A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Woohoo - how was it? Did you get anything fun done?

I was just laughing, I just realized that my toe nails match my shirt today...:happy:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Woohoo - how was it? Did you get anything fun done?

I was just laughing, I just realized that my toe nails match my shirt today...:happy:
    i have the french manicure on my toes and fingers and i have gold dolphins on my fingernails (big time dolphin lover ) if i could i would have a real dolphin in my pool :tongue:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    lol - did you take the dolphin pictures that you have up yourself? I think that is so awesome!

Your nails sound beautiful! I love it when I have a french manicure done, it always looks so pretty and classic. Do you have natural or acrylic nails?

I wanted to ask (but I don't want to pry), how long has it been since your divorce?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    lol - did you take the dolphin pictures that you have up yourself? I think that is so awesome!

Your nails sound beautiful! I love it when I have a french manicure done, it always looks so pretty and classic. Do you have natural or acrylic nails?

I wanted to ask (but I don't want to pry), how long has it been since your divorce?
    no i found pics of dolphins on the internet
    my nails are real and long
    my divorce was finalized Jan 05(one of the happiest days of my life) and you arent prying
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Well they are awesome pictures!

I'm glad to hear that your divorce made you happy, you just never know what happened or why so you hate to ask! I'm all ears for anything that you want to share!

So, I'm on my own for the workout tonight. Josh is going over to a friend's house for guys night. Ok, I'm going to do this - I can't back out just because he won't be home!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Well they are awesome pictures!

I'm glad to hear that your divorce made you happy, you just never know what happened or why so you hate to ask! I'm all ears for anything that you want to share!

So, I'm on my own for the workout tonight. Josh is going over to a friend's house for guys night. Ok, I'm going to do this - I can't back out just because he won't be home!
    I do my workouts 1st thing in the morning .. that way my 3 year old wont be awake and in the way (its easier for me that way) ... and YES YOU CAN DO THIS
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm not doing backflips right now....For some odd reason I didn't even think about it or give myself enough credit this morning when I got dressed. I'm wearing pants that I bought after baby #1 but haven't worn since baby #2....They are size 12!!!! Granted I'm still a 14 in most things but I'm pulling these 12's up and down today without unzipping.....Why am I not happier??? Thought I'd write it down to make myself realize what an accomplishment it is! Guess I just get upset with what I can't wear yet instead of being happy with the fact that I was barely squeezing my tush into my 14's when I started and now I have a size 12 on my tush!:tongue:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    I can't believe I'm not doing backflips right now....For some odd reason I didn't even think about it or give myself enough credit this morning when I got dressed. I'm wearing pants that I bought after baby #1 but haven't worn since baby #2....They are size 12!!!! Granted I'm still a 14 in most things but I'm pulling these 12's up and down today without unzipping.....Why am I not happier??? Thought I'd write it down to make myself realize what an accomplishment it is! Guess I just get upset with what I can't wear yet instead of being happy with the fact that I was barely squeezing my tush into my 14's when I started and now I have a size 12 on my tush!:tongue:
    Congrats mamakat .... thats a big accomplishment BE PROUD and keep up the good work
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of being fat!!! I went to the mall today on my lunch with my skinny co-worker. She wanted to find some skinny jeans to wear hunting with her boots. (i know, she's funny) So I followed her around the mall from dressing room to dressing room. I got to stand in front of alot of mirrors, I just can't believe how big I've let myself get! I just don't know how it happened without me even noticing it! I know what its going to take to lose weight. I know how happy I am when I'm smaller. Why can't I just do it!? It's like I do good for a day or two and then go on a binge. I feel like I have no control over myself at all. Its just food. Once you swallowed it you feel the same as you did before you put it in your mouth. Is that taste for just a minute really worth being 200 pounds!? I'm sorry guys, I've been fighting my own brain for the past week. I needed to vent. It seems so simple to lose weight but its not! Here we go again!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    I'm so tired of being fat!!! I went to the mall today on my lunch with my skinny co-worker. She wanted to find some skinny jeans to wear hunting with her boots. (i know, she's funny) So I followed her around the mall from dressing room to dressing room. I got to stand in front of alot of mirrors, I just can't believe how big I've let myself get! I just don't know how it happened without me even noticing it! I know what its going to take to lose weight. I know how happy I am when I'm smaller. Why can't I just do it!? It's like I do good for a day or two and then go on a binge. I feel like I have no control over myself at all. Its just food. Once you swallowed it you feel the same as you did before you put it in your mouth. Is that taste for just a minute really worth being 200 pounds!? I'm sorry guys, I've been fighting my own brain for the past week. I needed to vent. It seems so simple to lose weight but its not! Here we go again!
    Be proud of the 6 pounds you have lost ...... when you feel like your gonna go on a eating splurge drink lots of water and grab that healthy food instead ......you can do this kim have faith in your self and take one day at a time and dont beat yourself up to bad just get back on track the following day .....we are here for you and we all have bad days so your not alone ..... YOU CAN DO THIS
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    also i drink green tea which helps me curb my appetite.... not saying it works for everyone but it does help me ..... you might consider it
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Sounds to me like your doing good fighting "the battle"....I have fought the battle for my whole life, fat kid, the whole deal...when I lost all my weight in my early 20's I thought I did it, I thought I won and ignored the battle....needless to say when I started on MFP I was the biggest I'd ever been (minus my last few months of pregnancy)....I'm working on changing my mindset to know that I'm not a "lucky girl" who never has to think about my food...I always will have to. I hate the feeling of having no control and I wish I had the magic cure....Food is my crutch, my addiction:grumble: I don't have any great words of wisdom just wanted you to know your not alone. I think your doing great! Your still here right???:drinker:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Kathy - that's wonderful! I know that we all seem to focus a little too much on the NUMBER that the scale shows us instead of looking at the results that we are getting! Great job! :flowerforyou:

Kim - do not give up on yourself. You know what you want and what you are going to do. I look at food as an addiction (I really do think it is) and it's going to be a struggle. The fact that you haven't given up shows that you are a strong woman! Keep fighting! I have faith in you! I want us all to adapt healthier lifestyles and feel more confident, but no one ever said it's going to be easy!

I'm struggling right now too. I gave in and ate Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake that was left from Elizabeth's birthday party last night even though I knew better. None of us are perfect and we are all here for each other through the ups and downs! :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Kathy - that's wonderful! I know that we all seem to focus a little too much on the NUMBER that the scale shows us instead of looking at the results that we are getting! Great job! :flowerforyou:

Kim - do not give up on yourself. You know what you want and what you are going to do. I look at food as an addiction (I really do think it is) and it's going to be a struggle. The fact that you haven't given up shows that you are a strong woman! Keep fighting! I have faith in you! I want us all to adapt healthier lifestyles and feel more confident, but no one ever said it's going to be easy!

I'm struggling right now too. I gave in and ate Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake that was left from Elizabeth's birthday party last night even though I knew better. None of us are perfect and we are all here for each other through the ups and downs! :flowerforyou:
    Have you tried the skinny cow icecream??... i bought the chocolate truffle bars THEY ARE YUMMY and only 100 calories
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall. I will hang in there. Every day is a new day. I know its going to be a challenge, but I know I can do this. I just get so mad at myself when I mess up. I feel like I don't have control of myself to make the right decision. I just need to stop thinking about it and just do it! ;) thanks for the advice yall!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Hey Lisa - don't sweat the ice cream...today is a new day.

However if anyone is looking for a good ice cream treat...I like the skinny cow but Love the snacksize drumsticks...I bought them as a treat for my kids (perfect size for their little hands) and fell in love. It's all real ice cream & chocolate so it taste's super sinful BUT it comes in a nice portion controlled cone:happy: They are 140 calories and come in chocolate, vanilla, cookie dough & chocolate brownie. The bonus is they are not cheap (I know your thinking what is Kathy talking about?!?!) but they are not cheap so their is NO WAY I'd eat the whole box!:laugh:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    For some reason Mozilla Firefox wouldn't let me onto the board, so I had to sign on using Internet Explorer! GRR! It was frustrating! I finally got rid of the cake that was leftover from Sharlotte's birthday party. YAY! Though it really wasn't that much temptation. I didn't really like it anyway. It was WAY to sweet.

I am trying a Parfait Delight right now with Sharlottte and it's incredibly sweet! It's almost nauseatingly sweet.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    MissKim, I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow! Yesterday I was so hungry! Today, I"m looking at my food diary and wondering where I'm gonna put it all!

MamaKat, those icecreams sound great. I can't keep ice cream in my freezer, for some reason it won't stay frozen. So I indulge in Sharlotte's snacks. Flipside Crackers!

LisaC, I can't remember if I said anything about you working out tonight alone, since your last post. But I know you can do it! Let the hubby go out for his guy's night and yell at Debbie on your own! LOL! :laugh:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Kathy - those ice creams do sound good. I'll have to see how I do with the cake...I can have a bit of an ice cream addiction at time - I do best not having any in the house. If I really am craving it I can go get A cone at our local ice cream stand. That's my safest bet of not binging (and I know it...lol) :laugh:

Okay, I decided that I am going to bump it to the next DVD in the Si6 series. Tonight's going to be Burn It Up. Whew! Bring it on Debbie!

You made me laugh Silver - I'm sure I'll be yelling something. :noway:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I forgot to ask you Megan - have you wanted to yell at Debbie yet? I was within 2-3 workouts...lol