Do girls really....?

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband is a fabulous cook, which is how I managed to gain all my weight. Now he is very supportive of my weight loss and cooks healthier recipes. He cooks every night and cleans up, too. Even if I tell him I will clean up, he won't let me. He is disabled and home all day and he says that it's the least he can do since I am at work all day. We've been married 20 years. I couldn't ask for a better husband.
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    Cook for this girl, it's a huge plus in my book
  • RetroMoobs
    RetroMoobs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do hope so as it's what I do for a living !

Then again I do it with the missus so it must be true ;)
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Like the majority of the women have already posted.. YES!!

In fact, in my circle of friends, having a husband or boyfriend that is a good cook, it's a bragging point. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I Love, Love, Love to cook!! Enjoy seeing a smile on people's faces. Enjoy cooking for my love because it gives her a break from the heat of the kitchen and not to mention the cleanup!! I guess I just enjoy doing the little things......

Would LOVE to open a comfort food restaurant/pub someday before I get put out to pasture!!

**winks** and you do it wel babe
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Yep, like a man who knows how to cook. My ex loved to cook - in fact he HATED it when I tried helping. Likes to do it his way without interference. I guess woman can be the same though on occasions.

But, yeah, a guy who is domesticated is a plus in my book.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Definitely YAY. My fiance actually cooks most of the week as he is currently unemployed and I don't get home until 6pm. If I want to eat before 7 (which I definitely DO), he cooks. Then I normally cook on the weekends.

He never used to enjoy cooking because I guess anyone he'd ever cooked for never showed their appreciation for it. I love it when he cooks. He cooks easy things, though. I'm the one who experiments.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love it when my hubby cooks for me. I wish he would do it more.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Yep, hence why I'm marrying a chef.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Totally hot!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I suck at cooking so the fact that my husband is the cook in the house is a plus. There are only so many salads I can eat lol.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I love a man that can cook! Its super sexy :)
  • ANB22
    ANB22 Posts: 64
    Options
    Well I can't speak for everyone but I think if a man can cook something that isn't microwaved or from a box- it is super sexy!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OMG My husband is the BEST cook. And he enjoys it. AND the best part is he cooks special for me. Even if he wants something fried, he'll make me something baked. Even if he wants to load the cheese on top, he'll spare some without cheese. Even if he wants red meat, he'll cook me white.

somehow, he just has magic taste buds that know how to pull together spices and seasonings so that they just dance on your tongue. And his meats are all tender, all the time.

So, I guess, since I love him and all, I do love that he can cook. My ex certainly couldn't, and I'm not a huge fan of cooking just because of the time it takes. I'm not lazy, but there are other things I need to do!!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yep, like a man who knows how to cook. My ex loved to cook - in fact he HATED it when I tried helping. Likes to do it his way without interference. I guess woman can be the same though on occasions.

But, yeah, a guy who is domesticated is a plus in my book.

Yup. My husband HATES it if I'm in the kitchen when he's trying to cook. LOL
  • djlambson
    djlambson Posts: 3
    Options
    cooking is great..but if the kitchen is a disaster that I have to clean up then I would farrr rather cook it myself and have him to the clean up. I'm a neat cook. :-)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Last nights dinner was fantastic. Thought my daughter was going to join me, but she didn't, which bummed me out a little. I made one of our favorites too:

pork tenderloin
    rice
    artichokes

It's so hard to get motivated to cook for 1. I'm trying, it's just not easy.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    like men who can cook? And I don't mean just BBQ either. I'm talking all kinds of hearty cuisine that can put you in a food coma.

Suppose to be on a date with this girl I've been seeing for a while and last couple of times I've just been hitting the bars or something where I just sipped on a can of coke (I know...manly right?) but this time I wanna cook and have the date at my place instead.

So ladies, men cooking for you. Yay or Nay?

for me? not really.
    only because i'm incredibly picky and don't like a lot of stuff.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Men who can cook are sooooo sexy. My boyfriend is a great cook, which is probably why I gained like 30 pounds since we first met a few years ago. I think you should totally go through with this date idea!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    like men who can cook? And I don't mean just BBQ either. I'm talking all kinds of hearty cuisine that can put you in a food coma.

Suppose to be on a date with this girl I've been seeing for a while and last couple of times I've just been hitting the bars or something where I just sipped on a can of coke (I know...manly right?) but this time I wanna cook and have the date at my place instead.

So ladies, men cooking for you. Yay or Nay?

for me? not really.
    only because i'm incredibly picky and don't like a lot of stuff.

LOL you sound like quite the catch