What *don't* you track in your diary?

Options

Replies

• vampy25
    vampy25 Posts: 30
    Options
    I track EVERYTHING besides toothpaste, but i'm not eating that!

hahahaha love it.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Water. I'm not big into tracking it in general. Maybe I should pay a little more attention, but it's calorie-less, so I don't worry about it too much.
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    cookies.....i never track cookies! LOL!

Seriously though, I am with you. I don't track herbs mostly because of the time involved in tracking it. I do track almost everything else. However, there have been times when I added "extra calories" over all to my day because I took a small bite of a bagel or some other little nibble that is hard to account for.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I tend to not track things with calories.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Spices. Unless I enter it as a recipe, then I add the spices to that.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I log just about everything - the reason I log most spices and herbs is that if i really enjoyed something I want to have something to refer to - I rarely follow recipes so it helps me :smile:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    black coffee and spices, if i use creamer i track that for some reason.
  • ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I sometimes forget to log condiments. But not the ones with fat (mayo, dressing, etc.)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Anything that I eat between meals, or late at night. Otherwise, I will go int the red and it depresses me.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't track Vitamins, Mustard, seasonings and Spices.

I would/will track other condiments such as Ketchup and Mayo, and probably will track my fish oil supplement when it comes in (that's going to be over 100 cal a day so I need to track it).

I also don't track coffee (black) but track what I add -if it has calories. Don't track the Truvia, do track the Cream.

:)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Coffee and half & half. I usually come a bit under in my calories to make up the difference of the cream.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    water and diet soda...
  • fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I tend to not track things with calories.

Lol! That really made me laugh out loud.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Spices and no-calorie drinks.

^^THIS^^
    Sometimes I put my misc drinks just to make sure but, not usually.
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    Herbs, spice and vitamins. I should track my vitamins because I take a lot of them, but I don't and I probably never will because I don't want to ever think twice about taking them.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Gum
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    some booze, but that because i cant remember what i drank sometimes :S
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    No calorie drinks.
    Spices.
    Non-starch associate veggies.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Like you, I don't track spices. I add too many to the food that I cook to go about weighing and measuring them. Also, I don't add salt to my dishes so I'm not worried about not tracking the sodium that I've added.

I don't track my vitamins as I want to see what nutrients I'm getting from food rather than from supplements.

I also don't track crystal light or MiO. I'm aware that if I drink water containing a whole packet of Crystal Light I've consumed and extra 40 calories but I'm not so worried about that. I've also stopped track my water as I drink a TON of it and know that I'm getting all that I need in a day. I seriously just drank 32 oz of water in the past 10 minutes.

I sometimes take little bites of someone else's food or a recipe that I'm making for my family but don't actually intend on eating and I have no way of tracking that. Because of that, I generally try to keep room in my allotted calories for those "extras."

Everything else is carefully weighed on an electronic food scale. I like to know exactly what I'm putting in my body and the nutrients that I'm getting from them. I've been doing this long enough now that I know just about a serving of whatever I choose to eat. It's really helpful in a pinch.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't t track anything anymore!

I still log in and check my calorie count occasionally, just to see whereabout I'm eating. But I can subconsciously count calories easily enough these days I don't need to log. Plus I was beginning to focus on the number of calories rather than my overall health and wellness, which isn't what I wanted.

It's benefited me a lot too. My eating is better, and I've have more luck putting on muscle (probably because I'm eating more). I eat in the ballpark of 1400-1700 calories a day, regardless of if I work out.