A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• velvetkist
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I ate twice the calories i normally eat yesterday, but because of calories I burned exercising, they were all earned calories...still, I don't like eating too many of those because I want to lose, not maintain. LOL Anyway, I am trying not to beat myself up and just chalk it up to my body took over my brain to get what it needed. Not that I ate anything bad like donuts or chocolate, but I had two grilled burgers instead of one and a piece of fish at dinner, also a HUGE salad late last night and an granola bar and breakfast bar.

Lisa, I am so glad you had such a good time! I am also proud of you for not over-indulging. WTG!

Katie, way to stay motivated! I'm joining ya this morning...on my way to the track after I finish posting.

Have a great day all!

Christine

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,697 Member
    Options
    I just got next week's weigh-in list ready and I'm wondering if you guys want to keep track of the total amount that you have lost since we started this group or total weight loss overall? I would like to know what would be the most inspirational to all of you.

I also wanted to let you know that over half the list did not update. I think we'll see how this next week goes and I will reduce the list to only the people updating. If you are not updating now, you can add yourself when you are ready.

Thoughts?!?

i would say weight lost since we joined the group, coz then we can see how far we've come since joining the group and having each others support.
    I like the idea of weight lost too. Maybe the goal too. For example, mine would be "Jill — 1 of 24 lost" or "Jill — 1 down, 23 to go." I would update the list if only my numbers would change! They did, sort of. I went up a pound (certainly didn't want to update THAT, LOL!) and then lost it again, so I'm still at 168.

I am up early today to get my exercise in before I have to go out and about. We're supposed to watch friends play softball at 10 a.m., but it's been raining, so I wonder if that's even going to happen.

I will be SO glad when I lose these extra pounds I've put on the last few months. I want to get back into my jeans. I thought I was being smart last fall when I went down a size and tossed out all my bigger jeans, but it didn't keep me from needing them. It just kept me from having them! I spent the summer in stretchy clothes and the couple of pair of shorts I bought to get by. Yesterday, I broke down and bought two pairs of jeans so I have something to wear until I can get back into my smaller ones. I didn't want to do that, but I wanted to have jeans for the softball game, and they were on sale for such a good price, I had to buy two! I will be happy to retire them, however, when they are too big, which will hopefully be in a few weeks.

I guess I'd better go do my Slim in 6 now. Have a great Saturday!

Jill
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm so busy! There's no way I can catch up on all these posts....

I hope you all have been successful! I stepped on the scale today for the first time in 2 weeks.

Last weigh-in ---> 160.8 lbs

Today's weigh-in ---> 159.2

so I've lost 1.6 lbs in 2 weeks. YIPPEE! Unfortunately, it's due to 12 hour work days and lots of stress. I was able to go jogging twice last weekend. And my dad sent 2 brand new tennis rackets for my birthday this week, so the Mr. and I are going to the courts today to break em in.

I hope you have all had a great week and are finding what you need here. Sorry my visits are sporadic!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I just got next week's weigh-in list ready and I'm wondering if you guys want to keep track of the total amount that you have lost since we started this group or total weight loss overall? I would like to know what would be the most inspirational to all of you.

I also wanted to let you know that over half the list did not update. I think we'll see how this next week goes and I will reduce the list to only the people updating. If you are not updating now, you can add yourself when you are ready.

Thoughts?!?
    Hello Everyone....LisaC glad you had a great time last night .......and i am too proud of you for not overeating .....i like the total weight loss overall ......yeah you should just reduce the list for only people updating ..... well my day got a lil better when i got home ... i made groud turkey nachos for dinner and i had watermelon for dessert .. still way under my calories since i wasnt able to have lunch :cry: ..... but today is a new day and i got my workout today so i feel better .... Hope everyone else is doing good
  • PJilly
    Options
    OK, I lost another pound! Woohoo! I know it's only 2 pounds so far, but it's been so slow to come off, I'm pretty excited about that. Today is my rest day. I am going to eat my maintenance calories today. Not quite a cheat, but more like a treat.

Happy Sunday all!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    OK, I lost another pound! Woohoo! I know it's only 2 pounds so far, but it's been so slow to come off, I'm pretty excited about that. Today is my rest day. I am going to eat my maintenance calories today. Not quite a cheat, but more like a treat.

Happy Sunday all!
    hey a weightloss is a weightloss .... congrats :heart: Megan
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

Happy Sunday all!

Happy Sunday to you! Sounds like your doing great! Slow & Steady wins the race:wink: I'm a firm believer that the longer it takes you to take off the weight the longer it STAYS off!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE .... hope all is well and staying on track ... as for me i am doing pretty well but i cant seem to eat all my calories for the day (still) .....i get full real quick which isnt a bad thing lol ....have a great sunday everyone ....:heart: Megan
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

Happy Sunday all!

Jill, I am so proud of you! :heart: :flowerforyou: Like we've been saying, keep trucking right along and you WILL see results! How is BIU treating you? I was supposed to move on to that tomorrow, but I haven't even worked out since we found out about Abby, my spirits have still been down!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Hi everyone! Seems like we all get pretty quiet around here on the weekend! I got a bad migraine this morning, my head is still bothering me, but not as bad as it was. My body, however, is a whole nother story. My tummy's pretty upset and I just feel off.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm back to work tomorrow, back to the grind. If I get to feeling better I'll check in later. If not, I'll talk to you guys in the morning!

:heart: Lisa
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Hi everyone! Seems like we all get pretty quiet around here on the weekend! I got a bad migraine this morning, my head is still bothering me, but not as bad as it was. My body, however, is a whole nother story. My tummy's pretty upset and I just feel off.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm back to work tomorrow, back to the grind. If I get to feeling better I'll check in later. If not, I'll talk to you guys in the morning!

:heart: Lisa
    Sorry you feel YUCKY:cry: ..... hope you feel better LisaC .....:heart: Megan
  • PJilly
    Options

Happy Sunday all!

Jill, I am so proud of you! :heart: :flowerforyou: Like we've been saying, keep trucking right along and you WILL see results! How is BIU treating you? I was supposed to move on to that tomorrow, but I haven't even worked out since we found out about Abby, my spirits have still been down!
    I'd love to tell you I look forward to doing BIU every day, but I really don't. I love to be done with it every day, though, so that's my motivation to get at it as soon as possible each day. I think once you're ready to get back in the swing of things, I'd recommend doing a week of RIU before moving on to BIU. You'll thank me later. :)
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Hey! I"m back!

I stayed within calories Saturday and Sunday! Yay! I even got a workout in yesterday. I plan to get one in today before I go to bed. I bought pilates slim and sculpt! I love it! I"m so excited to start using it. I get tired while using it, but I feel so good afterwards. I think it like it better than my Magic Circle.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Hey! I"m back!

I stayed within calories Saturday and Sunday! Yay! I even got a workout in yesterday. I plan to get one in today before I go to bed. I bought pilates slim and sculpt! I love it! I"m so excited to start using it. I get tired while using it, but I feel so good afterwards. I think it like it better than my Magic Circle.
    Welcome back silver ...... happy to hear you stayed within your calories and got to workout .....good luck on the pilates slim and sculpt:heart: Megan
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I'm gonna try to get a work out in today while I'm at my grams. If I can get away with it I think I will do these pilates every day. I really am excited about it. I can feel it working. When I use my pilates Magic Circle, I only feel my abs really being worked. Plus I can kind of mix and match exercises.
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Wow the forum is DEAD!

Ok, so it's 6:23 and I've finally got my work out in for the day. 10 minutes of flexibility and 10 minutes of lower body. tomorrow I"m gonna try for upperbody. Maybe abs the next day.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I know I did. Got lots of exercise and had lots of fun. Monday came way too soon. Well, I got lots of work to do today, so I will check in later.

Have a good day!
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Well it's 10 am here. I'm gonna eat some breakfast and then hopefully get in my upper body pilates work out in. 10 minutes of flexibility and then 10 minutes of upper body. It may be only 10 minutes, but with the resistance band, it's definitely hard work.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Silver - keep up the good work! You're doing great!

Kim - Glad to hear that you had such a great weekend!

Megan - How are you doing with SI6?

Jill - I think I am going to plan on staying on RIU this week too...I think the twice daily workouts last week were too much for me...I think that I'm ready to ease back in now! :wink:

I am feeling much better today, came back to almost 200 e-mails at work. So needless to say, I've been quite busy this morning. It's month end so I have quite a bit to get caught up on but I will try and check-in a few times today. Josh went grocery shopping for us today implementating what we learned last week, so I'm curious to get home and see what he has stocked us up with. I think we are having some kind of steak, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner.

How's everyone else doing today?
  • PJilly
    Options
    Good Monday morning!

I thoroughly enjoyed my rest day yesterday. I adjusted my goals to maintenance calories for the day, and I'm glad I did that too. I feel like I got the break I needed so that I can tackle the first day of Week 4 of SI6 today!

My daughter and I put together a slide show and some music for my dad's upcoming memorial service (September 13). I'm really happy with how it turned out. We took the MacBook to my mom's house to show her. We all cried, but it was good.

And then... This was a challenge. My mom and kids decided we needed to order pizza. So I ordered two small pizzas, picked them up, and while they all enjoyed the tasty, greasy pizza, I ate some chicken breast on whole-wheat bread. Actually, it wasn't that hard. I am so determined. But that pizza DID smell good!

I've been up for almost an hour now, so I'd better go fix some breakfast. Have a great day, everybody!

Jill

p.s. Lisa, I think twice-a-day workouts may work for some, but I honestly believe if I tried to do that, I'd be setting myself up for a great big burnout. I'd rather commit to doing my workout six days a week and sticking to that. I haven't done anything extra (other than one Saturday I did Cardio Core), but I also haven't missed a single workout.