What do you waste your money on?

Options

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am pretty frugal as well, but I find that I waste my money on clothes, shoes and bags. Even with all the deals it all adds up....
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Books! I read about 100pgs an hour so the books I buy, I usually read and finish the same day I get. I feel guilty when I buy a new book and still have one at home that I haven't read yet. I have always re-read books because I read so fast but for some reason that really bothers my husband so every time we're at the store, he makes me buy a book...which is no hardship for me, but I still feel guilty.

I spent the last 8 years barely having anything left after my bills were paid and now that I'm in a better job and have $$ left over after bills, I still can't quite shake the guilty feeling when I buy stuff I don't need whether it's books or or clothes.

have you tried the library?
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and concert tickets. Since when did rock musicians start charging $100 per ticket. I used to see my favorite bands play for $30 in the 80's. Now, i just bought tickets for Jack white, almost $100. He is not really wroth that to see live, IMO. Total waste of $$$$. Brain Setzer was close to $100. And Iron Mainden $125.

Holy crap where do you see them? I saw Maiden in Houston a few months back for like 20 bucks.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Dresses at Forever 21. I always buy at least two.
    I also like to buy food even though I have plenty at home already lol.
    Concerts!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I prefer to say "splurge" . . . I like girly, sparkly things and shoes. I've got more high heel shoes than all the hookers in Vegas.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    shoes! and.....more shoes :heart:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and concert tickets. Since when did rock musicians start charging $100 per ticket. I used to see my favorite bands play for $30 in the 80's. Now, i just bought tickets for Jack white, almost $100. He is not really wroth that to see live, IMO. Total waste of $$$$. Brain Setzer was close to $100. And Iron Mainden $125.

Holy crap where do you see them? I saw Maiden in Houston a few months back for like 20 bucks.

I guess it's life in the big city. I guess Houston is a big city, but maybe the demand is not as high. Even at $100 a pop, they are selling out. But, not as fast as they used to. They used to sell out in 3 seconds. They have slowly been increasing the price, and that seems to have solved the problem. It seems that it's easy to get tickets now, you just have to be picky. I really want to see Neil Young, but I can't afford it.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Used to be starbucks and fast food, now it's jewelry and shoes!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    I'm overly generous and try to be good to my friends. But, when they take advantage if my money and my kindness I feel that is a total waste. I'm out "X" anmount of dollars and they haven't spent a dime.

I gotta fix that.

Yes, this. When I go out I end up wanting to pay, because I know I make more than the people I generally go out with. When they start expecting it, it gets frustrating though.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I wont even lie...I have a ton of shoes
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    wine.woot.com
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    I sell mark. products (which is Avon's boutique brand) and I get a discount, so usually stuff from there!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    unfortunately due to small parasites that grew and detached themselves from my body and now reside in my house and eat all my food, I don't have any money to waste!!!!

^^This!^^ Same parasites insist on college too!
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    My daughter! I have a habit of buying her pretty dresses and shoes yet i neglect myself and hardly have any clothes :noway:
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    ah. I have a few digital watches, most of my watch money is spent on "high quality" watches. people talk trash cause of how expensive they can be, but hey I like em. So I buy em.

and yes. tattoos. I forgot to mention that. Getting a new one here in a few weeks I hope.

What type of watches?? My husband is really big into watches. I'm always trying to find ones to surprise him with. Of course, the higher end watches are few and far between.. but it it gives me ideas to start planning. I just got him a Wittnauer for his birthday / father's day.

I have one Whittnauer, they're nice. I bought a Movado and a Bulova this weekend. Bulova are good for being considered a higher end watch, they're pretty affordable (as far as watches go, in the 200-500 dollar range). But you can even find some on sales for sub 100.

I LOVE watches, have a lot, and a huge watch case. So if you have any questions or need ideas, feel free to hit me up!
  • sumeetn
    sumeetn Posts: 56
    Options
    unfortunately due to small parasites that grew and detached themselves from my body and now reside in my house and eat all my food, I don't have any money to waste!!!!
    lol
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    antique books and dolls
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I spend my money on stuff I like and that my family wants/needs. I used to waste my money on cigarettes..no more though :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Hookers && Blow...
    Yeah I was way late on this one....def got my vote....total charlie sheen benders yep yep \m/
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    On glitter! I seem to buy lots of glitter...a dollar's worth at a time.