Fruit Preserves 1 tsp

1 packet Stevia or Splenda

Just mix in with a spoon.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I eat 0% plain Fage Greek Yogurt almost every night in this format:

2nixgnm.jpg

Toppings in this picture: homemade granola, semi-sweet chocolate chips and organic honey.

Other toppings: frozen banana, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, maple syrup.

:flowerforyou:
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I discovered a little while ago that there is more than one type of Greek yoghurt. There's the one that tastes more like Natural yoghurt that more or less stands up on its own, and then there's one that seems to be quite a bit less rigid (and is also more expensive). For that I use a little honey, or even cinnamon. And I always use it to top fruit rather than eating it on its own. Granola is also a good topper but very high in energy so use sparingly!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I use a drop of maple syrup.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I tend to use frozen berries that way you get a bit of jucie with it too,to sweeten it! x:bigsmile:
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Try these yummy flavoured sweet dips using greek yoghurt :happy:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Yogurt_Fruit_Dips
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've stirred a spoonful of jam into plain Greek yogurt, and it was quite yummy. You could simmer up your blueberries and add a bit of sugar to make your own quick and easy jam.
  • teamiconic
    teamiconic Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Walden farms strawberry syrup and a little splends
  • melizzzzard
    melizzzzard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    USE AGAVE NECTAR! it is AMAZINGGGGG!!!!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I mix in my protein powder in it, all flavors (Eat the Bear - cinnamon bun, chocolate, ice cream sandwich) and freeze it. Makes a yummy dessert!
  • eats1
    eats1 Posts: 16
    Options
    try cinnamon powder ... i love it and always have it will with half fat greek-style yogurt.
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What about persisting and learning to manage the flavour as it is... You may actually come to enjoy it!
  • grneydmdgt
    grneydmdgt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stevia is not an artificial sweetener - it is a naturally occurring plant, unlike Splenda or truvia which have the right sweetener ingredient, but also have chemical sweeteners, such as dextrose. Get put liquid stevia; it's perfect for yogurts and beverages. Honey is also a good alternative. I use organic vanilla extract, but I'm not adding fruit and just can't stand the taste of plain Greek yogurt. Good luck.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones and let them thaw out first. The juice runs out of them a bit so the sweetness disperses more evenly throughout the yogurt.

Frozen, pitted cherries do the trick too.

Any frozen fruit will do including any berry, peaches and pineapple. Even bananas, but not so much.

Crushed graham crackers add a nice little sweetness too.
  • tlskim
    tlskim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've used REAL maple syrup, Stevia, Agave Nectar, Honey, Xylitol, Protein Powder, Sugar-Free Pudding Mix, Mashed/Pureed fruit. I dislike the flavor of yogurt PERIOD so I've been experimenting with LO GI sugars.

I like to mix up a large batch of plain yogurt with a sweetener then portion into individual servings. That way you can change out fruits/ etc. to each serving.

ex: 1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder to one cup of fat free greek yogurt. I then add one tsp LO GI sugar above. Some days I'll add shaved almonds, half banana. Depends on when Im working out. Experiment. Everyone's tastes are individual.

Great way to add in Flax seed meal/ or Chia seeds as well.