Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag.

Options

Replies

• dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well- you got MY attention. And thank you very much for the words of advice:) It does make a lot of sense...the simpler, the better in my opinion:O)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    High five to this post! :D

I personally choose to eat clean and feel that it has made a difference to me, but I do 'cheat' sometimes. It's nice to read something like this and remind myself it's not a huge deal haha.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you have to understand...it is really cool to diss low carb...and basically diss anything that that they dont agree with...that way they can be all subtly superiror without actually agreeing with ANYTHING....you have a bunch of kiss *kitten* mo fo 's here who act all together, and really are just seeking your approval...beware of the "nice" guy..

.low carb is good..dont be fooled by the guys who work out more than the average person and tell you that you need a bunch of carbs.
    I workout 3 times a week and eat over 250g of carbs a day. The fat is melting away. Low carb is one method. Not the be-all and end-all of weightloss.

that is good for YOU,,,most of the folks here are not all about YOUR goals...they just want to lose some weight,,,you dont need to do what you are doing to lose some weight....you guys act like the only way to do this is YOUR way....you are wrong,,,but good luck
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Agree with 80% - especially 1-7.

Low carbing and/or carb cycling DOES help me; recently I did it and broke a 3 month plateau.

Low carbing is a tool that, for some people, can be useful. It's not a necessity for weight loss however (insulin conditions aside), and carbs are not the evil macronutrient that fat was once proclaimed to be.

Eating clean IS BETTER than eating overly processed. By default, clean eaters typically consume more fresh/frozen fruits and veggies than folks who don't try to eat clean. Surely we are not going to deny that fruits/veggies are better?

For weight loss it is irrelevant given we are comparing equal calories and macronutrients. It is also an ambiguous term. That being said, consuming a diet that is "mostly" whole and nutrient dense foods is a great idea and I support it. I just don't support an all-or-nothing methodology.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    you have to understand...it is really cool to diss low carb...and basically diss anything that that they dont agree with...that way they can be all subtly superiror without actually agreeing with ANYTHING....you have a bunch of kiss *kitten* mo fo 's here who act all together, and really are just seeking your approval...beware of the "nice" guy..

.low carb is good..dont be fooled by the guys who work out more than the average person and tell you that you need a bunch of carbs.
    I workout 3 times a week and eat over 250g of carbs a day. The fat is melting away. Low carb is one method. Not the be-all and end-all of weightloss.
    that is good for YOU,,,most of the folks here are not all about YOUR goals...they just want to lose some weight,,,you dont need to do what you are doing to lose some weight....you guys act like the only way to do this is YOUR way....you are wrong,,,but good luck
    It's only natural to recommend a method working for you to someone else, no? I've never dissed low carb but I will never advise someone to try it because for me, it was a horrible (and slightly dangerous when my head was so fuzzy and I had to drive to work) experience. I'm no more wrong than anyone that decrees low-carb as some godly secret to weightloss. Good luck to you too, good sir.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Actually the majority of people you take issue with are simply trying to make things simplified for people by removing alot of the facets of dieting that aren't really important.
  • :D Thanks
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    why is it so cool to not agree with clean eating? you guys who have gotten to a good weight suddelny act like your approach is the only way. you act like trying to eat clean is silly and what not. get over yourselves.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

But...but...wait!! What were you doing here??

Oh, yes...assuming that everyone else has the same goals you do, except for those who work out more than the "average" person (wth does that mean?) of course.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    why is it so cool to not agree with clean eating? you guys who have gotten to a good weight suddelny act like your approach is the only way. you act like trying to eat clean is silly and what not. get over yourselves.

Why is it so cool for you to constantly have an attitude with people who are genuinely helping others?
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Actually...you need to reread what's been written, because you're clearly not getting it.

That happens I hear...when close minded people make judgments on other people's commentary without actually taking the time to comprehend it.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would tend to disagree with is staying with the same program and just adding weight. That isn't always what my goal is about! I would change that to say 'train with specificity'...aka., come up with some goal that ISN'T about fat loss and work towards it. That goal might be about strength, power, or endurance. I wouldn't train for a 5K while keeping up a strength routine from 10 weeks ago. It's not about confusing or surprising your muscles--obviously they don't have feelings--it's about avoiding a self-defeating cycle of non-specific training. Just my 2 cents. Loved everything else!
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Nice reminder. So glad I looked!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I certainly agree you can eat ****t and still lose weight, as long as you're eating less ****t than before (or eat same amount of ****t but start working out...that will also help lose weight.). I never said otherwise.

So yeah, you can go by basic math for calories consumed vs burned. But in the long run it's not just the calories that matter for overall good health.

Also...another note on me using low carb to break my plateau...during that period I had increased fat, maintained calories, and actually decreased activity... all counterproductive to weight loss. Yet I still lost over 9 lbs in 14 low carb days (20 days total). I cannot think of a single reason I would have lost weight except that I went from ~150 to ~30 carbs per day. This is another reason that I think it's best to not simply add/subtract cals. Possible - yes. All that matters - no.
    I can think of the very obvious reason, decreasing carbs from 150 a day to 30 a day leads to massive amounts of glycogen and water loss. The average person stores about 8-10 pounds of glycogen with water, cutting out carbs means those stores won't get replenished, glycogen is used for just about everything, so it gets used up relatively quickly, ergo, losing 9-10 pounds in a week or two after drastically cutting carbs. Pretty much exactly what you described. Not all weight lost is fat.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You're so misguided. Clean eating is the only way to go. It is MANDATORY.
    2 bottle caps of bleach with every meal goes a long way. *points to ticker* Proof in action. Calorie free ;)
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I agree and whiskey is perfectly acceptable!!
  • deang55
    deang55 Posts: 5
    Options
    17 day Butt wash?? Is that the shorter version of the 30 day Butt wash??
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you use low-carb buttwash the entire process goes faster.
  • meewii
    meewii Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Thanks :love:
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    If you use low-carb buttwash the entire process goes faster.

Wait, wouldn't that be water?

But I guarantee, add in some fats (codliver oil anyone?) and things will go a LOT faster.