Opinions on just wearing a sports bra to the gym?

Options

Replies

• Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    bras are meant to be worn under a shirt not as a shirt- I guess I would find a light tshirt that would breathe or get a sports shirt that has the breathability asset...also I usually choose the equipment that is close to the fans...but then on the other hand ...we are there to sweat :)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable with it I don't see why it should be a problem. Personally, its a goal of mine to be confident enough to workout in just a sports bra and shorts. I tried it once coming back from a run in the summer but I put my vest back on after 5 min.
    There are loads of girls of varying shapes and sizes who workout in sports bras or cropped tops and the guys don't bat an eyelid - they're too busy checking out their own reflections!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Sports bras are definitely modest enough for that, and you will be motivating the guys to keep on keeping on! Think about it, you are covering more with a sports bra than with a bikini top. I think it is the sexiest thing a girl can wear, so I am biased...
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    As long as your hoo-has are covered and your shorts are not booty shorts sure...and IMO I'd only do it if your belly won't jiggle when ya run...
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. I dont go to the gym anymore as I have bought a lot of gym equipment and work out at home now. All I wear is workout pants and a sports bra at home though.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If you wear just a sports bra, please triple-wipe any gym equipment that requires sitting.

This. OMG.

Personally, I feel that if you don't have the body for it, don't do it.

Also, make sure your arm pits are shaved lol.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with it. I would love to when I am doing a hard TM workout but my gym does not allow it.
  • CoyoteLill
    Options
    Reading this thread crystalizes EXACTLY why I won't join a gym. I'm doing this to get healthy. I'm 50 years old and my body looks like it. The last thing I need is to pay to work out someplace where people will be whispering and snickering and judging because I don't already have the body I'm aiming for, or because I do not live up to their grooming or aesthetic standards.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    First would be to check it's allowed at your gym, some have dress code rules. Second, they make lots of wicking tech shirts that will allow sweat to evaporate so you really don't need to strip down unless you're going for the stares from the guys.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread crystalizes EXACTLY why I won't join a gym. I'm doing this to get healthy. I'm 50 years old and my body looks like it. The last thing I need is to pay to work out someplace where people will be whispering and snickering and judging because I don't already have the body I'm aiming for, or because I do not live up to their grooming or aesthetic standards.

Never have I felt like I noticed anything like this in a gym
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Depends if you want to get perved at or not? let's not lie, that's what will happen. You run in just a sports bra and your over a B cup people will stare at your ta-ta's. You know it, we know it, if your boobieez are a bouncing the men will be staring!!
  • baconsBACK
    Options
    agreed!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    saw a girl at the gym today wearing a sports bra... and you could see the straps of her regular bra coming up around it. on op of that she had some loose fitting paula abdul-style sweat shirt.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me, if you're comfortable then do it. But if we can see your nipples you should know that we will all talk about you.

(and mostly talk about your nipples).
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    How fast will you be running? Remember to warm up with jumping jacks.

This was even funnier when she didn't get it.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable with just wearing your sports bra and shorts, and it doesn't violate any gym policies, go for it.

Plenty of women work out at the gym with just a sports bra. I see no problem with it.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'm for it
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't like it, but I belong to a YMCA that is family-oriented, so there are kids and teens around. I would suggest wearing a loose fitting tank top or something to cover up a bit. Sorry, I'm a prude!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I've been hitting the gym a lot lately, and near the end of my intervals on the treadmill (which I will be increasing soon from 40 minutes to 45 and up from there) I am sooo hot! It's really tempting to just pull my shirt off and run in my sports bra. I just want to know what everyone thinks about girls working out in just a sports bra and shorts at the gym before I actually attempt to do it.

I do it and I am over a B cup. But it is a black one that looks a bit like a crop top (but is made of thick material and underwired to heck).

I don't tend to think anything about what other people are wearing (although I might look twice at someone in an 80s thong leotard) - I am too busy working out. And I don't notice or give a damn anyone perving for the same reason. Pervs gonna perv!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm for it

Strangely, most men are.