Opinions on just wearing a sports bra to the gym?

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    How fast will you be running? Remember to warm up with jumping jacks.

Hey-yo
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Hey-yo

There certainly is no shortage of men on this site that like to watch girls' boobs bounce when they run. Hot pants + cute sports bra = guaranteed to please any man, LOL.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I am comfortable with my tummy I will def work out in a sports bra.

:)
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I personally never wear sports bras to the gym. They make me look fat.

Lol !!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If you wear just a sports bra, please triple-wipe any gym equipment that requires sitting.
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options

perv
  • ninifire
    Options
    I really want to but I'm probably not going to. I had many people over my life tell me to cover my tummy because I'm just asking for men to be tempted. Not that I ever cared what they said, but something stuck. And I don't know if I could handle someone working there telling me that I can't.

But if I'm at home and my dad is not here, then certainly I will. It's so much more fun because over time i can feel my stomach getting tighter better.
  • knitwit704
    knitwit704 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Not exactly the same, but I always run in "high tech" running shirts. I feel nice, cool, and dry (or warm when it's cold out). I take off my shirt, I get much sweatier...

YMMV, but your shirt might be keeping you drier.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    We've created some sort of whirlygig of time/space. All these really old threads are popping up :huh:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Not exactly the same, but I always run in "high tech" running shirts. I feel nice, cool, and dry (or warm when it's cold out). I take off my shirt, I get much sweatier...

I agree, those quick-dry athletic shirts work great
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    I may be old fashioned but I believe bellys should be covered in the gym by both men and women. Run in a dry wicking tank...just as effective for the most part.
  • AbbieZabba
    Options
    We're supposed to be wearing sports bras?!? Shesh, no wonder all the staring :tongue:
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    We've created some sort of whirlygig of time/space. All these really old threads are popping up :huh:

Ah damn. I didn't notice I was posting in a necroed thread. FullOfFail :(
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Get a dry fit sleeveless or tank top and wear it over a sports bra. You won't overheat, I assure you.

I would never just wear a sports bra to the gym, and not to sound arrogant, but I do have the body for it. To me it's equivalent to a man not wearing a shirt. I think it's a modesty thing. Perhaps I'm too old school...
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's funny, my college gym didn't even allow sleeveless shirts. You actually got kicked out if you tried. And it was a state school, not a religious one or anything.

So I would never think of just wearing a sports bra, but...I guess there's nothing actually wrong with it, if you are more comfortable like that. As long as you wipe down machines!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    wow didn't realize how old this was
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it but I am not skinny and don't need to gross people out :laugh:

Bt I also judge others and to each I there own. The only problem I would have is seeing private parts. There is a old guy at our gym who seems to think underwear under short shorts is optional and well he spills the beans sometimes. :sick:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I doesn't bother me. But, not much does.

Except not wiping off the machines. That's nasty.

Oh, and too much perfume.

And using a cell phone....okay, there's more. . . but the sports bra is not one of them. :wink:

Catfight! 7 month old catfight!