What do you waste your money on?

Options

Replies

• SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Red Wine - Have cut back though because it was hindering the weight loss.:drinker:
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Books! I read about 100pgs an hour so the books I buy, I usually read and finish the same day I get. I feel guilty when I buy a new book and still have one at home that I haven't read yet. I have always re-read books because I read so fast but for some reason that really bothers my husband so every time we're at the store, he makes me buy a book...which is no hardship for me, but I still feel guilty.

I spent the last 8 years barely having anything left after my bills were paid and now that I'm in a better job and have $$ left over after bills, I still can't quite shake the guilty feeling when I buy stuff I don't need whether it's books or or clothes.

have you tried the library?

Do you know how long the waiting list is for good new releases at the library? I get lots of free and cheap books, and the new releases I really want to read now I just pay the price for. Books are never an indulgence or waste of money. People who read for pleasure gain many benefits beyond just the entertainment of reading.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Coffee & wine :laugh:
  • secondchance82
    Options
    Like you - I'm frugal but my problem is shoes & expensive coffee.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    - Anything at Best Buy. (Platinum Silver RewardZone member - it's an elite group.)

- Sushi

- Food in general

- Ridiculous high heels and shoes in general
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    lingerie, corsets & shoes!!!!!!!!
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh coffee. The keurig makes me drink more of it and buy more and more kinds!
  • beauty2323
    beauty2323 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    MARY JANE!!!!!!:laugh:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    - Anything at Best Buy. (Platinum Silver RewardZone member - it's an elite group.)

- Sushi
    Ahhh the hidden epicness of our friendship
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Books
    Nail polish
    Clothes and shoes
    Movies

yes books, movies, nail polish too lol ;)

Don't consider books a waste of money!

Egh...they can be but not for the reason you're thinking of. I have over 1000 novels alone. I have no more space for them....they are double stacked on the shelves and even sitting in boxes on the floor. I have read every book I own and visit the library weekly. I typically read through 3 to 5 books a week. I also hate e-readers as I like the feel and smell of books. I truly am a book *kitten*, I can't stop myself. My family knows to just give me gift cards to book stores for every holiday. Lol.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Starbucks coffees, junky toys for my spoiled cat and bath & body works lotion @ $12.50 each. My skin needs to be spoiledddd. :bigsmile:
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Handmade bath products - anything from body butter to bath fizzers to gorgeous handmade soaps. :love:
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Tickets (Football, Baseball, Basketball and soon Soccer: All Houston teams, Colorado teams when I go to the home land)

Hair & Nails (SO expensive but necessary)

Wine

Gifts: I love to buy gifts for people, something about finding the perfect little gift.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh coffee. The keurig makes me drink more of it and buy more and more kinds!

Yes................This!!!!!!
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Travel. I go see long distance friends. I absolutely love it. :-)
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    hookers and gin is what i always say but the reality is not much i am usually a saver for 2 yearly tripa to mexico some buddies and other things like concerts or trips to vegas
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You mean that's not budgeted in?

Snacks, hair accessories. Things I buy and never look back at again.

Maryjane's always in the budget.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I'm typically a fairly frugal person.

But sometimes I say screw it, and go spend money on some pretty neat (if useless) things. Recently I bought an expensive pair of sunglasses and some watches. In the past it's been things like one of those ecospheres. Right now, I'm totally thinking of buying this : http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/e7f1/?icpg=Banner_MeltingClock_20120617

So, what's your guilty pleasure for just throwing away your money?

Pretty much anything with a processor. I own more tablets (6- 1 iPad, 5 Android), laptops (4 Macs/ 4 IBM compatibles running various flavors of Linux and a Win7 box), phones (7, with two in use at any one time receiving calls from 4 phone numbers), desktop computers (2, though I barely use anymore--no reason as laptops are plenty powerful these days), music players (14!--8 are iPods), game systems (2), streaming devices (2--Apple TV and Roku) and other sundry gadgets than most entire families will own in a lifetime. I've retired countless computers, phones and handheld computers.

I'm classic computer geek.

You are my hero. ;) Geeks unite!

Yeah, girl geeks FTW for sure. But I do need to learn some self control. I don't need to own everything I can hack, ya know?
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    girl geeks = drool city.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    fitness stuff--DVDs, clothes. and junk food. endless cycle. :)