What do you waste your money on?

Options

Replies

• MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and concert tickets. Since when did rock musicians start charging $100 per ticket. I used to see my favorite bands play for $30 in the 80's. Now, i just bought tickets for Jack white, almost $100. He is not really wroth that to see live, IMO. Total waste of $$$$. Brain Setzer was close to $100. And Iron Mainden $125.

Holy crap where do you see them? I saw Maiden in Houston a few months back for like 20 bucks.

I guess it's life in the big city.

I generally try to catch shows at smaller venues, I guess that's why they're cheaper. For the Chili Peppers I shelled out quite a few bucks though.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Cars, and toys for my cars! I've got a 2007 Charger R/T that I have customized, and I've got a 2013 Mustang GT on its way.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Another one for books. I have a kindle with about 40 'to be read' on it plus I read 4-5 paperbacks a week (during non uni time). I cannot resist buying books. I hate used books so no point in suggesting the library to me, just the thought makes me shiver!

I do sell a lot of books on via green metropolis thoug, donating to dogs trust at the same time, but there are some books you HAVE to re-read and so my bookcases and walls are filling up!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    :frown: Don't get to......mine goes for fuel..............
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a waste, but my two extreme weaknesses are Halloween decorations and Christmas ornaments. :-) Can't ever pass up a good one.

Other than that - things I could cut back on: books, eating out (getting better at that since joining MFP) and jewelry.
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    Cars, and toys for my cars! I've got a 2007 Charger R/T that I have customized, and I've got a 2013 Mustang GT on its way.

Tell me how you like the GT. I'm in the market, and almost made the leap, but I've never had a mustang before, and that's a lot for something I'm not 100% sure I'd like haha.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    jewelry! rings, rings, rings! I love sparkly accessories!

and beads to make jewelry - however, I never quite get to making it.
    and fabric, but I rarely sew.

#crafthoarder
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ah. I have a few digital watches, most of my watch money is spent on "high quality" watches. people talk trash cause of how expensive they can be, but hey I like em. So I buy em.

and yes. tattoos. I forgot to mention that. Getting a new one here in a few weeks I hope.

What type of watches?? My husband is really big into watches. I'm always trying to find ones to surprise him with. Of course, the higher end watches are few and far between.. but it it gives me ideas to start planning. I just got him a Wittnauer for his birthday / father's day.

I have one Whittnauer, they're nice. I bought a Movado and a Bulova this weekend. Bulova are good for being considered a higher end watch, they're pretty affordable (as far as watches go, in the 200-500 dollar range). But you can even find some on sales for sub 100.

I LOVE watches, have a lot, and a huge watch case. So if you have any questions or need ideas, feel free to hit me up!

I will do that!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and concert tickets. Since when did rock musicians start charging $100 per ticket. I used to see my favorite bands play for $30 in the 80's. Now, i just bought tickets for Jack white, almost $100. He is not really wroth that to see live, IMO. Total waste of $$$$. Brain Setzer was close to $100. And Iron Mainden $125.

Holy crap where do you see them? I saw Maiden in Houston a few months back for like 20 bucks.

I generally try to catch shows at smaller venues, I guess that's why they're cheaper. For the Chili Peppers I shelled out quite a few bucks though.

I tend to hit the big arenas so that's why I guess. It's still ridiculous. $100 for the ticket. I spend another $100 - $200 on beer and a t-shirt. Yikes.
  • MrEmoticon
    Options

I tend to hit the big arenas so that's why I guess. It's still ridiculous. $100 for the ticket. I spend another $100 - $200 on beer and a t-shirt. Yikes.

Man, I know that feeling. I'm considering going to Lollapalooza this year. Plane ticket, concert ticket, plus drinks/food/shirts, I don't even want to think about how much I'll spend if I go.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    BBV and HCG
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Clothes
    Trips
    Football season tickets
    Concerts
    New technology
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Shoes

Dresses (i never wear pants or shorts in the summer)

Quality food for my dogs (They are on a RAW diet)

Ultra fast internet (25Mb download/7Mb upload @ $79/month)

iPhone plan ($68/month, ridiculous)
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Tattoos and RC cars/racing. Ive got over 6g tied up just in cars and parts. Both gas and electric!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    That's easy: Bacon (but I don't see it as a waste of money at all)

ivl9ad.jpg
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    Clothes
    Trips
    Football season tickets
    Concerts
    New technology

Now the big question. What football team?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I haven't wasted my money on anything fun in a while.

However I am due for a phone upgrade and my Black Berry has been acting up on me. I might upgrade to an iPhone -- I really want to but I told myself I wouldn't yet.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options

Tell me how you like the GT. I'm in the market, and almost made the leap, but I've never had a mustang before, and that's a lot for something I'm not 100% sure I'd like haha.

It is supposed to show up on July 5th, so I will let you know. The test drive was awesome, so much power, and so much fun with the 6-speed manual. I've wanted one since I was about 10 years old, and couldn't fit into them until I finally lost the weight. It's my present to myself for reaching my goal.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Lip gloss (gotta have shiny lips) , purses & shoes. :heart:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    *sigh* I haven't wasted my money on anything fun in a while.

However I am due for a phone upgrade and my Black Berry has been acting up on me. I might upgrade to an iPhone -- I really want to but I told myself I wouldn't yet.
    Look at the new Galaxy S3, the Galaxy Note or the Skyrocket before you look at the iPhone. Just look first and then make your decision.

I have an iPhone and will never buy another...ever. Now I love their iMac and I'm ok with the iPad, but I wish the iPad would have come with a USB port.

Anyway, I've had every iPhone model available and I'm through drinking the Apple koolaid with their phones.