Swimsuits & workout dvd's
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Clothes, Hair dye, Makeup, Shoes, Movies, CD's
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Hot male "therapists" with really big hands.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    -Drive-thru coffee and snacks ( like if I take the kids out to the playground, i generally forget to pack snacks or check that we still have some in the diaper bag so then I go to McDonalds get them apple slices and juice, maybe a grilled cheese and I get an iced coffee and an oatmeal mmm)
    -coffee before class ( I get one and then walk around before class starts
    -water bottles ( I forget my reusable at home ALL THE TIME!
    -Anything at the dollar store, "hey this is only 1$ Im gonna get it " 55 items later thats 55$ plus tax umm yeah not a great bargain anymore
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I find myself slowly getting addicted to Groupon. Been buying way more deals from it than I originally intended. Also, music from my cell phone's Google Play Store and e-books from Amazon's Kindle Store. It's waaay too easy to buy stuff with just a click of a mouse button these days!
    ^^This is totally me!! I now ask for Amazon giftcards for all holidays so I can buy more music and books.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    1930s dresses
    knitting patterns and yarn
    red wine
    the occasional narcotics binge
    good steak
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm typically a fairly frugal person.

But sometimes I say screw it, and go spend money on some pretty neat (if useless) things. Recently I bought an expensive pair of sunglasses and some watches. In the past it's been things like one of those ecospheres. Right now, I'm totally thinking of buying this : http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/e7f1/?icpg=Banner_MeltingClock_20120617

So, what's your guilty pleasure for just throwing away your money?

Amazon is one of the thorns in my side! Great as it is to be able to get near enough anything on there, I periodically search through and end up buying yet MORE DVDs, running tops, running bottoms and anything else that takes my fancy.

I really have to cease now, before my credit card bursts into flames.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Books! I read about 100pgs an hour so the books I buy, I usually read and finish the same day I get. I feel guilty when I buy a new book and still have one at home that I haven't read yet. I have always re-read books because I read so fast but for some reason that really bothers my husband so every time we're at the store, he makes me buy a book...which is no hardship for me, but I still feel guilty.

I spent the last 8 years barely having anything left after my bills were paid and now that I'm in a better job and have $$ left over after bills, I still can't quite shake the guilty feeling when I buy stuff I don't need whether it's books or or clothes.

have you tried the library?

I live 90 miles from the library, so no, not really. I would only get there once a week if that since sometimes I don't get there til after they close, it's not really useful to me. When I did live closer to the library, I used it in conjunction with buying books but I still went through huge amounts of books. But, since I also like to reread them, it's worth it to me to own them I have some books that are so worn and falling apart!
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cars, and toys for my cars! I've got a 2007 Charger R/T that I have customized, and I've got a 2013 Mustang GT on its way.

Tell me how you like the GT. I'm in the market, and almost made the leap, but I've never had a mustang before, and that's a lot for something I'm not 100% sure I'd like haha.

It is supposed to show up on July 5th, so I will let you know. The test drive was awesome, so much power, and so much fun with the 6-speed manual. I've wanted one since I was about 10 years old, and couldn't fit into them until I finally lost the weight. It's my present to myself for reaching my goal.

Yea, I test drove that, and I test drove a Challenger R/T. Honestly the Stang felt like it had more power. Plus, the Challenger was an automatic. Who the hell wants a muscle car in automatic?

Def let me know, because I'm leaning closer and closer to saying screw it, and just getting one. But if I wait till like April, I can go for the Boss 302. Just don't know if I need the extra lol. I mean, you can always throw a supercharger in it.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Video games and video-game related stuff usually.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Shoes... I buy a lot of shoes
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids.....:bigsmile:
    They help out much when it comes to wasted money...
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    LOL -- what money? I am a broke college student. It went to college and Converse :)
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Dolls...really expensive dolls...like $600+ each.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Now that I can buy clothes off the rack from some great stores.. Shopping! I have a new wardrobe to buy. Shoes.. yes even my feet shrank.

I love to travel and go to concerts and games. Anything that keeps me busy and moving! I'm there!

I feel great, I want to look great!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I find myself slowly getting addicted to Groupon. Been buying way more deals from it than I originally intended. Also, music from my cell phone's Google Play Store and e-books from Amazon's Kindle Store. It's waaay too easy to buy stuff with just a click of a mouse button these days!

^^^^ ME! I am so bad about online shopping. BAAADDD
    ♥ Tattoos
    ♥ Hair dye
    ♥ Doggie toys
    ♥ Clothes that I wear once and decide I HATE it
    ♥ Random nonsense like old mobster pics that are framed throughout my house

I really should stop spending so much money, I need to be saving for my Hot rod that I want to restore...I am just horrid with money.....

Minus the mobster pics and doggie toys THIS IS ME TOO!!!
  • fjthegreat
    fjthegreat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    on fooodd man...tht is why im still kinda stuck here....junk food...kfc pizza burgers nd mc donalds...omg...i like...u know...buy for myself nd my friends and family...nice though... :p
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Giving in to my husband when he wants to buy something that I see no value in:grumble:
  • hataxa1
    hataxa1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Groupon and LivingSocial are a curse, I tell ya! Why, oh why, did I give them my email. It's terrible...
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    DVDs.