What *don't* you track in your diary?

Options

Replies

• rumpusparable
    Options
    Spices and seasonings, certain sauces if I know they are very low calorie or I eat so little that I'm getting negligible amount from them.

Generally, if something is over 50 calories I log it.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    everything
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Most of the veggies on a Subway sandwich, even though I should for the sodium, if nothing else.

But I probably still won't.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say I don't track is the seasonings, I never really thought about counting the seasonings. Maybe I should? I count my coffee and stuff cus it does have calories in it.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i don't log diet sodas
  • HeatherNoyes
    HeatherNoyes Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Gum ( because that's just silly to me) and recently my crystal light. I only use 2 packets a day totally 20 calories...I track everything else though. The only reason I track coffee is because I track the creamer.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I don't track guilt and envy, even when other diaries have yummy desserts.

OH. food. I don't track spices, tea and herbs.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I track everything
  • DeidreWestover
    Options
    The milk I put in my tea, and a sometimes some of the fruit I eat
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Spices & Water
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Coffee and diet soda.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    spices, lemon juice (and similar), tea most of the time, water, sparkling water, coffee if I didn't add anything, stevia and other calorie free sweeteners, salt I add myself, I also don't track water on MFP.

Sometimes I forget about when I add a splash of juice or something to my water. It is at most an ounce, so I am not super worried about the calories, most of the time I use coconut water, so it might add 10 calories.

I also don't track gum, vitamins or medicines.

I don't bother counting herbs or small amounts of veggies or vinegar most of the time.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I track everything- including spices, lemon juice, vitamins (when I remember to take them), salt, pepper, etc. The only thing I don't track is sugar-free gum and water (too lazy)
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Weekends!

sigh...
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't track herbs and spices, tea and coffee.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    spices

I wouldn't track my vitamins, but logging them helps me remember if I've taken them or not
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Gum and no calorie sweetner..usually..or any small nibbles I have.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I don't track meds (including my vitamins) or dry seasonings other than salt. I track salt because I watch my sodium, this is why I also track mustard, hot sauce, and other similar items that have 0 or very few calories... I'm all about the sodium and keeping it as in line as I can. I'm sure I miss things from time to time, but I try to be as accurate as possible.

ETA: When I'm making a recipe on here for something, I add the spices and seasonings, but that's it as far as dry seasonings other than salt.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Onions (unless I'm eating a significant amount in a meal--say, half an onion or more), garlic, foods that are very low in caloric density like lettuce, mustard, lemon juice, spices, salt, vitamins/supplements.

I realize that these things DO have calories, but I have been on the neurotic "weight and track every bite that goes in my mouth" bandwagon before and.... Let's just say it did not work out well mentally for me. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

I tend to overestimate a bit the food I do weigh and track and underestimate my exercise calories, so I figure it evens out. This is all just estimation anyway.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    gum
    water
    diet pop
    spices