Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• jessicae1aine
    Options
    We're all different. I don't have a single friend who has the same body as me, same body issues as me.

Basic biology between men and women is all the same - we have fat, we have muscles, we burn calories.

No reason we're "too different" - so yes, I accept.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure if this is a serious thread or not. Give me a minute.

In the meantime, please stand there without your shirt on. K?
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Sure do...I like having a variety of friends online and irl... I could really not care ir our goals are the same so long as they are supportive and entertaining ill add them.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    nope. i don't like boys. they scare me.

Yeah...you always seemed so frightened of me....:flowerforyou:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Do what you feel you need to do... But let me say I have coed supporters and they all are awesome. The guys can sometimes give you a perspective on fitness you wouldnt see with the ladies. On top of that, for me its not about the same body type workout stuff. Its about the having some one there to cheer you on. And since I have some real life friends on here too (male and female) as well as the hubs I choose not to stick with one gender.
    but to each his own
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I stalked their profiles first and if it isn't filled with MFP girls in underwear, I will consider accepting a friend request.

Males only made friend requests when I had my progress picture of me in a bikini on my profile. It pretty much summed up what type of female friends they were looking for.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My guy friends on here are amazing. So are my lady friends. They offer different perspectives, but I really like having a variety of opinions and information. My guy friends got me into lifting, and I'm so thankful for that.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I accept both male or female friend requests. MFP is about supporting healthy eating habits and exercise, both sexes need support, so why not?
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Nope, unless I know them in real life.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

Yeah that's why i try not to accept men either..lol
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don't take advice from them. I find that men have a similar sense of humor to me, and similar general goals (increase strength). So I like the camaraderie but our bodies are too different to offer helpful advice.

^^^this

^^ I'll second that
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    20% of my Pals are male....and I have gotten so so many great tips for them, tons of support, major go-getters..... The sight is about support to each it's on that doesn't want them but my guys on my list are pretty darn awesome.....
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes. Men, women, and everything in between. :drinker:

:happy:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I accept requests from both men and women. i feel that both sexes can add value to the topics at hand..I have the same support from my male friends as I get from my female friends..
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't mind - just looking to swap ideas and support. Can't see why it matters - but then I don't look for people the same age, weight, height, or anything else. Don't accept friends without a message, don't let the number het too high, and after a while quietly drop those who don't post, because then I'm no use to them nor they to me, might as well make room for others.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I accept guys as friends, no problem. But I make it clear in my profile that I'm not looking for dates. Lots of fun interesting guys on my friends list. I enjoy them.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    no, i do not. just a personal choice. i'm married and think it a poor choice to "friend" men on any social network that my husband does not know.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    i don't. i'm not here to flirt. that's just me, though.

Why would it be about flirting? I accept all friend requests, doesn't mean I'm going to go all 50 Shades on them if they're male, well unless they ask really nicely....
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I accept because:

#1, I love men and get along with them way better than women. Most, not all, but most women are caddy.

#2, I've had recent questions about protein shakes and weight lifting. I trust the males opinion on these topics more than I would a female's. I know I'll probably hear it for that comment but it's my personal opinion.

#3, Did I mention I love men!!! :love: :bigsmile: :blushing: :laugh:

I agree with #1 and #3, but #2... exactly, its a different perspective that you aren't going to see being a woman surrounded by other women. You need the diversity to break out of the mold. once again though just my opinion
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Equal opportunity friend accepter