Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    yep I accept guy request even though we are different bodywise I don't have too many guys on my list but they are great motivators and my boys are funny so I look forward to what they post that will bring a smile to my face. I have no complains on my guy pals plus they are good eye candy lol
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Goodness no! All the men on here are only after one thing....

Someone to make them a sammich :bigsmile:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course. Why would I exclude half the population just based on what equipment they have?
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Why ladies? I'm a pretty cool guy. :o(

xFIcG.jpg

I hate how so many girls on here think that ALL guys want to add them to stalk their photos or something - some of us just want new friends on here to stay motivated/help motivate. Making assumptions about people due to preconceived generalizations is one of the worst social practices on this site...
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Can't say that I understand this at all, but I respect your preference. I accept requests from both, and have friended both,as well, if I feel that it would be a mutually beneficial, supportive endeavor. What difference does it make if our bodies are not exactly the same? Men can still possess knowledge about nutrition and strength training, as well as be supportive and encouraging, humorous, and also in need of support themselves, and not every man just goes around hitting on every female on every website, if that's a fear...
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    At first I was on the no way am I going to have some random guy watching me lose weight. However, there are some things that only a guy can say to help you stay motivated. My husband loves me no matter what but sometimes, i just need an opinon from the opp sex. Some girls are to nice and afaid to hurt your feelings. I dont have many guys on mine. maybe 2 or 3 . But they comment on my diary. 1 of them likes to ride his bike. I do also, so its kind of cool to see how far each of us can push ourselves.

honeslty, how many of your MFP pals have the EXACT same journey as you? Height Weight age goals etc. Me I like to have a variety. so when i start to loose more of the weight, not only do i have friends that have Alot to loose but I have some that are toning now. Your learn so much from everything even if they are not exactly like you.

I say add a few and see how it goes. if you are total creeped out by it then delete that person. ITs not that big of a deal..
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I accept because:

#1, I love men and get along with them way better than women. Most, not all, but most women are caddy.

#2, I've had recent questions about protein shakes and weight lifting. I trust the males opinion on these topics more than I would a female's. I know I'll probably hear it for that comment but it's my personal opinion.

#3, Did I mention I love men!!! :love: :bigsmile: :blushing: :laugh:

Women are caddy? Do you mean that they carry your bag and wash your balls for you? Do they know the yardage to the pin?
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you would limit yourself like that. Friendship, encouragement and motivation is good no matter which sex it comes from.

^^ What she said!! :smile:
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sure...support is support, no matter what gender it comes from. :smile:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Umm, yes. They are people too, and here for generally the same reason we are.
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do...as a matter of fact...all men can friend me lol. I fine it odd that you say men and women bodies are different...but I bet if you needed a heart transplant, you wouldn't ask which sex it came from...
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    i don't. i'm not here to flirt. that's just me, though.

Who ever said: " No I'm not here to flirt"...Who says that, just because a guy adds you or a girl adds a guy, that their intentions are to flirt? I'm assuming that you don't flirt with every guy you interact with, or maybe you do in that case I wouldn't want to friend you anyway :P Guess my response just proved your little theory wrong!
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yeah, I accept. I believe that everyone has tips and strategies to offer and words of encouragement and support regardless of sex/gender. It really doesn't bother me. :-D
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    They send me the friend requests :laugh:

Yum
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I accept FR from anyone with a message, I keep them because they are awesome and keep me entertained. I very rarely FR people...Thats probably the fat kid in me being shy haha

Most of my friends list is chicks, I consider that winning...Since I can't talk to girls IRL LOL
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love everyone so I accept everyone. All my male friends are respectful to me, so I've never had an issue w/ a male where I had to delete him. Most of my male friends are married anyway. I can understand married women being cautious and even single women too because not everyone on here has good intentions and some men can misunderstand friendship w/ a woman and starting taking it somewhere else, so you have to use wisdom.......................
  • molliewitt
    molliewitt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Who ever says no I'm sending you a friend request

Make sure to be creepy about it!
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I can understand your perspective, but I think many of us are just here to provide support and encouragement to one another - regardless of sex. And to address some of the other "creeper" comments - at least for me - I'm happily married with two daughters so I'm not here to creep on anyone. Just a guy with weight loss and fitness goals in mind - willing to support any/all friends!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    20% of my Pals are male....and I have gotten so so many great tips for them, tons of support, major go-getters..... The sight is about support to each it's on that doesn't want them but my guys on my list are pretty darn awesome.....

Of course we are! Maybe some women just can't trust themself accepting a FR from a guy because we men are too damn irresistable? I dunno...
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i don't. i'm not here to flirt. that's just me, though.

Making friends that lend support and a good laugh has nothing to do with flirting. You can't have male friends and not flirt?