Opinions on just wearing a sports bra to the gym?

Options

Replies

• Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't break the rules of your gym (so you're not banned) do whatever makes you comfortable. However, doing this, and then complaining about the guys looking at you should get you slapped. =]

This!!!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'd do it if I had the body for it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    We've created some sort of whirlygig of time/space. All these really old threads are popping up :huh:

Except it was OP who resurrected it...and as if seven months had not passed.

Mind. Blown.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    We've created some sort of whirlygig of time/space. All these really old threads are popping up :huh:

Except it was OP who resurrected it...and as if seven months had not passed.

Mind. Blown.

No, it was not the OP.....I checked...maybe the problem is I feel a need to post on EVERY thread, so they all come back around eventually.
  • schlagers
    Options
    The only problem I see with it is if your gym has dress code rules. At my gym you gotta wear shirts, but not sure how sports bras fit into that....would be something worth looking into.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure your gym allows it.
    2. Make sure it fits right and provides support.
    3. Be prepared to be stared at by both men and women.

Never saw anyone at my gym do it. But I really don't care what you wear.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    If you wear just a sports bra, please triple-wipe any gym equipment that requires sitting.
    Don't know about others, but I generally don't sit with the part of my body requiring a sports bra.
  • determined136
    Options
    :bigsmile: Do it!

I do and it makes all the different in the world! Don't worry what anyone says and kill that workout!!!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    SLUT.

Just kidding. I don't care. But I will give you evil looks out of body envy and your confidence level.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I really want to but I'm probably not going to. I had many people over my life tell me to cover my tummy because I'm just asking for men to be tempted. Not that I ever cared what they said, but something stuck. And I don't know if I could handle someone working there telling me that I can't.

But if I'm at home and my dad is not here, then certainly I will. It's so much more fun because over time i can feel my stomach getting tighter better.
    This poster revived this thread long dead.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    How fast will you be running? Remember to warm up with jumping jacks.

:laugh: You're a bad person!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    OK, so it is an old thread, but here goes...

While I do have some impressive man-boobs, I really don't think the whole sports bra thing is for me. But to each his (or in this case, her) own...

:bigsmile:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I didn't care 7 mos. ago... still don't.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Depends if you want to get perved at or not? let's not lie, that's what will happen. You run in just a sports bra and your over a B cup people will stare at your ta-ta's. You know it, we know it, if your boobieez are a bouncing the men will be staring!!

I think you are underestimating the bust cup threshold for staring. I think its at B and above.
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you had to ask...you probably shouldn't. And...bras are undergarments. Even though it is a SPORTS bra...still a bra meant to be worn under something.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Here's my honest opinion on the matter. Some people may not like this.....but I don't think it is appropriate to do if you are over, say, 25% body fat. I say this because the gelatin like jiggle of too much fat as someone is running with no shirt is quite repulsive to me. I would never have subjected anyone to that when I was over 25% fat (I used to be 34.5% fat). I woul dleave that gym if I saw it.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    myabe it will bother some of the older people, but it wouldnt bother me
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you have the body for it, I don't care. More power to ya.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    depends upon where you live and the customs. if you're in arizona or parts of cali, probably no biggie. If you're in the middle of guy-ville usa, just sweat and suck it up.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Check your gym's dress code or they might kick you out for being under dressed.