snap judgments, you would know I used to suffer from bulimia/anorexia and ended up underweight AND before that, at one time, I was morbidly obese. So before you go running your mouth, maybe you should get the facts. I would never shame anyone for their body. I was just providing an illustration of what lifting does, since someone said there was no point to lift heavy.

I am entitled to my own opinion, and since recovering from having ED, I have chosen to be healthy. Being healthy isn't doing hours and hours of cardio. Sure, that will help your overall cardiovascular health, but its only half of the big picture. Being healthy is being able to do strength training. Women start losing muscle mass in their 30's, I don't want to be some frail *kitten* old lady because all I did was commit to cardio. I want to be able to do things most older people can only dream of when I hit that age. Strength training not only benefits your muscles, it also helps with bone density, which women also start losing as they get older.

Sorry if my post offended you... wait, no I am not, because I am not here to promote unhealthy things, and YOU made a snap judgment that was highly inaccurate. I am here to promote things that have been PROVEN to benefit health. And if getting a hella-great *kitten* in the process is part of it, all the better. I am sick of people like you that say "one person's goals may not be yours," well good for them! BUT, I am still entitled to my opinion on the matter. For you to try to tell me that I am body shaming is just ridiculous. Sorry that being healthy offends you. Really.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I would like for women to stop telling NONFRIENDS to lift heavy.

Three reasons.

My weight room does not need more women, I prefer it as empty as possible.
    I would like to be old and fit and rare - not have a bunch of old and fit competition.
    If all women were willing to get a squat booty, what would make a squat booty special?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    agreed!
  • DieVixen
    Options
    pot kettel get my drift

So you're saying that you have no desire to be in the best shape you can possibly be in, glad we understand that now.

Who doesn't think a fit woman is appealing? No honestly, who? So what she said first of all is nonsense, people find others unappealing for various reasons but I've never heard of a guy complain because a women is fit and in great shape. The point was that it's ridiculous to tell girls that being healthy and lifting heavy weights will be unappealing if they do so. You just want to make it more than it is.

well considering that i dont do anything i do worried about what "guys" find appealing thats off the list. She never said women would be un appealing if they lift weights she said " some may not find that type appealing which is why they dont" And no not every guy on the face of the earth thinks Jamie Eason is hot or that body type is hot, I know plenty who dont. But once again im not so insecure that i base my body goals on what guys might like. You are the one who made more of what she said than was there. im very healthy,im very strong,i flex my leg and see suprise suprise muscle. Ive never had a broken bone,my heart is strong and healthy,and i do not lift heavy unless you count my work. i have no issues lifting heavy objects and more often than nnot run circles around the one girl that does lift at my work. I am not to scared or lazy to go to the other side of the gym I just dont care too
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I would like for women to stop telling NONFRIENDS to lift heavy.

Three reasons.

My weight room does not need more women, I prefer it as empty as possible.
    I would like to be old and fit and rare - not have a bunch of old and fit competition.
    If all women were willing to get a squat booty, what would make a squat booty special?

Oh, crap.

Pink dumbbells for EVERYONE!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    pot kettel get my drift

well considering that i dont do anything i do worried about what "guys" find appealing thats off the list. She never said women would be un appealing if they lift weights she said " some may not find that type appealing which is why they dont" And no not every guy on the face of the earth thinks Jamie Eason is hot or that body type is hot, I know plenty who dont. But once again im not so insecure that i base my body goals on what guys might like. You are the one who made more of what she said than was there. im very healthy,im very strong,i flex my leg and see suprise suprise muscle. Ive never had a broken bone,my heart is strong and healthy,and i do not lift heavy unless you count my work. i have no issues lifting heavy objects and more often than nnot run circles around the one girl that does lift at my work. I am not to scared or lazy to go to the other side of the gym I just dont care too
    So you do lift heavy, you just don't do it at the gym. So what are you arguing against?
  • DieVixen
    Options

LOLOLOLOL. That's a great comeback trying to tell me to "brush up" on my comprehension skills after I already told you to learn how to read. Can't come up with something new to say so you just decide to copy me? Hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I see you dont know how to debate without personal attacks... that much is obvious but its ok im sure you will get some skills sooner or latter. BTW I see you didnt address the point I made just slipped into a neener neener neener attitude. Im sorry if my pointing out the fact that you were doing the same thing you were jumping all over her for made you feel insecure