LOVELY LADIES SUPPORT GROUP starts today!! 8/18/09

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Laurie - Do you eat all of your exercise calories? I just got done doing a mile warm up and then level two day one of the 30Day Shred, burned 459 calories, but I still have like 240 calories to eat today! It is 8pm here, and I don't feel hungry. Do you think that is hindering my weight loss?

Erin :flowerforyou:

How do you calculate the calories you burn? An online calculator or a heart rate monitor? I have always wanted an accurate count and so much depends on the person and the effort.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm down from last week by 1 pound, so I'm at 158.5. I'm still not what I was at two weeks ago, but at least I'm note going the opposite way. :laugh: This morning I did Plyo Legs from the STS Cathe Friedrich series. Good workout, it has one weighted exercise followed by a 30 sec. plyo exercise. Got to work late today, because we had about 9 inches of snow to get out of our driveway.

racefan: I use a HRM to calculate my calories burned. And if I don't I use the calculations from this web page, but then if I do that I figure that the counts are high. Usually they are pretty accurate, but they do tend to be higher than what my HRM reads.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I got on my treadmill and did finished the first week of Gateway to 8k. It was just way to cold to run outdoors this morning. I'm not going to venture out in -9 with a 20 mph wind. :noway: My eating yesterday was very good, and I managed to make my homemade meatloaf healthy. I used extra lean ground beef, and skim milk. The other thing I could do is not put in the whole egg, or use egg sub. Maybe use ww bread crumbs also.

Have a great day!

Laurie
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill last night with no walking....took me 45 mins. I didn't wear my HRM, but I figure that I probably burned around 400 calories. I had McDonalds last night, but I was still in my calories. I am having a really hard time eating healthy right now because things are soooo hectic. Tonight will be another unhealthy night of eating because DD1 has a flute concert at 7pm and we have to be there by 6:30pm.....no time for a homecooked meal. Oh well, at least I am not gaining. I will just have to hope for a maintain during the holidays I guess.:grumble:

Hope you girls have a great day!

Erin
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Today was Disc 33 Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps from Cathe Friedrich's STS series. Good workout! I'm planning on getting in a short but effective workout from ExerciseTV On Demand when I get home. I'm planning on doing Less is More Cardio with Cindy Whitmarsh, that one is short but really kicks butt! :wink:

Erin: This time of the year is really busy, so we have been stopping at fast food places also. I figure as long as you plan ahead, you can adjust just like you have been doing. Not gaining during the holidays is a great, and makes starting the new year even better. Today someone gifted me with fudge, and I must admit that I had a small piece. I'm offering all the fudge to anyone who stops at my desk today. Then will bring it to a party tomorrow, so that I am not tempted to eat anymore. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't get in that other workout on Friday, just to much going on. Saturday I did the Less is More Cardio workout from ExerciseTV, and I also did the Incredible Abs too. My calf muscles are still sore this morning from that workout. :laugh: Yesterday I ran W2D1 of GW28K, and I am having a great time with the downloads. It keeps you at the right pace, so you don't go out of your target heart rate. I was having a problem with going to fast, so my runs where not going so great. Keeping the pace with the music has mad the runs fun. This morning was strength with Cathe Friedrich's STS Disc 34 Chest & Back.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Laurie
  • Gogo
    Options
    Morning!

I did level2 day2 of the 30 day shred last night and then hit the treadmill for 2 miles. Not sure if I am going to workout tonight...it is dd2's birthday today. We are going after work to get her a new bicycle. Still sitting at 159.8 lbs.:grumble:

Erin
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was W2D2 of GW28K, and boy was it cold out! :huh: But that run burned 490 cal, and I was up above my target HR for 10 min. during that run and I didn't even realize it. Maybe my body had to work extra hard in the cold. :laugh:

Erin: WTG on getting in the Shred and running. :wink: Is this your DD's first bike? I remember when I got my first bike, with the banana seat and those great handle bars. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • Gogo
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was W2D2 of GW28K, and boy was it cold out! :huh: But that run burned 490 cal, and I was up above my target HR for 10 min. during that run and I didn't even realize it. Maybe my body had to work extra hard in the cold. :laugh:

Erin: WTG on getting in the Shred and running. :wink: Is this your DD's first bike? I remember when I got my first bike, with the banana seat and those great handle bars. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie

Not her first bike, but it is a "big girl" bike. :laugh: She was super excited. Going to do my long run tonight...3.25 miles.
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well my weight is the same as last week. If I manage to get through Christmas and New Years at the same weight I will be happy. :wink: I just need to watch my eating, but it really is hard when I had a company party yesterday afternoon. Today is a supplier lunch, and tomorrow my boss is giving us a lunch. Good thing I'm taking Friday as a vacation day! :laugh:

Today was STS (Cathe Friedrich) Disc 35 Plyo Legs, and Ab Circuit Yoga Based Abs. Love the plyo/weighted leg work in these.

Erin: Glad your DD was very happy with her new bike.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • Gogo
    Options
    Morning!

Did 3.15 miles last night - 3 miles running, .15 cool down walking. Going to try to get in some 30 Day shred tonight, but not sure if that is going to happen. I have to make a dish tonight for a potluck tomorrow at work. Tomorrow night is company Christmas dinner also. Not going to be alot of healthy eating tomorrow! :laugh: My weight is the same as well, and like you Laurie, I am just hoping to maintain thru the end of Dec.

Erin
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning!

This morning I did get out to run W2D3 of GW28K. Was a cold morning of about 10F, but there was no wind. I think if there had been a wind I would have gotten the run done on my TM. Would like to get in some stretching after work, because the bod is getting a little tight in the legs. Wonder why! :laugh: Yesterdays lunch didn't set well in my stomach. :grumble: Not to may options at the place that we went to, I ordered a tuna skewer, but the rice that came with it had a little to much oil in it. Funny how eating better causes your stomach to react to greasy foods differently. :huh:

Erin: Did you manage to get in the Shred yesterday also? WTG on running those 3 miles, I'm really enjoying my running days. :wink: After Christmas I'm going to be doing a rotation with all my Jillian Michaels workouts. They have this on ExerciseTV's web page, so I thought it might be fun to try. So we just might be Shredding on the same day. :laugh:

Laurie
  • Gogo
    Options
    No shred last night. :grumble: Maybe tonight! Depends how many drinks I have at the co. Christmas dinner. :drinker:
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning All,

Today was Shoulder, Biceps, Triceps (Cathe Friedrich STS Disc 36). I have the day off of work, so I'm heading out to do some shopping. Hope to get in some cardio also, because of all the eating I have done in the last couple of days. :noway:

Erin: I know that I never get a workout in after I have had a drink or two. :wink: I always get so dang tired. :laugh: Hope you had a great time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • Gogo
    Options
    No workout for me last night.....not sure if I will get one in tonight either! :angry: The holidays are he!! on my workout schedule! :angry: I am really going to try hard to get one in tonight. I have to go home and make cupcakes for the DD's birthday lunch tomorrow. All the family is coming over around noon.

*sigh* At least I am not gaining......
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a bootcamp workout for 30 min.(Cathe Friedrich 4-Day Split), 20 min. of kickboxing and 15 min. of abs(Kelly Coffee-Meyer 30 Min. to Fitness). Sunday I ran outdoors and did W3D1 of GW28K.

Erin, I'm with you on the holidays, but not gaining is great! :wink: I'm thinking of not even getting on the dang scale at all! :laugh: I'm going to be watching what I eat, but I'm not going to look at that dang thing at all.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Erin, If you see this should we just let this thread die? I was wondering since we are the only two who post on here. :laugh:

This morning was a run on the treadmill, and stretch.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • Gogo
    Options
    We can let it die since you are on the wanna be runners thread.....we can keep up there. :flowerforyou: