A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Silver - I'm not sure, maybe. I'll just have some days where I want to eat more than usual and I've never known why. I also saw your post about instant messaging. I can't get do that, I stay on this website and check it often though and am more than happy to chat as much as I can on here.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Judie - woohoo! Way to go! Congrats on the weight loss! :happy: Try to enjoy your day off today, even though I am sure your men are keeping your occupied!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    WOW am I full ...... i finished off my ground turkey nachos VERY YUMMY ..... i cant believe how full i get ... my tummy as strank ... not complaining but its amazing
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Congrats Judie! That's great! Keep up the great work. I hope your husband is doing well being stuck in bed all the time.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Megan - where do you get all these recipes? What's the recipe for the turkey nachos? What was the other recipe that I asked you for? I remember you posting it, but I have no idea of where I'd find at in all our pages...lol
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Nevermind, I remembered and I found it - it was for the Indian Chicken Pita. I had a question though, I don't do spicy - what could I substitute for the curry paste?
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I picked back up smoking, but I think I"m gonna give it up again! So I'm getting rid of the pack I have now and I'm gonna start today!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Good for you Silver! I gave up smoking back in March and I've never looked back. :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I'm not really a big smoker anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard. :) Got my daughter back today. We started out with some tantrums, but she seems to be doing well now.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    What's your schedule with your daughter? Do you have shared parenting?

I have to laugh at how much I am posting today....I think it's more than I posted almost the entire week last week. I guess I was pre-occupied with more interesting things last week! :smooched:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Megan - where do you get all these recipes? What's the recipe for the turkey nachos? What was the other recipe that I asked you for? I remember you posting it, but I have no idea of where I'd find at in all our pages...lol
    I have the biggest loser cookbook (which i love)
    GROUND TURKEY NACHOS
    1 ounce baked tortilla chips (about 20 chips)
    3 ounces Jennie- O-Turkey or extra lean ground turkey( i used the whole thing)
    2Tbsp. canned fatfree refried beans
    1Tbsp. reduced-fat nacho cheese sauce
    2 Tbsp salsa, drained if watery
    1Tbsp fat free sour cream
    1 tsp. minched chives
    Arrange the chips in a medium shallow bowl . Set a small skillet over med-high heat until it is hot , remove and mist with olive oil spray. Set over med-high heat add the turkey( i added ms dash chiptole seasoning to the turkey before cooking it ) Cook breaking into chunks with a wooden spoon, for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. reduce the heat to low and sitr in the beans. meanwhile spoon the cheese sauce into a microwaveable bowl. microwave on low power n 15 second intervals until its warm. Spoon the turkey mixture evenly over the reserved chips. Drizzle on the cheese sacue , spoon on the salsa and sour cream . Sprinkle on the chives
    (I mix a pound of ground turkey and a whole can of fat free beans that way i have several meals )
    Per serving: 285 calories , 28g protein, 35g carbs 4g fat(less than 1g saturated, 37mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 522 mg sodium
    VERY YUMMY!!! ENJOY:happy:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Nevermind, I remembered and I found it - it was for the Indian Chicken Pita. I had a question though, I don't do spicy - what could I substitute for the curry paste?
    LisaC you coulduse dijon mustard insted of curry paste .. i do that at times when i dont have curry paste its still YUMMY
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    WOW whats with my fingers today ... i cant type and spell LOL LOL
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Megan - lol - we all have those days/times...lol

I may have to get that cookbook. How many calories was your lunch today?
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Okay, I'm having a totally blonde day. I see the calories now - must have been completely blind earlier! :laugh:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Bri - in case you see this I wanted to say congrats on the weightloss! I'm sorry to hear that you are so stressed, but I'm glad that you are still making progress. :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Megan - lol - we all have those days/times...lol

I may have to get that cookbook. How many calories was your lunch today?
    when i enter ground turkey nachos in the food it says 466 calories but in the book it says 285 .... its not really that important since i dont eat all my calories ever
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,696 Member
    Options
    Lisa, you need to get to our Beachbody Message Board thread once in a while. Angela is looking for you! :smile:

Jill
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I can't wait for my weigh in friday. Especially if I can keep up with working out every day!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Megan - I'm so happy to hear someone has the Biggest Loser Cookbook! I've wanted it for awhile, maybe it'll be my 20lbs lost reward :wink: Do you think the recipe's in it are "kid friendly"?? The nachos sound like something they would like:tongue: I have ALL the Weight Watcher cookbooks from my years of working there but I'm so burnt out and looking for new ideas. Thanks so much for sharing Megan!

Silver - GOOD JOB on quitting smoking! It's a hard battle but one your daughter will thank you for fighting. I still smoke once & awhile after the kids are FAST asleep but I want to stop it all again:blushing: