:laugh: Love that this Thread Rolled!!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Glad to see it's still going!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Surprising how easy it is. Reading some of the posts on this site, it is clear as a society we really overly complicate weight loss and management.

CAN I GET AN AMEN!!

Yea, I totally agree. I think it is that we are always looking for shortcuts personally. We just like to believe there is some double secret formula that will make all the difference. Plus we want it now!!! Nevermind it took us years to get fat!!
  • CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your topic title. If it's funny, I've missed it. But, that's half the amusement.

Thank you, for your well-stated dose of common sense. The long list of excuses and weird remedies boggle the mind, these days. I hope many read your list, and smile sheepishly, and admit, "maybe I've been a bit extreme/silly/gullible".

Did I read correctly? You've lost over 100 pounds??
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your topic title. If it's funny, I've missed it. But, that's half the amusement

A speed bag is those things that boxers use. They punch it really fast as it dangles to and fro. When I wrote this, I wanted everyone to close their eyes and imagine a cob of corn with fists, doing a rope-a-dope on my man bag. That's basically what it meant. If you don't find it funny, it's either that it's not funny, or that I'm 13 years old between the ears, or both.
    Thank you, for your well-stated dose of common sense. The long list of excuses and weird remedies boggle the mind, these days. I hope many read your list, and smile sheepishly, and admit, "maybe I've been a bit extreme/silly/gullible".

Sublog (who kindly bumped this to a second thread) HAS indeed lost over 100lbs, and not only that but he knows his stuff when it comes to nutrition.
  • mmapags
    Options
    I don't understand your topic title. If it's funny, I've missed it. But, that's half the amusement.

His title is not meant to be understood! LOL He has a stash of whacky, funny eye catching thread titles that are meant to get your attention and be funny. He says he has a lot more of them! I can only imagine what the next one will be!
  • Sidesteal
    Options

His title is not meant to be understood! LOL He has a stash of whacky, funny eye catching thread titles that are meant to get your attention and be funny. He says he has a lot more of them! I can only imagine what the next one will be!

^ Honestly this is correct. This all started when I noticed that well written and informative posts would often fall off the first page to get lost, while random threads of randomness would go forever. I'm a sneaky bastage.
  • mmapags
    Options

I'm 13 years old between the ears.

This is where the smart money is Bro! LOL
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for "Wizard Watch Twenty-Twelve."
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    I'm just here for "Wizard Watch Twenty-Twelve."

LOL
    Well played :)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Woohoo.....round 2
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    okayyy. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I read through all your "statements" and while I find them scientifically sound, I will still disagree in an offensive manner.

DAMN YOU SIR AND YOUR "SCIENCE"!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Options

I love this. What about cardio?

I have several thoughts about cardio.

I think that ultimately, cardio is not necessary for weight loss. I DO think that cardio is a good activity to do for the majority (maybe that's too bold of a word here) of the overweight population trying to generally become fit. I think that for bodybuilding purposes cardio is a tool that allows more food or bigger deficits. If an individual is in a position that they need to choose between increasing activity to create a suitable deficit, or decreasing food intake, cardio could be the better choice.

I personally cannot stand cardio and as such, I don't do it.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I need to read this every day. :drinker:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    inb4Taubes
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% except training for triathlons I sub weight lifting for endurance training but the idea is the same. Stop looking at the hocus pocus and get off your *kitten* to do something!
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    I agree 100% except training for triathlons I sub weight lifting for endurance training but the idea is the same. Stop looking at the hocus pocus and get off your *kitten* to do something!

I absolutely believe that the individual will need to choose training that corresponds to their goal. The above makes perfect sense.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love this. Need to read frequently.... altho I am now off to do some cardio! :wink: