LOVELY LADIES SUPPORT GROUP starts today!! 8/18/09

Options

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Great Job lvnascar!!! Even 1/2 pound is awesome when you only have 10lbs to go!!:drinker:
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, sorry for the late check in...and it isn't really. My house flooded earlier this week with all the rain we got and my scale needs to "dry out". Maybe this will get me off the 2x daily weigh ins cold turkey ;)

Great Job lvnascar and gogo, your pic is worth a 1000 words! I can only hope to get there some day!
  • booboogroom
    booboogroom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group. I need all the support and insporation I get to stay motivated.
  • 8turboturtle8
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group. I need all the support and insporation I get to stay motivated.

Welcome booboogroom!!! Share a little about yourself and your goals :)
  • booboogroom
    booboogroom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well I see your from DFW, Texas. I live in Denton. I am a 41 year young mom of three. Daughter 22, son 20, & a son 19. For over 17 years I weighed 145lbs. So when I had my hysterectomy in 06 I did not believe people when they told me I would gain weight. Well a couple of months ago I purchased a scale and OH MY GOODNESS, I knew I was having to by bigger cloths but it really didn't dawn on me for some reason. I weighed 190lbs. at 5'4". I am 65 lbs over weight, boarderline diabetic, and I suffer from Bipolar 1. So anyway I decided I was going to do something about it. Then I found this sight and I am so happy:smile: that I did. I have a 6 year old Chi-Wieene named Booboo that I raised from 2 weeks of age after his mother died, so since my children are all grown he's my baby now. And my husband is a Truck Driver, and is gone for weeks at a time, so its just me and Booboo. And now my new friends at myfitnesspal.
    289052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 8turboturtle8
    Options
    Well I see your from DFW, Texas. I live in Denton. I am a 41 year young mom of three. Daughter 22, son 20, & a son 19. For over 17 years I weighed 145lbs. So when I had my hysterectomy in 06 I did not believe people when they told me I would gain weight. Well a couple of months ago I purchased a scale and OH MY GOODNESS, I knew I was having to by bigger cloths but it really didn't dawn on me for some reason. I weighed 190lbs. at 5'4". I am 65 lbs over weight, boarderline diabetic, and I suffer from Bipolar 1. So anyway I decided I was going to do something about it. Then I found this sight and I am so happy:smile: that I did. I have a 6 year old Chi-Wieene named Booboo that I raised from 2 weeks of age after his mother died, so since my children are all grown he's my baby now. And my husband is a Truck Driver, and is gone for weeks at a time, so its just me and Booboo. And now my new friends at myfitnesspal.
    289052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I live in Watauga and have a few things in common. My weight is similar to yours I am in the low 180's (once was over 220) also 5'4" and a mother of 3 (12, 9, 5). My parents are truck drivers so I understand the routine and can feel your pain...since I am a single mom I spend my free time with them when they are home. I know at times it will seem everything is working against you, but with the support here it feels do-able!!!
  • Gogo
    Options
    Well ladies, sorry for the late check in...and it isn't really. My house flooded earlier this week with all the rain we got and my scale needs to "dry out". Maybe this will get me off the 2x daily weigh ins cold turkey ;)

Great Job lvnascar and gogo, your pic is worth a 1000 words! I can only hope to get there some day!

I am so sorry about your house!! Maybe it is a sign that you don't need your scale.....:grumble: I have learned the hard way that it is not about the numbers on the scale, it is about how you feel and look in the mirror. I know things must be tough right now, but keep it up girlie! You are worth it!
  • Gogo
    Options
    Welcome booboogroom! :flowerforyou: Glad to have you in our group.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well this weekend was a bad one for me, because we celebrated my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday. Just to much good home cooking for me I guess. Will be working hard for the next couple of days. :laugh:

racefan: Sorry to hear about your house! :noway: Let that scale dry out for a while, I didn't even try to look at my scale this morning. :wink:

booboogroom: Welcome! Glad to have you with us.
  • Gogo
    Options
    Good Morning! :flowerforyou:

I am still stuck at 161.0 lbs :grumble: , but on the bright side.....last night I ran for 20 mins without walking and did 1.35 miles. Yay me!! That is my all time high so far, but I am going to shoot for 1.5 miles before the weekend. I am really slow, but I want to build up the endurance to go distances before I work on the speed. Now if I could just get my butt to quit hurting......:grumble:

Hope you all are doing well!

Gogo
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I'm up a pound, so the weight is 161 just like gogo. :happy: But I blame that on all the good food I ate at my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration. I will get it off, and continue on my journey.

Gogo: WTG on running for 20 min. straight, and I'm hoping your butt starts to feel better :wink: . I just did a new workout called Kettlenetics, and I was surprised that my butt is sore with just that 4lb kettlebell that comes with the kit.

Have a great day!
  • Gogo
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I'm up a pound, so the weight is 161 just like gogo. :happy: But I blame that on all the good food I ate at my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration. I will get it off, and continue on my journey.

Gogo: WTG on running for 20 min. straight, and I'm hoping your butt starts to feel better :wink: . I just did a new workout called Kettlenetics, and I was surprised that my butt is sore with just that 4lb kettlebell that comes with the kit.

Have a great day!

My friend works out with kettlebells and she loves it! She says it is a great workout overall and she can really feel it the next day.
  • Gogo
    Options
    Mornin Lovely Ladies!!

Am I the only one left?!? *hears crickets*

Well, I finally broke thru my plateau....I weighed in today at 160.2 lbs!! Yeah, now on to the 150's!! I am up to running over 2 miles every other day, and incorporating some ab and strengthening exercises in too. I am starting to feel the muscle under the fat!! Can't wait to see definition!

Hope everyone else is doing well! :drinker:

Gogo
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Gogo I think we are the only two left! :smile: I didn't change, but I'm going to blame this one on TTOM! :frown: I'm feeling pretty good, and like you I can feel those muscles beneath the fat! :laugh:

Hope to hear from others. :flowerforyou:
  • Gogo
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Gogo I think we are the only two left! :smile: I didn't change, but I'm going to blame this one on TTOM! :frown: I'm feeling pretty good, and like you I can feel those muscles beneath the fat! :laugh:

Hope to hear from others. :flowerforyou:

Yay!! Here's to feeling those muscles!!1:drinker: :drinker: ....and to only having 10 lbs left to go!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My weight this morning was 159.5 which is 1lb down from last week. I didn't adjust my ticker from when I gained those two rotten pounds, so now it is at the right setting. :blushing: I'm still working away, and getting strength and cardio into my routine. Even though I'm not losing weight, I can see the muscles in my upper body. So progress is being made. :drinker:

How is everyone doing?
  • Gogo
    Options
    Hey lvnascar!

I really think that we are the only two left! I didn't weigh in because it is that TOM. :grumble: I am so bloated it is not funny. I will check in next Weds. I did hit an all-time high for my running though. 2.25 miles non stop!! I ran 34.40 minutes continuously. :bigsmile: I am definitely seeing an improvement in my running abilities. I wish that I would start to see some kind of weight loss.:grumble:

Anyway, great job on the 1 lb loss from last week! Keep up the great work. :drinker: I can't wait to see the muscles on me!

Gogo
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back after vacation and my son was in the hospital for a couple of days. Needed IV antibiotics for swollen lymph nodes and of course my hubby was out of town. Anyway, back to dieting. Only one pound up so not too much damage done.
    Great running Gogo!! Keep it up :)
  • Gogo
    Options
    Well, I'm back after vacation and my son was in the hospital for a couple of days. Needed IV antibiotics for swollen lymph nodes and of course my hubby was out of town. Anyway, back to dieting. Only one pound up so not too much damage done.
    Great running Gogo!! Keep it up :)

Thanks Kath!! :flowerforyou: I hope your son is feeling better soon!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Gogo, Congrats on running non-stop for that long. I usually run on Sat., Mon & Wed. I also estimate that I ran about 2.25 miles yesterday non-stop in 25 min. I stopped running about a year ago, and then just recently started up again. Are you doing the C25K? I have been doing that, and find that I have been able to get back into the running routine much easier. It is a great way to get exercise in, so keep up the good work. :wink: Yesterday I just finished week 6, so only 3 more weeks to go and then I have to plan on a different running program. :huh:

Kath, Sorry to hear about your son, I hope he starts feeling better. :smile: