A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Judie, I had the problems with the IUD. Turns out it's fine I went in and saw the OB, She said it's probably where the IUD has shift to sit in my uterus.

LisaC, good luck on dinner tonight.

Megan, just don't shift to low. I'm not sure how low you can go without it sending you into starvation mode. I love how on the home page it will say if you are eating too few calories. I love seeing that "if everyday were today you'd weigh 177.9 pounds".I love seeing that when I get up, because each day I get up it gets lower. Makes me happy!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Judie, I had the problems with the IUD. Turns out it's fine I went in and saw the OB, She said it's probably where the IUD has shift to sit in my uterus.

LisaC, good luck on dinner tonight.

Megan, just don't shift to low. I'm not sure how low you can go without it sending you into starvation mode. I love how on the home page it will say if you are eating too few calories. I love seeing that "if everyday were today you'd weigh 177.9 pounds".I love seeing that when I get up, because each day I get up it gets lower. Makes me happy!

Silver that is good they did not have to remove it.
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Thanks Judie, the guy I was seeing was hoping they were gonna have to hurt me a little. He's a bit of a sadist. :) He doesn't mean it in a mean way, but he does like to "hurt" me a little. I'm not really into all that so, he tries to keep it light with me.

P.S. After months of refusing to use her little potty Sharlotte used her little potty last night and 2 times so far today! yay! So maybe we are getting somewhere with her potty training!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Thanks Judie, the guy I was seeing was hoping they were gonna have to hurt me a little. He's a bit of a sadist. :) He doesn't mean it in a mean way, but he does like to "hurt" me a little. I'm not really into all that so, he tries to keep it light with me.

P.S. After months of refusing to use her little potty Sharlotte used her little potty last night and 2 times so far today! yay! So maybe we are getting somewhere with her potty training!
    congrats on sharlotte using the potty .... i know my son was real quick to use it ... but my daughter is a different story .....she uses it but not as often as she should i mean i sit her on it but she wont go until she pulls up her pull up GRRRRRR lol...silver how did you add your goals on the bottom of your post(the orange writing)
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Judie - thank you sweetie! Abby is my dog actually, but you're close :wink: You have no idea of all the rough times we've gone through in our short lives. I consider almost 30 entirely too young to go through everything we have gone through, but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I may post a blog about what I've been through in the past so you can all get to know me better. All I can say, is everything happens for a reason, quite often I don't think it's a reason that we understand, but you get stronger and you keep on going!

I would also like to know more about each of you, but I think that will happen in time!

OMG - my husband just came out with tickets (he told me he was going to a game while in Chicago this weekend and asked me if they are good seats). I was trying to get tickets to see Brad Paisley a few months ago and couldn't. I'm really not into country music - but I LOVE him. Josh swears that almost every song he writes is about me, and it's funny because after listening to the songs it does sound like me. I think that's when I really started liking Brad Paisley! Anyways - he doesn't have a business trip this weekend! He's taking me out! :love: :heart: :happy: Not only are we going to Longhorn (our favorite restaurant) he's suprised me with going to the Brad Paisley concert! If you guys are able to, search the song "Then" and "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley - those are the songs that Josh says reminds him of me! He's the best hubby ever!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Silver - congrats on Sharlotte using the potty! I used to reward Elizabeth with 2 or 3 M&M's every time she used the potty. It really helped us with potty training!

Megan - great job with the workout! I'm so proud of you.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Silver - congrats on Sharlotte using the potty! I used to reward Elizabeth with 2 or 3 M&M's every time she used the potty. It really helped us with potty training!

Megan - great job with the workout! I'm so proud of you.
    Thanks LisaC i too am proud of myself .... not only am i doing SI6 but i am still using my "total gym" (which i love now) lol
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    That's awesome Megan! Keep up the great work! :smile:

I'm going to take today off from working out, I think I deserve it! :happy:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Judie - I'm a big cry baby too - I've been an emotional wreck since yesterday afternoon. We can cry together, even if it is via MFP posts. lol
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Go to your homepage and choose settings. Then under the options choose to change your signature.

Shar's been on again, off again with her potty training. I was hoping to have her trained by 2, but it's not looking very good. She'll be 2 September 26th. I had her almost completely trained and then her dad and I split up and she reverted.

I'm so happy that I made my goals for today! Actually the date on my signature says tomorrow, but same difference. I have to go in and change the dates, but I"m not too worried about it right now. I have to finish straightening up my house before I go away for the weekend.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    That's awesome Megan! Keep up the great work! :smile:

I'm going to take today off from working out, I think I deserve it! :happy:
    yes you deserve to take a day off ..... have fun with hubby this weekend .... sounds like alot of fun:heart: Megan
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Omg, Lisa that's like the sweetest thing EVER! What a great thing for you husband to do! I've never had a guy do something like that for me! I'm envious! :sad: :tongue:
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Lisa, don't you just love it when the hubby gets all romantic? !! I have one of those, too. He doesn't always, but when he does he goes all out! I hope you have a great time!

I'm doing good with the water today, just haven't been really thirsty. Also, exercise half over for today, just elliptical and lower body strength training left.

Keep it up ladies!

Christine

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

Christine - that's my husband too. When he suprises me he goes all out, and I LOVE IT! It's raining here today, so that kinda sucks, but we can get all wet and wild together, lol.

I'll get on probably tomorrow morning and let you guys know how tonight goes! I hope everyone has a great evening, I'm hoping to! :heart:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    UGHHHHHHHHHHH bad day for me ....... my truck is in the shop and has been since wednesday .... they gave me a rental car ..... and today i was out running errands .... and it broke down .....was strandened for almost 5 hours no food ........so needless to say i havent eaten since breaksfast NOT GOOD .......i have consumed 230 calories today and thats it .....
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Way to go Catherine for losing another pound! We'll have to chat about our similars in the infertility world. We too lost twins, one by miscarriage and one being taken in error in emergency surgery. That crushed my world! November 10th will be two years for my angel babies! We miscarried again in June of 2008 too. Maybe I should clarify that my weight is NOT my infertility problem. I have endometriosis and severe PCOS (along with some blood clotting disorder) Getting my weight down would help increase our chances to get pregnant.

Thank you everyone for your support about Abby. She's still trucking right along and we measured her paw this morning so we can keep track of her tumor. I'll keep you guys updated as things change, I'm sure. You're the only ones I'm sharing it with - we can't bear to tell family that our beloved Abby has cancer, so we're holding it close to us. We are going to do everything we can to take care of her.

Judie - just to correct you, Abby didn't die YET, she just got diagnosed with a cancer tumor on her back leg yesterday and I took the news pretty hard. I know that you are stressed and tired, keep on trucking along. Your hubby will be better soon and hopefully your life will get a little easier.

Megan - good job on completing day 2! How are you feeling?

We are going to try and get RIU done today, not going to do 2 workouts today....Josh is leaving for a business trip and we're going to go to dinner tonight on our way to the airport. We are going to Longhorn and I've already printed the nutrition info to take with us. I'm planning on 7 oz Flo's Filet (my fav), grilled mushrooms and onions and about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes (if I can even eat that much....my appetite is massively down!) Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you guys. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 158.2 - only 1.2 pounds and I'll have hit 10 pounds lost! Woohoo! I'm hoping my weight doesn't go up once I shift off my diet.

LisaC I am so sorry I just can't get it right today just a lot on my mind but I know how you feel with your dog because I had two Japanese Chins and those were my world. And my Sexy got sick I took her to the vet and was told that they could not find what was wrong with her. What ever it was made her very sick and mean to the kids. So my father in law found a shelter for her that would not put her to sleep and would not give her to anyone who did not have there home inspected and took counseling on careing for sick animals. Well I was a mess and 9 months pregnant. Then once we took Sexy to the Shelter Bonner the other one missed her so much he became mean and started biting my boys so I went to the shelter and spoke with the owners and they as well felt it would be best for both dogs to make sure they stood together.

I am glad my father in law found them.

And yes your husband gets a gold star. Enjoy yourself
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Last night was AMAZING! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of myself. I didn't overeat ANYTHING at Longhorn. That is a major accomplishment in my world. I used to keep eating just because something tasted good. USED to is the keyword there. I keep telling myself that I need to take my time eating and stop when I am satisfied. That is what we are supposed to be doing, yet I have never done well with that. So I have leftovers of everything that I may have today, I'm not sure yet. The concert was a ton of fun and we got there in time to upgrade our tickets for only $20, so we got to sit under the pavillion instead of lawn seats. It did end up pouring rain, but I was dry....thankfully! Josh and I danced and sang, it was honestly one of the best concerts I think I've been to. Granted, I didn't know who either opening act was either. It helps that Brad Paisley is pretty good looking too (or at least I think so!)

How is everyone doing today? I hope everyone does good today! I know this time last week I totally fell off the wagon head first and I got really upset about it - I hope noone else has that kind of day!

Megan - did your day get better yesterday?
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I just got next week's weigh-in list ready and I'm wondering if you guys want to keep track of the total amount that you have lost since we started this group or total weight loss overall? I would like to know what would be the most inspirational to all of you.

I also wanted to let you know that over half the list did not update. I think we'll see how this next week goes and I will reduce the list to only the people updating. If you are not updating now, you can add yourself when you are ready.

Thoughts?!?
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I just got next week's weigh-in list ready and I'm wondering if you guys want to keep track of the total amount that you have lost since we started this group or total weight loss overall? I would like to know what would be the most inspirational to all of you.

I also wanted to let you know that over half the list did not update. I think we'll see how this next week goes and I will reduce the list to only the people updating. If you are not updating now, you can add yourself when you are ready.

Thoughts?!?

i would say weight lost since we joined the group, coz then we can see how far we've come since joining the group and having each others support.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i made it to the gym this morning, did 1hr 45mins and burn about 750cals - i think ive killed my leg now though, my knee and my ankle have gone :ohwell:
    i feel less hungry today, so i think ive got over those few days now :laugh: at last!

hope everyone else is getting on ok and well done lisa for not overeating whilst you where out
    :flowerforyou: