Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I'm on a journey to a lifestyle change and I will accept as much help, humor and support as I can get and would leave no stone unturned.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I personally do not. Its a respect thing for my husband. but that is a personal preference. But to each there own :happy:
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I accept requests from men, some of the best pointers I've gotten so far have been men, even one friend was willing to do a little research for me because he didn't know the answer to my question right off.. I enjoy the camaraderie, the jokes, and the motivation - it never hurt my feelings when a male friend said "looking good, you're doing a great job, way to be dedicated and motivated". and a little harmless non-pervy flirting never hurt my good mood either :drinker:

edited to fix mom-pervy - cause like, that would be a bit PeRvY :noway:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I would say that approximately half of my FL is male and I adore them.

Why?

Well, a lot of them lift heavy things and have good advice for me if I need it about lifting heavy things.
    They also are less bothered than a lot of women when I spout my bipolar nonsense on my wall.
    Oh, and they're nice to look at, too.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    at first i wasn't going to but i have a few.. and they are awesome supports not stalkers or creeps. i like to read what they have to say about different topics on this journey.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Yes I do!! All the guys on my FL have been great!!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i don't. i'm not here to flirt. that's just me, though.

ack.. is that what this is about? i'm so slacking then, guess i best get hoppin on that flirting thing didnt realize this was the place to sharpen those skills
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    They like me to be friends because I am am member of Manwhores!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Only the perverts!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

I can understand not wanting to socialize with men on this site -- but I don't understand your reasoning behind it. Why would "their bodies are different" have any bearing on whether or not you have them on your friends list?
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! It's like asking to be assaulted.

In an alley? I though you liked that kind of thing ;)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! It's like asking to be assaulted.

Via an anonymous internet site? Wow. Webcam technology must have moved on some since I last used one, LOL
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

Seriously though..yes our bodies are different and that is WHY you should have male friends. Your prefernce is your preference. Personally I would only have 10-20 guy friends on MFP instead of 540 plus beautiful female friends i have. They kick *kitten* and are supportive. You have your preferences but if thats your reason..not really a good one.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    A accept FR from men on here. And FB. And in real life. And I am a happily married woman, who just happens to dig the company of men, in cyber space and real life.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Most of my MFP friends are girls but i tend to add guys who have similar personalities and fitness goals to mine. My goals right now center on lifting weights (better form, more weight, and nutrition that supports those goals).

I also have a soft spot of Agnostics, Pagans, Goths, Metalheads, Tattooed Freaks, Rockabilly dudes/chicks and others of that ilk :):D you know, so long as they eat clean, keep me motivated and lift, hahahaha :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

this response makes me think if I'm not going to accept men's FR, why would I accept anyone who was not competing and/or looking for that type of lifestyle? Support comes in all forms, whether similar to our goals, different starting positions or *gasp* opposite sex.
  • bjbex
    bjbex Posts: 24
    Options
    I never get requests...booo :( lol xxxx
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sometimes they are full of good advice.

I've had a few creeps along the way that were just in it for the female friend collection and they got the boot!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I do, even though our bodies are way different I feel we're all here for the same reasons.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm totally on here to flirt. So....hey guys, who wants to flirt? MFP would be so boring without hot men to flirt with.