Do girls really....?

Options

Replies

• margejonez
    margejonez Posts: 14
    Options
    Definately a Yay!!!!! Drinking coke is also awesome...in my opinion YOUR THE MAN!!!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Yes, girls really do like a man who can cook. I've been married 23 years to a fabulous man, and although he can cook simple things, it is greatly appreciated when he does and it's so romantic to me that he tries. I don't mind doing the cooking, and over the years I"ve become quite good at it (hence my need to be on this site! Ha ha) but seriously...don't worry about cooking for your friend. If she's the right one, she'll swoon over your cooking and you'll have her hooked for life! Best of luck to you!
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love to cook, but i only wear an apron backwards.

You can come cook for me anytime...
  • Vgrindle
    Vgrindle Posts: 23
    Options
    Absolutely! It's a huge turn on when my man cooks for me! It's nice to be taken care of every now and then.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    i don't i mean it doesnt make me dislike them but i like to cook and when my boyfriend comes into the kitchen i kick him out ... i like to serve people in that way plus i don't plus i like to know exactly what is going into my food
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Man that can cook food that is awesome = very good.

I introduced my husband to tater tot hot dish and hamburger helper. Then, shortly after, his cooking abilities were established and I eat more than tater tot hot dish. The man has made so many amazing things that I have never had before him. He does ends up cooking probably all except two nights out of a month, but I think he accepts it so that he doesn't have to eat hot dish.

Of course he's not a native Minnesotan. So he doesn't appreciate hot dish was much as he should.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    When I was dating my husband, I found it very hot when he cooked. He's a good cook too! It didn't happen too often because I tend to get possessive and control-freaky about my kitchen, but it was definitely hot. Now I still find it hot when he cooks, but hate cleaning up the mess later. So its hotter when he cleans up afterwards! :wink:
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Loveeeee who my man cooks for me!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes!

Don't make toooo much of a show of it, and find out things she likes, shes hates, and bear that in mind. Don't do anything so demanding that it's going take too much time and attention away from your date together, which is the important bit - so prep in advance, no more than 20 mins cooking or she'll get bored. Reasonable to ask her to help a little - like asking her to pass things over, keep her involved and the talk going, not like she's having to work. Hope it goes great!
  • beckylynn528
    Options
    Definitely!
    My husband is NOT a cook, but when he tries I love him even more. So, in my eyes it doesn't even have to be fancy. If my husband cooked a frozen pizza I'd get all giddy. :)
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My husband hooked me by cooking for me. It wasn't even the quality of the food, it was that he put time and effort into doing something for me. A far cry from the guy before him whose idea of a hot date was splitting the bill at the local drive through.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    All the men in my family are fabulous cooks. So I don't think of it as something "sexy" because it would be weird to think of my father and brothers that way. But it's nice, that's for sure.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A man that can cook is very very very sexy. But please keep the cooking mess to a minimum... fellas need to clean as they go! Leaving a big mess is a big turn-off.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! My husband does all the cooking, and we both like it that way. :bigsmile: Go for it!
  • Silence88
    Silence88 Posts: 26
    Options
    Oh, absolutely!!!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Double YAY!!!
  • MsDivineM
    MsDivineM Posts: 48
    Options
    Hubby is a far better cook then I. I have yet to ever cook a holiday meal in 15 years, he does them all or we go out. Not to say I'm not a good cook, he's just better.
  • Trilaina
    Trilaina Posts: 61
    Options
    I love when my can cooks, it's even better if I can be in the kitchen with him. So much fun, and it's a great time to bond. ^.^
  • angel_marcelle
    angel_marcelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! She's a lucky girl :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think it's sweet but I realllyy love to cook. A guy who loves to cook also would kind of be stealing my "thing'' lol.

Personally, i like a guy who can build and fix things.

I don't plan to make it a typical thing lol. It's just something to do for a date where she can try out real authentic Asian cuisines rather than the bastardized American versions of it.

Sadly unless its electronics, I'm not a builder/fixer :(

Even better, I'm an electrical engineer, so its close enough :flowerforyou: