Opinions on just wearing a sports bra to the gym?

Options
Okay, so I've been hitting the gym a lot lately, and near the end of my intervals on the treadmill (which I will be increasing soon from 40 minutes to 45 and up from there) I am sooo hot! It's really tempting to just pull my shirt off and run in my sports bra. I just want to know what everyone thinks about girls working out in just a sports bra and shorts at the gym before I actually attempt to do it.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I doesn't bother me. But, not much does.

Except not wiping off the machines. That's nasty.

Oh, and too much perfume.

And using a cell phone....okay, there's more. . . but the sports bra is not one of them. :wink:
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I personally never wear sports bras to the gym. They make me look fat.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Do it! And, don't worry about other people's opinions. (Besides this one, of course :wink:).
  • Caleysia
    Caleysia Posts: 23
    Options
    Why not I would not mind. But if you are not comfortable in doing it try getting singlet shirts from sports shirts that are designed to keep sweat off you and have 'vents' in them to let air in.
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    I don't have a problem with girls that wear sports bras, but make sure you pair it with shorts that FIT. I don't want to see anyone's muffin top and I also hate when girls pair sports bras with the tiniest shorts. This is a gym, not a strip club.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your gym allow it.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    How fast will you be running? Remember to warm up with jumping jacks.
  • dropitquick
    Options
    I do intervals, so I warm up for 5 min at 3 mph, then do 1 min. at 6, 1 min. at 3, 1 min. at 6, 1 min. at 3, working my way up to 9 mph and then back down to 6 mph doing 2 interval periods at each speed. After I'm done, I cool down for 5 minutes at 3 mph. I'm going to start adding more 9 mph intervals and work my way up to 10 or 11ish (maybe faster, I'm not sure yet) to get my speed up for college softball.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't break the rules of your gym (so you're not banned) do whatever makes you comfortable. However, doing this, and then complaining about the guys looking at you should get you slapped. =]
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    If it doesn't break the rules of your gym (so you're not banned) do whatever makes you comfortable. However, doing this, and then complaining about the guys looking at you should get you slapped. =]

Dude. No.
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options

Whoa now. I think violence against women is certainly NOT the answer, but I understand your sentiment. Girls can't just wear provocative clothing and then complain that they're getting checked out. I'd sure as hell be checking out shirtless guys at the gym, haha.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Haha- nice:)
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    add pants/shorts to that equation and you're good to go! :-)
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    it doesn't bother me to see others doing it, but i personally do not.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

LOL funny :smile:
  • mfoutch86
    mfoutch86 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm all about brutal honestly, and I would say wearing just a sports bra at the gym is fine, IF you have the figure for it. I know I don't have the figure for it yet, so I keep my shirt on. Do you have the body for it?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    As long as it's a meant-to-be-seen kind of sports bra, and not an undergarment kind of sports bra. There's a difference.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    As long as you're comfortable, go for it! Sometimes that extra cooling off really helps you get in a great push to finish your run, like dumping cold water on your head. I've done the same thing because my shirt was just getting in the way too much. My belly jiggle wasn't exactly appealing, but I didn't care. I ran faster and harder and didn't give a rats *kitten* who gawked.

Edit to add: I also felt comfortable since my bra is freaking amazing. It's an Under Armour one designed for compression. It's like not having boobs when I run, AMAZING!!!!!!!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I personally never wear sports bras to the gym. They make me look fat.

LMAO :laugh: :laugh:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    It's gym wear... I would say go for it if you're comfortable enough to wear only the bra. Me, I would never do it.I'd rather wear a functional bra and a cute top.