Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options
pinthin87
pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I accept because, well why not really?

Does every woman on your list have the same body type and goals as you? I doubt it. I add all people for encouragement. I do delete people that I don't interact with though.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I accept males and females, as long as their first message to me is not something creepy. End goal is to be in better shape and health. Both male and females can offer that kind of advice.

Edited to say that my trainer is a male and his knowledge helped me get this far..
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I accept requests from both. Some of my best support comes from my guy friends. I love getting opinions from both men and women. You do what you need to do for your own journey :smile:
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do not accept friend requests from men and I only have a small network of female friends. I am married and personally I do not feel compelled to talk to men I don't know (I also don't friend people on social networking sites that I don't know). I don't see anything wrong with either way, just a personal preference.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don't take advice from them. I find that men have a similar sense of humor to me, and similar general goals (increase strength). So I like the camaraderie but our bodies are too different to offer helpful advice.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don't take advice from them. I find that men have a similar sense of humor to me, and similar general goals (increase strength). So I like the camaraderie but our bodies are too different to offer helpful advice.

^^^this
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I accept both as well. As long as people are supportive, what does it matter? I like all sorts of conversations. I have some friends on here that I chat with more than others and a couple are guys. I think they are funny.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    As long as the person isn't an outright pervy creep, why not? Some men are great to have around for a good laugh or positive feedback, some really know what the hell they're talking about and what's the big deal? Do you not speak to men in your every day life?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    :( I can give good advice even though I lack estrogen. And I'm good for entertainment as well.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Yes, I accept friend requests from men. Some of my most active and supportive buddies here are men.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :( I can give good advice even though I lack estrogen. And I'm good for entertainment as well.

It's the lack of a vagina dude. Not estrogen.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    nope. i don't like boys. they scare me.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    from a dude? NO WAY! That would just be KRAZEEEEE
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options

^ true story.

I don't understand why you would limit yourself like that. Friendship, encouragement and motivation is good no matter which sex it comes from.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    nope. i don't like boys. they scare me.

me too
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    my most supportive & encouraging "pals" are guys who are complete strangers. :)
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I accept requests from both because I love people that have different perspectives and methods. :flowerforyou:
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have a few male friends. I just dont accept friend requests from men that dont have a message. I dont have time for creepers. ;)
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Some of my biggest supporters are guys and I love them!!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yup. Some of my fav Mfp people are guys. I can not imagine my list (or inbox) without em :P