Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• wolfehound22
    wolfehound22 Posts: 887
    Options
    First off, it is your choice and I can respect that, but I do have a few comments.

- First whether its am man or a woman we all have different body types and goals, so this can cover both sexes.
    - Saying you don't friend request men out of respect to your husband boyfriend or whoever, makes me feel there are trust issues, sure there may not be, but really what is some random guy who is giving advice going to do. If he gets weird just drop him. Also do you also avoid every man in public, because by your logic, every man is looking to hit on you and so talking to even a new coworker is dangerous.
    - Both sexies I believe offer great advice, regardless of what there goals are, and sometimes getting the other genders point of view helps me in my goals.

If your coming her becasue this is your escape from en, and there are topics you want to only discuss with woman, I can totally respect that, I just can't understand the not doing it out of respect for your significant other, unless your a major flirt, I don't see an issue. Guess some peopel ruin all the fun for the rest of us.

Also anyone male or female can add me :), I promise I won't be to creepy :laugh:
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I like men.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    First off, it is your choice and I can respect that, but I do have a few comments.

- First whether its am man or a woman we all have different body types and goals, so this can cover both sexes.
    - Saying you don't friend request men out of respect to your husband boyfriend or whoever, makes me feel there are trust issues, sure there may not be, but really what is some random guy who is giving advice going to do. If he gets weird just drop him. Also do you also avoid every man in public, because by your logic, every man is looking to hit on you and so talking to even a new coworker is dangerous.
    - Both sexies I believe offer great advice, regardless of what there goals are, and sometimes getting the other genders point of view helps me in my goals.

If your coming her becasue this is your escape from en, and there are topics you want to only discuss with woman, I can totally respect that, I just can't understand the not doing it out of respect for your significant other, unless your a major flirt, I don't see an issue. Guess some peopel ruin all the fun for the rest of us.

Also anyone male or female can add me :), I promise I won't be to creepy :laugh:

And see, I understand not adding friends out of respect for your spouse. A joint decision made out of love and respect is completely different than a forced decision based in fear or jealousy.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I do, but I only have a handful of guys on there. I'm a married old hag, only girls tend to send me requests.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I generally don't because a male's goals do not match up to mine.

& unless they put a message on their FR I won't accept, especially if they have a FL full of women.
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    I do, but I only have a handful of guys on there. I'm a married old hag, only girls tend to send me requests.

You may be married but def NOT an old hag! :laugh:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I do because they offer a different viewpoint. Unless they send me a creepy message, I'm fine with them. XD
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    what about guys not on MFP?
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

Being a major flirt can be fun!!! ;-)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    The guys on my FL have been so supportive and flirting is a bonus :wink:
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This has been a wildly intresting read!!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would if I got any
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    i don't. i'm not here to flirt. that's just me, though.

You assume every guy is on here to flirt with you? One big, broad brush stroke and you got us all....
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I accept FR from anybody...support is support.

I just don't accept FR without a message.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

And see, I understand not adding friends out of respect for your spouse. A joint decision made out of love and respect is completely different than a forced decision based in fear or jealousy.

Definitely.

Why is this so hard for some people to acknowledge and respect...much less comprehend?
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't because I don't want to. It's MY choice.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yes- it has never occurred to me not to accept any type of friend request. I enjoy getting to know other people and learning from them though. Not everyone is that way.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Yes- it has never occurred to me not to accept any type of friend request. I enjoy getting to know other people and learning from them though. Not everyone is that way.

Same here...I never deny a request...even from people I've previously disliked. I mean...if it works out that I STILL dislike them, the delete button is just a couple clicks away.
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    Yes and who cares??
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do accept requests from guys on MFP. I find them to be very motivating and encouraging to me. I'm currently involved in a challenge and both the men and women have been overly supportive. We push each other to do our best and to become our best. Nothing better than that for me.

I'm here to encourage and support anybody who needs my help. Plus I can always use theirs. This is what MFP is about!!

Thanks