What *don't* you track in your diary?

Options

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Gum, spices, and occasional bites off of someone else's plate...as long as I'm not helping them eat their meal. Other than that, I try to track everything just to keep myself honest on my goal and progress.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I am Indian and use a mirage of spices in all my cooking. I track all the major ingredients and anything I think might have more than 10-20 calories. But I do not track individual spices and servings used.

What don't you track in your diary?

Edit: I don't track coffee/water as well.

Anything with no calories or nutritional value, including water.

BTW, I think you mean a melange, which means an "a large assortment," rather than mirage, which means "something that appears real but is not."
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I try to track everything because sometimes the foods that you think are low in calories might be, but they also might be high in other areas. I used to never track juice and then realized that one glass of orange juice has an un-godly amount of sugar in it! So I don't drink juice anymore (or not very often) and trade it in for a fresh orange. I track tea even though it has no calories, but only because I track my sugar with it.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Gum, I figure I burn more calories chewing it anyway lol
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    gum and spices except for salt.
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I track everything, especially since I'm just getting back into it. I have to watch my sodium, and lots of spices and diet sodas and almost zero calorie things like mustard and pickles all have sneaky sodium in them. I've also found out that some spices have potassium in them, which is something I struggle to get enough of! :D Maybe once I'm used to the sodium and potassium levels in spices, I'll stop tracking them, but for now I'm putting in every little thing so I'll learn what's in it, even if I'm just estimating.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't t track anything anymore!

I still log in and check my calorie count occasionally, just to see whereabout I'm eating. But I can subconsciously count calories easily enough these days I don't need to log. Plus I was beginning to focus on the number of calories rather than my overall health and wellness, which isn't what I wanted.

It's benefited me a lot too. My eating is better, and I've have more luck putting on muscle (probably because I'm eating more). I eat in the ballpark of 1400-1700 calories a day, regardless of if I work out.
    I'm getting like this too. I hardly track on the weekends anymore because I know I am under or close to my daily goal.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    -spices
    -water
    -tea
    -diet coke
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    i don't track water and coffee with creamer (usually non-fat milk) and usually I don't track alcohol (I have a whole thing about that I'd rather not go into here).

I also dont' track condiments, but I never ever eat mayo, so I'm good with mustard. I don't track vitimins, but mine don't have any calories.

The only other thing I don't track is when I go way over. I just don't even bother.

And, I don't track spices. I didn't even know they had calories. WTF!!!!!

And, I don't track gum.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Spices, herbs and DC like everyone else :) And garlic...never track garlic lol though I do eat a good amount of it. Gotta keep the vampires (and Twilght fans) away. Oh, and onion. Never track that unless I'm eating 1/4 cup+ of it
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I track EVERYTHING besides toothpaste, but i'm not eating that!

Love this! LOL
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I don't track the zero calorie beverages that i consume. i figure there is no point, since they are zero calories pretty much.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Don't track:

Gum
    I sometimes put crystal light truvia in my water and that's like 15 cals but I don't usually count it.
    Don't log spices / seasoning unless I'm creating a recipe
    I don't log cheat days. Or sometimes I start and then just decide to hell with it. :P

If I have a emotional / spur of the moment craving and I've already completed my journal I mentally make sure I'm not going over, but I don't always go back and put in the extra food.

I do log my coffee because I put cream and sugar in it, and that adds up.
    I try to log everything because I like having a record of what I'm eating, not just to keep accountable for calories. I think what you do and don't log has a lot to do with what your goals are too. :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I even track my vitamins.... so I don't think there is much I DONT track :)

I guessitmate on spices while cooking, but I always add in the salt and fat - condiments like ketchup/mayo add up FAST and I try to watch my sodium. I guess I don't pay much attention to pepper/cumin/coriander/curry etc..

This sounds just like me! I track practically everything. I do not enter my water on MFP but I keep a mental tally.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Coffee, diet soda or tea, vitamins, herbs and spices
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't track water, vitamins, supplements, items with no calories, and spices.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I tend to not track things with calories.

Lol! That really made me laugh out loud.

I had to go back and look because I was afraid that was what I wrote while meaning to say that I don't track things that do NOT have calories.

*Pours another cup of coffee*
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    NOTHING... if it goes in... I log it.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper, and often if my boyfriend offers me a bite or taste of whatever he's eating, I completely forget to log it.
  • fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am Indian and use a mirage of spices in all my cooking. I track all the major ingredients and anything I think might have more than 10-20 calories. But I do not track individual spices and servings used.

What don't you track in your diary?

Edit: I don't track coffee/water as well.

Anything with no calories or nutritional value, including water.

BTW, I think you mean a melange, which means an "a large assortment," rather than mirage, which means "something that appears real but is not."

Ha! Look at that - I did use it wrong. Thank you for that, appreciate it. =)